Extra IQ twice?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Extra IQ twice?

Unread post by psam_rage »

So I was reading Rifter 46 looking at the Revenant. I noticed something odd on page 45 in the Mutant Animal Powers, it has Extra Intelligence Quotient upgrade listed twice (at two different costs). I was wondering can you actually take it twice or was that a Typo? Also If it was a Typo which cost is correct.

{On an unrelated note has the cost for chromium ever been listed? I have a player designing A Golden Age robot and he has an abundance of excess money so he wondered if could get Chromed.}
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Extra IQ twice?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

psam_rage wrote:So I was reading Rifter 46 looking at the Revenant. I noticed something odd on page 45 in the Mutant Animal Powers, it has Extra Intelligence Quotient upgrade listed twice (at two different costs). I was wondering can you actually take it twice or was that a Typo? Also If it was a Typo which cost is correct.

{On an unrelated note has the cost for chromium ever been listed? I have a player designing A Golden Age robot and he has an abundance of excess money so he wondered if could get Chromed.}
Just read it.

VERY good question.

I would say that, at the GM's discretion, it could be either a Typo....OR.......it may be an opportunity for a player who really really wants the ability for his character, to spend Bio-E on it twice. And my argument for it being a possibility that the Author set it up this way: the fact that the first boost is only 5 points, but the second boost is 10; this makes me think that it isn't a simple typo, as the point requirements would probably be exactly the same (i.e., a crappy cut-and-paste job) if that were the case.

(Also, without me having to try and dig through any After the Bomb books I might or might not have.......what does the extra I.Q. power do, and is it potentially worth a player's while to pursue a double dip?)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

+5 IQ
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

What I think is that the writer thinks that a char can only take the 'inc. IQ' only once. So the 10 bio-e cost would of been for a 2nd 'inc. IQ'.
--------------
Chrome: Which setting are you talking about?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
psam_rage
Explorer

Chrome: [Rifts] He is building an Experimental American Empire (Cyberworks) Neural Intelligence robot (using SB1:Revised) that just came online when (either our resident HU alien gets shot down after folding into orbit, or when a large explosion jars the facility and triggers something to bring his systems online [in which case the alien guy is looking at being a TW with a Behemoth Explorer instead.)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ferrro chrome is running at 2.53 US dollars per kilogram and Iron ore pellets (what is delivered to a steal plant) runs 131.20 US dollars per ton.
1 short ton has 907.185 kg.
So the cost per ton for ferro chrome is 2,295.18 USD.
This is a ratio of 1:17.5

So my estimate about the cost of chromium would be 17.5 times the cost of steel.
---------------
However, if you mean the cost of the Chromium Armor (write in Glitterboy armor) I would set it at 70% of the cost of a standard GB would cover the cost of the GB's armor. Which I would set at 75% of the total weight/mass of the GB.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”