Armor Extrapolation

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Armor Extrapolation

Unread post by Godogma »

Some armors in older books only have the main body MDC listed - I know that I saw a blurb somewhere that said what percentage of that armor was available for Arms, Legs, etc... Can anyone tell me where this passage was located?

I thought it was in the Game Master's guide but I couldn't find it there; it could be that I missed the passage.
It's clear that your mind is made up, and pesky things like facts are not going to educate you. Perhaps it is your mindset that is immune to transformation by any means? - The_Livewire
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: Armor Extrapolation

Unread post by Grell »

You can extrapolate it from a comparable suit of armor already broken down?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Armor Extrapolation

Unread post by Godogma »

Grell wrote:You can extrapolate it from a comparable suit of armor already broken down?

Main Body MDC multiplied by a certain percentage = the arm armor.
Main Body MDC multiplied by a certain other percentage = the leg armor.

If I could find it I'd post the percentages, it's being illusive however.

EDIT: Found it cruising the Cutting Room Floor - here's the question and the answer.

1. Since the changes in some of the books the MDC by Location on some types of armor have changed. Is there a formula for figuring out the MDC by Location on the body armor in the older books?

Answer: If no MDC is listed by location, allocate 15% for each leg, 10% for each arm, 5% for the head, and the rest to the main body. The amount listed in the book for the main body will remain the same for the main body. For example a set of armour with 40 MDC for the main body (as listed in the main book), will have the following assigned - 9 MDC for each arm, 5 for the head, and 15 for the arm.
It's clear that your mind is made up, and pesky things like facts are not going to educate you. Perhaps it is your mindset that is immune to transformation by any means? - The_Livewire

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”