The Letter Writting Campaign

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

The Letter Writting Campaign

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Okay folks, if we want this to happen, lets do what we can to help it along. I'm proposing a letter writing campaign:

Rules are, keep your messages shot and sweet. Be respectful but don't gush, and pick your targets wisely: IMDB is your best friend for this. Actually, IMDB is our main tool for this little project.

How this works is simple. We write emails and/or letters, but never more than one to each 'mark' from a specific person. We're trying to encourage awareness, not spam their mail boxes.

Marks are simple. We want everyone to email Jerry Brukheimer, and the disney people. Whoever you can find that might have something to do with this project. The other tier is a little more complicated. Write the actors/actresses that you would like to get involved. If you write enough of the right ones, we can get more attention to the project and the more big names that may be interested, the more likely it can get made. However, pick your targets carefully.

To get the contact information, take advantage of IMDB's 14 free day trial to IMDB pro. Using that you can find the contact info for almost every person in Hollywood. Please post here who you wrote to and if possible, the email that you sent them. Suggestions for 'talking points' should also be posted here as well. Oh, generally speaking, avoid picking actors that have more than 8 movies in production or pre-production, because that means they're going to be booked up for a looooong time. That's counter-productive to this particular project.

When writing the letter, be casually professional. Don't pretend to be an English professor or a poet, but make sure that you have your spelling and grammar correct. Some errors to grammar for the sake of keeping your own style would also be acceptable, and keeps them from thinking that these emails are just mass produced.

Keep your emails to under 300 words. Less is definitely more, cause the sad fact is people will more likely read something that takes a minute more than something that takes an hour. If possible, keep them within 100 words.

So, if you're interested, get to it. Let us know who you sent to, and if possible, any response you get. Also, spread the word about this to the other people on the forums that don't usually visit this area, as well as palladium fans that don't come to the forums at all.

Hollywood is finally starting to take geek culture seriously, and after the massive success of the Dark Knight, our words have more sway than ever.
Maryann
Adventurer

Re: The Letter Writting Campaign

Unread post by Maryann »

Writing anyone at Disney won't get you anywhere, they're the money men behind the project. Bruckheimer studios are the main movers and shakers, thats who you write to to get you your message across.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Maryann wrote:Writing anyone at Disney won't get you anywhere, they're the money men behind the project. Bruckheimer studios are the main movers and shakers, thats who you write to to get you your message across.

Actually, depending on what Disney gets and how much, they can also apply pressure to get the movie out, but as I said, Brukheimer is the main target.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Logan the Defiant wrote:Worst idea ever...

If I was one of those guys, nothing would irritate me more than getting annoying letters from fanboys and girls crying for a movie to be made. Being money makers, they'll probably push it ahead, but it'll be crap. Most fan pushed movies are. Look how Spider-man 3 turned out.

Thats why your not a Hollywood producer! :) You have to understand your market and listen to it. After all the point of being a producer out on the left coast is to make money and I think Rifts could be a huge money maker. So I think this is a fantastic idea. Mr. Bruckheimer needs to know theres a huge market for this project!
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

This is an EXCELLENT idea.

Everyone who creates a product of any sort enjoys fan mail. Just make it polite, positive and use your spell-checker!

Also, no "money-man" consider himself anything less than a film maker. In Los Angeles, studio accountants want to be introduced as "producers" at parties and premieres. I know, I live here. And many "money men" do cross over to become true producers who champion scripts.

Obviously the campaign should focus on Jerry Bruckheimer since he optioned the property, but there is nothing to lose by spreading the buzz to Disney execs and even actors and directors you love. If Actor X or Director Y calls Jerry and says "hey, tell about this Rifts thingie", that can only help the cause.

Buzz is good.

Return to “Rifts® Movie”