Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Post subject: Re: Rifts Movie Talk
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:42 am

Knight

Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.
6armdemon wrote:
Of course Palladium is taking a risk in the production of this movie (look what happened with TMNT). Rifts is so diverse that it's hard to actually get anything "wrong" in the movie as far as the fans are concerned. We will all have our fair share of gripes with the movie (we all have slightly different views as to the image of Rifts Earth/Phase World). It's important to remember that more than likely, the directors will go for a "public appeal" and all but forego the traditional Rifts setting. And I mean "traditional" in the overall sense that Rifts is "high-powered" and "munchkin", which is a Godsend to me (don't care much for the constant reticule of other gamers calling me super-uber). If you're looking for a movie that will display a Cosmo-Knight flying through a sun, creating a chain reaction that will ultimately lead to a supernova, in order to destroy some Dominator that can't be killed any other way...well...you MAY be disappointed.

...actually...that sounds kinda cool... :D

I don't think they are taking any real risk, since they arn't actually investing any money into it. Even if it flops, people will likely forget about it. Unless it flops bigtime then it will be made fun of for years to come, then, they may have a problem.

"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:13 pm

D-Bee

I've notice that creator of marvel is in all his films (Go Lee!!) I was wondering if ole Kev was going to be in his production?

"In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time."

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:15 pm

Explorer

Scaype wrote:
I've notice that creator of marvel is in all his films (Go Lee!!) I was wondering if ole Kev was going to be in his production?

Well considering nobody really knows who he is it's not too likely. Although maybe he will end up as a sort of Silent Bob role.. Maybe he will be sitting in a bar or outside on a vheicle so all of us can say... "Why is Steve Jackson in this movie?"

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:30 pm

D-Bee

Hey Ratkin,

Good to see another person who has sufferd in Iraq. I am currently here in an official and unofficial capacity.

In regards to the movie and end products, I have been waiting 13 years for Palladium to make Coalition vehicle miniatures that are proportionate to the other miniatures. A lot of people don't use them but some of us do.

One thing that popped in my head today was a RIFTS game similar to Warhammer 40K where you could have a legion of Coalition and other races. That way you could have large scale battles and also end up with detailed painted miniatures to collect.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:03 am

D-Bee

I've been hoping for a RTS PC game based on the Coalition War Campaign ever since the book came out. Maybe if the movie is a success my dream will become reality, but I doubt it. Though Westwood or Blizzard would do a great job of it. Or Bioware could be contacted for an RPG game, that'd rock so much. Sigh

I've got black magic, a hair trigger, and a short fuse. Bring it! -- Black Mage

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:37 pm

Wanderer

Cipher wrote:
Hey Ratkin,

Good to see another person who has sufferd in Iraq. I am currently here in an official and unofficial capacity.

In regards to the movie and end products, I have been waiting 13 years for Palladium to make Coalition vehicle miniatures that are proportionate to the other miniatures. A lot of people don't use them but some of us do.

One thing that popped in my head today was a RIFTS game similar to Warhammer 40K where you could have a legion of Coalition and other races. That way you could have large scale battles and also end up with detailed painted miniatures to collect.

Drop me a line when you get back - we've been playtesting a homebrew tabletop game for Rifts. Army lists are still in beta but the core rules are pretty solid. It's WH40k Epic scale and we use various converted 6mm/1:285/1:300 scale sci-fi and modern miniatures.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:12 am

D-Bee

First off, to you boys and girls in Iraq, KEEP ROCKIN!!! we love ya no matter what. your there for the greater good.

Second, as long as the movie has a glitter boy in it, i'll be happy.

Third, i want a legion of glitter boys!!!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:54 pm

Wanderer

Togashi Johnathan wrote:
Quote:
Second, as long as the movie has a glitterboy in it, i'll be happy

Nah, Id sooner have the scene hinted at in CWC, an IAR-3 Skull Smasher going tooth and nail with a Great Horned Dragon( preferably Star Wars quality CGI)

Now that would rock!

But I only have one suggestion for the production of the movie. Could you imagine.....

IMAX!!!
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Administrator of The Playground

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:22 pm

Hero

IMAX theatrical releases tend to cost way more than a standard movie. Tack on about $5 to whatever your local theatre charges. At Chicago's Navy Pier IMAX theatre, a major movie costs $14.50. If the film does extraordinarily well, then I could see this after the first run is up, much like what happened with the last two Star Wars films.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:52 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Whatever happens, just DONT LET PALLADIUM HAVE THE SCRIPT BACK!!!!!!

If Kevin and Wayne get it back, we'll have to wait until the Time of the Rifts to see the movie. lol

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:19 pm

D-Bee

Hey Col. I love the Morrowind pic for your sig. I play that game like crazy. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:20 pm

D-Bee

I dig the Morrowind pic Col. I play that game like mad. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:22 pm

Wanderer

Mike Taylor wrote:
IMAX theatrical releases tend to cost way more than a standard movie. Tack on about $5 to whatever your local theatre charges. At Chicago's Navy Pier IMAX theatre, a major movie costs $14.50. If the film does extraordinarily well, then I could see this after the first run is up, much like what happened with the last two Star Wars films.

Yeah, it would cost a little more, but wouldn't you pay the little extra to see it on the really big screen?
I know I would, provided it doesn't turn into another hollywood lisence butcherjob :fl:

Administrator of The Playground

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:16 pm

D-Bee

I think the IMAX theatres idea is probably not a profitable one. I know WE are all excited to see this movie, and despite all of our varied ideas about what should be or shouldn't be in the movie...more than likely we will all still like it. Afterall, we are fans, right? However, when making a motion picture, you do not do so to appeal to the people you know already are going to see it, there money is guaranteed...its the rest of the world you want to make sure is impressed. Granted, you don't want to **** the fans off, but realize that no matter what your end result, fans are going to have some disappointment no matter what. They are so set in what they want, and every fan wants something different. Its basically impossible to make a 'movie for the fans' because of this. So instead you strive for the audience that has no idea and has no biases...thats where the money is made.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:09 am

D-Bee

Has there been any new info since this thread was released? I noticed it was dated nearly a year ago. Optioned does not Final as I understand it, some sort of time limit. too lazy to sift through everything people have written to read. and hell, if kevin is looking for poorly written scripts written by unemployed fans I'm sure I and several others could give him good reason as to why a proffesional should write it. and yes I misspelt at least one word. :)

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Unread postPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:21 pm

Adventurer

NatJester wrote:
I think the IMAX theatres idea is probably not a profitable one. I know WE are all excited to see this movie, and despite all of our varied ideas about what should be or shouldn't be in the movie...more than likely we will all still like it. Afterall, we are fans, right? However, when making a motion picture, you do not do so to appeal to the people you know already are going to see it, there money is guaranteed...its the rest of the world you want to make sure is impressed. Granted, you don't want to **** the fans off, but realize that no matter what your end result, fans are going to have some disappointment no matter what. They are so set in what they want, and every fan wants something different. Its basically impossible to make a 'movie for the fans' because of this. So instead you strive for the audience that has no idea and has no biases...thats where the money is made.

...true...

Post subject: movie movie movie
Unread postPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:52 am

D-Bee

Great and congratulation on the deal with Nokia. Yes were greedy and want even more. Holding off buying my next cell phone till 2005 (come on hold out till then). PC version maybe in the pipe line I hope later? Can't wait for the next bit of good news from you KS. Your on the right track, keep going for all our sakes. Uh! Make sure there is a Cool or rather Hot Burster in the movie. :D Nothing like a burster to take the chill out of the air! or to warm someone up.

Post subject: Rifts Movie
Unread postPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:35 am

Hero

IF I envisioned a Rifts movie it would go as follows;

A CS soldier in the midst of a battle with D-Bees. He becomes a hero. the icon of the battle. He has a girlfriend, who is discovered to have magic potential. She is captured, and he(because of his distinction in battle) is the senior officer to decide her fate. He questions his place in the CS and starts to listen to the citizens who offer other opinions on the morality of the CS.

He goes against his training on a mission(maybe a sweep & destroy against an unarmed village) and becomes suspect. After this he is relegated to an outpost. He is exposed to elements that suggest his girl is still alive, and someone with the knowledge on how this all came to be(in twenty minutes the setting becoms apparent. Maybe a half hour into the movie).

From there he attempts to go against commmand, and is exiled to the wilderness that is Rifts Earth. He shacks up with an agricultural community, and teaches them to defend themselves. They defend themselves from CS invasion, and from a prisoner he learns his girl is still alive.

He enlists the help of a mage who helps him enter the compound. His escape and her release depends on the mage who tipped him off in the first place.

I believe that for a movie, Rifts is better off told from a CS standpoint. Humanity has one last hope, and that is the CS. The ideal is true and pure, but the delivery leaves much to be desired.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:34 am

Explorer

I am thinking a three year wait b4 anything gets released.....

dum dee dum...

tiddling my thumbs......

Hold my breath????? nah

BTW I loved the Dungeons & Dragons movie, it was a good start as I am looking to promote a follow up movie.....

but then again I am not a lord of the rings fan either, I could just kill Frodo in those movie's....

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:35 am

Adventurer

Someone LIKED the DnD movie? and admitted it? wow you're brave.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:13 am

Explorer

Bravery and stupidity are hard to tell apart, I'll go for "Brave"....cos "the new name for stupidity is Ridley!, this is the Ridleyest thing I have ever heard!" Snails DnD movie....

I EVEN OWN IT! on DVD I did get it for $10NZD ($5.50 USD)

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:59 am

Dungeon Crawler

did u ever play DnD if not i can see why u thought it was ok.

i remember watching it thinking what the heck are beholders that stupid ich i cant believe i spent 7 bucks to see this garbage.

now had some one else paid my ticket i probly would not dislike as much as do but hey i did like snails he was the only character that made sence
the main character was a whinei bard, i swear had no thieving ability infact no skill what so ever and a wisdom of 6 if not worse

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:12 am

Explorer

yeah I play D&D,yeah 1st 2nd and 3rd editions I even have the D&D not advanced edition ie Hollow world...

yeah well Ridley wisdom was 11 actually, got the character sheets with the DVD....lol and he is a Sorceror/Rogue(well at the end he is anyway)

but none the less it was a great movie..

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:18 am

D-Bee

Yea! A Sinder one would be Great. You have my perrmission for it.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:00 am

Adventurer

If K.S. was really gona call Rifts "Boomers" instead due to the Glitter Boy it may well be that a Glitter Boy will make an appearance in the movie. According to the latest on the Rifts game, a G.B. will be one of the main characters. One could use that to support the idea since K.S. was/is heavily involved in the creation of the video game.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:24 pm

Palladium Books® Staff

He is heavily involved.

Alex Marciniszyn,
Palladium Books

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:29 am

Explorer

Ok heavily involved, buthow "heavily" involved

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:53 am

Adventurer

Im just looking forward to the movie period. Only question i have about it is what is gonna be the title of the movie? Rifts? i know its too early for the answer but still........I hope they have something about Larsen's Brigade though, even though they probly won't :cry: and if they do have toys, model, comics, etc. im hope they have a juicer model. I have always thought they looked so cool in the plate mail armor. :thwak: btw i think the violent smiley is cool too

Post subject: Rifts Movie
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:55 am

D-Bee

I am new to the message boards here, but I can't tell you guys how excited I am to discover that there is a Rifts movie in the works. I have always been a big fan of the Palladium RPGs and especially Rifts. When I saw this posting I read through all the posts to see what information I could get from here. In fact, I have always kept a look out for anything that was related to rifts, like novels. I have noticed that many of the other RPGs have novels that were related to their genre, but I could never find one on rifts. Does anyone know of where I might find some?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:45 am

Palladium Books® Staff

Just go to the Palladium Books catalog section of the web site. There are three Rifts novels.

Regards,

Alex Marciniszyn,
Palladium Books

Post subject: Rifts Books
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:01 pm

D-Bee

I appreicate that. I was wodering if you knew of any more than those three.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:14 pm

Wanderer

I see this threa has been up for a year now. So what actual solid proof do we have this is actually happening?

Who's directing?
Who's acting?

Whats actually going on?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:02 am

Rifter® Contributer

David Franzoni (King Arthur) will be writing it. Kevin has met with Bruckheimer and his people. Just read the relevant threads and follow the appropriate links to catch up.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:54 pm

D-Bee

So we know that Disney has somthing to do with it forgot if it was licencing or publising. And the Director of the King Aurthur movie is Directing it. So who IS writing it and who is the producer. When these questions are awnserd then the rest should flow pretty quickly.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:31 pm

Adventurer

Christoph wrote:
So we know that Disney has somthing to do with it forgot if it was licencing or publising. And the Director of the King Aurthur movie is Directing it. So who IS writing it and who is the producer. When these questions are awnserd then the rest should flow pretty quickly.

No director has been announced, David Franzoni is writing it and Disney is distributing it. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:24 pm

Champion

Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...
Maryann wrote:
Christoph wrote:

No director has been announced, David Franzoni is writing it and Disney is distributing it. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

I could direct it, I'm a theatre minor... and took both directing classes offered at this college.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:45 pm

D-Bee

Are there appropriate words to express the level of excitement over this? No, I think not. I could say a million things, and never come close to the true feelings I have about seeing my favorite game in a major movie format. I am glad to hear it won't be as bad as the D&D movie. That was terrible. Does anyone even have a clue what spells were being cast in it? I thought I was well versed in the D&D universe, but I didn't recognize any of the spells, with the possible exception of Gate. Maybe. :D :D :D :-D :-D :D :) :-) :D :D :-P :P :lol: 8-)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:41 pm

D-Bee

If the movie is done right, this could open a huge door to future opportunities. Mini-series' on the Sci-Fi channel, cartoons, cgi shows...more funding for a better video game platform, maybe even a MMORPG. That would be awesome. I really hope they at least ad a glimpse of the vampire threat in Mexico and a few Anti-Monsters doing a campaign in Juarez or something like that. Christ I love this game!!!

"If you were a man and I was a woman...whoa, where was I going with that?" - Tiamat

"Someone sedate this freak" - Shiner

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:29 pm

Hero

..... can I buy my ticket really really really really really in advance? :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Wanderer

All I got to say is that if the movie is at least better than than D&D then it deserves a series of sequals...everyone wants to see so much, there's really no way they can capture all of the crazy and awesome stuff on Rifts Earth in only one movie!

...and Disney better get out of the way when the Blood Buckets are flying, this ain't gonna be no squishy kids movie...although children could be in it...they could be...eaten by monsters in it.... :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:25 pm

Hero

-_- You're quite disturbing you know that.... then again... I think I'd like to see the kids eat the monsters... cause the kids are the monsters and the monsters are just really ugly D-Bees... now THAT'd throw some people off.

75 GM Geek Points

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:00 am

Explorer

"MEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWW"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:51 am

D-Bee

I took a short one year sabbatical from RPing and now coming back I see major improvements to all that is palladium. The website, the first video game, and a MOVIE. Awesome.
As for the movie I really think this is a great plan but from the beginning Kevin S. asked for opinions on how the movie should be. I am sure everyone will be willing to give there opinion but we need a focus. Rifts is too big to try and fit in one movie or three for that matter. How do we even give help to something that we can't really follow? I’m sure that the writers and the people in control of the movie will never give any hit to what they are writing so... I guess we just through random stories out and hope one gets recognition. Then again we may just be adding fiction for nothing and the authors will not give a rip about the original fans.
None the less I say more power to the project and hope for great success.

My random hope is that the extreme tragedy that came from the catastrophe will be shown. What it means to need a warlord not just be oppressed by one. I want to see the real fear of becoming the next lowest thing on the food chain. Destruction and crazy CGI are a given but epic to the point that only Rifts could provide. Watching and elf climb an elephant is cool but watching an M&M take out a pack giants single handed. If it is Disney I know the juicier (drug user) will not be seen but maybe a crazy for comic relief. Maybe show both sides of the Shifters: the evil summoner and the superior protector. I think maybe the best way to show the coalition and the other monsters would be from the view point of a Cyber Knight. A great hero to side with and a cool costume isn't that what all action movies are about besides cussing and one liners. That is just a few ramblings from a fan.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:29 am

Explorer

I think you cannot really have a Rifts movie without Juicers, as Juicers are an important part of the world.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:31 am

Invisible Pink Unicorn

Stevil wrote:
If it is Disney I know the juicier (drug user) will not be seen but maybe a crazy for comic relief. Maybe show both sides of the Shifters: the evil summoner and the superior protector. I think maybe the best way to show the coalition and the other monsters would be from the view point of a Cyber Knight. A great hero to side with and a cool costume isn't that what all action movies are about besides cussing and one liners. That is just a few ramblings from a fan.

Hmm what about showing the Dark side of being a juicer, you know have one that's burnign out and getting the last call? that might let it come in even for Disney.

The 2 shifter could work if you had good chemistry...

and the Cyberknight might seem to much like a Star Wars rip off by people who aren't fans of rifts...
I mean we know it's not but will most people watching it?
just some thoughts on your thoughts... :D

Post subject: Bruckheimer and Rifts
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:22 am

Explorer

How long has the movie been a twinkle in Bruckheimer's and KS's eyes? I'm thinking since at least 2000. Considering that I know that there was an individual emailing several online GMs on thier views of the setting and plot of rifts. I was even emailed. I deleted the email after answering it. Im thinking that maybe I should have kept that email. ;-)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:11 pm

Palladin

Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Warpig wrote:
All I got to say is that if the movie is at least better than than D&D then it deserves a series of sequals...everyone wants to see so much, there's really no way they can capture all of the crazy and awesome stuff on Rifts Earth in only one movie!

...and Disney better get out of the way when the Blood Buckets are flying, this ain't gonna be no squishy kids movie...although children could be in it...they could be...eaten by monsters in it.... :D

That's EXACTLY the problem, War...the Studios are NOT going to allow Realism (such as it is in an imaginary alternate Universe)...they will go for the cold, hard cash. I expect a Love Story to be woven in somehow, and Typical Hollywood Villains that are one-dimensional stereotypes (mark my words...virtually EVERYONE in the Coalition States will be protrayed as insensitve bigots...and the Emperor and his son will simply be protrayed as insane. Not calculating, not complex...insane). Oh yeah, also look for action figures for the Comic Relief character, and Rifts Corn Cereal, with little Marshmallow Coalition Skulls................

The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:13 pm

Adventurer

cornholio wrote:
Warpig wrote:

That's EXACTLY the problem, War...the Studios are NOT going to allow Realism (such as it is in an imaginary alternate Universe)...they will go for the cold, hard cash. I expect a Love Story to be woven in somehow, and Typical Hollywood Villains that are one-dimensional stereotypes (mark my words...virtually EVERYONE in the Coalition States will be protrayed as insensitve bigots...and the Emperor and his son will simply be protrayed as insane. Not calculating, not complex...insane). Oh yeah, also look for action figures for the Comic Relief character, and Rifts Corn Cereal, with little Marshmallow Coalition Skulls................

A love story about a atlantian blind warrior slave and a coalition commando?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:57 pm

Explorer

if you take death out of the movie... it's not Rifts.

And the dual Proseks are INSANE.

If the movie is going to be abused, then there's little we can do about it here... just wait for it to come out and hold our breath. BUT... if it IS going to be abused then... we might as well guess what abuses are going to befall it.

My bet is Joseph or Karl fall off of a death's head vehicle to their immediate doom so as not to show any REAL violence and to give the A.D.D. audience their $9's worth resolution to a problem that's plagued rifts players since they bought all the books totalling about $200.00 to $600... Mass marketing isn't it grand... If disney sells this one out, i'm never going to watch another disney film again.

Also while prognosticating possible abuses and horrible acts by disney you forgot to mention using a dragon hatchling to run around and act like a dog, complete with slobbering and licking...

-or-

...it could hatch, be the size of a house cat, and only be able to say "mama." breath fire akin to a small blow torch and be harshly kicked or knocked away by an enraged Joseph Prosek in an effort to... tug at the heart strings of our sympathetic audience... tell me i'm kidding and I'll point out what disney did to the history of the New World in "El Dorado"

If anything is going to be abused, it's going to be Hatchlings... far too much potential and it stands out in nearly everyones mind. Look for Bursters to be EVIL... main character is either going to be a nerdy rogue scholar, a down-on-his-luck glitter boy pilot or filthy-poor-as-sin headhunter with a heart of gold... though is MOST LIKELY a 20th century D-Bee with NO idea what the heck is going on (think Frye on Futurama).

the female love interest will probably have psychic powers and be one of the more mysterious RCC/OCC's. "mind melter, Mystic, or some silly magic/psionics hybrid"

all in all, this movie has me more scared than Salems Lot and I haven't even watched it yet.

And that's saying something because Salem's Lot is one TWISTED FLICK.

Also, there's one more ugly possibility that has crept around my head...

the possibility that Disney will attempt to acquire the rights to Palladium or at least to Rifts...

if the movie franchise is highly successful...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:12 pm

Explorer

filmography of the writer is actually pretty damn nice.

Hannibal (2005) (not the hannibal the cannibal, hannibal the carthaginian)

King Arthur (2004) (written by)

Gladiator (2000) (screenplay) (story)

Amistad (1997) (written by)
Citizen Cohn (1992) (TV) (written by)

Jumpin' Jack Flash (1986) (screenplay) (story)

won an academy award for best picture in 2001.

this makes me ALOT less nervous because these movies were all pretty darn bloody. :-x but makes me not feel so good in someway's because in order to create gladiator he used alot anachronisms.

THOUGH... HE'S FAR FAR FAR BETTER AS A WRITER THAN ANYONE DISNEY HAS USED BEFORE. THIS MAN HAS MY VOTE OF CONFIDENCE.