Rifter 78

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Rifter 78

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

...Any thoughts on this one, at all?

Particularly that cover I drew?
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Rifter 78

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Fantastic cover. Haven't picked it up yet. You did great artwork!
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I guess there are no words on the scroll cause the arcanist just finished reading it. :twisted: :P :wink:

Or the damsel in distress is actually one of the cultists that swung over the demon gate to lure the hero into trying to save her, but ending up falling into the demon gate because he misjudged things since she was not hanging over the demon gate.

I guess I'm making up stories that could go with the artwork. :angel:
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I guess there are no words on the scroll cause the arcanist just finished reading it. :twisted: :P :wink:

Ohhh, or maybe its because you can't photograph scrolls and we are seeing a photo not a painting. Yeah, that's the ticket...
Although I like your idea that he used the scroll to summon Mr. Monster (remember, always be polite to anything bigger than you and that is probably older than your civilization...)

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Or the damsel in distress is actually one of the cultists that swung over the demon gate to lure the hero into trying to save her, but ending up falling into the demon gate because he misjudged things since she was not hanging over the demon gate.

I guess I'm making up stories that could go with the artwork. :angel:

Oh yeah, that's half the fun of these things isn't it :lol:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I got my copy today.
My opinion is... mixed, as usual.
As usual some of it will see use in my games, and some of it will never come anywhere near my gaming table.
The most interesting thing for me was that the Mummy Immortauls finally gets a spell. I'm not sure I'm 100% behind the implementation, but it exists now which plugs a major gap in the magic system that has existed for decades.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

bar1scorpio wrote:...Any thoughts on this one, at all?

Particularly that cover I drew?

Nice cover
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Ordered mine with Secrets of the Atlanteans, Nightbane: Dark Designs & a 'Gamer' t-shirt via the 2017 X-Mas Grab-Bag. :D

EDIT (12/15/17): Just got my Grabbag goodies in the mail. Rifter #78, Secrets of the Atlanteans, Nightbane: Dark Designs & a 'Gamer' t-shirt, plus 4 bookmarks & the Roger Zeleznik artbook as a bonus. :D
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”