Enchant Weapon Spell

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Enchant Weapon Spell

Unread post by JTwig »

Was happy to see this Nightbane spell converted over to Rifts in Federation of Magic (first printing), but a little disapointed that it was a nerfed when it comes to enchanting firearms (unlike the original Nightbane version). So I made some changes to fit my games, and my wife suggested that I post as some might find it interesting (my wife is not a RPGer so she may be wrong, but I'll do it anyway). I don't have any P.P.E. cost, but I figured that to enchant modern weapons would cost 50-100% more P.P.E.

Enchant Weapons
This powerful spell allows the caster to turn an ordinary, mundane weapon into a magic weapon of significant power. For reason not fully understood it is more effective on simpler weapons, and becomes much less potent when used on advanced weaponry. When used on a melee weapon (any sized) the weapon’s damage is doubled, it may harm creatures impervious to normal weapons like vampires and were-wolves (along with creatures with similar immunities), and inflicts M.D. in Mega-Damage environments.
The spell’s effect on firearms varies dramatically depending on how advanced the weapon is. Black Powder weapons gain benefits exactly like those of melee weapons; increased damage, harm creatures impervious to normal weapons/attacks, and inflicts M.D. in Mega-Damage environments. When used on more advanced and conventional (at least what we would consider conventional) firearms, the weapon gains the ability to harm creatures normally impervious to mundane weapons/attacks and inflict M.D. in Mega-Damage environments, but does not see it’s damage doubled. In either case this spell cannot be used on any weapon larger than the average assault rifle.
Note: This spell has no effect on anything more advanced, such as energy weapons and vibro-blades.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I wouldn't use the enchant weapons spell in FOM or RBOM. Just use the ones from NB, with the same limitations it has in the spell discription.

However, sence the Charm/Enchant spells only covers melee and missles weapons, the spells can not be used to enchant Energy weapons. I would say that missiles, self guilded rockets, can not be enchanted ether.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I wouldn't use the enchant weapons spell in FOM or RBOM. Just use the ones from NB, with the same limitations it has in the spell discription.

However, sence the Charm/Enchant spells only covers melee and missles weapons, the spells can not be used to enchant Energy weapons. I would say that missiles, self guilded rockets, can not be enchanted ether.

Ya, I already thought about it being misused in that way (imagine a shoulder mounted RPG that did 4d4x10 M.D. per shot) so I put a size limiter on modern weapons. I agree, I prefer the version found in NB, but it (obviously) makes no provisions for M.D.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”