Mystic portal+dimensional portal

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I would say that, by default, they would stay on the side of the portal they started on, unless they are almost completely through.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Anything in a magic portal will be shoved back to its starting point if the portal closes while it is in the middle of trasition. Use the Mystic portal Tunnling option damage listings if this happens in a game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Flavor text answers. Does alot of damage but not 850 damage. Since ralph in RIfts Mercs had a dem portal trap on him. THough don't know how a mystic portal would close it is instant teleport.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

My first thought would be chop the victim in two, but PB avoids the instant death. Shoved forward to the next dimension or being popped back to the originating one is a good choice. I like the Random Destination option: A rift (or whatever) closes on you and instead of winding up where the rift was supposed to go, you end up elsewhere.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Thrown back to the starting point - takes damage through dimensional anomaly :demon:.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”