TW questions: "adding to existing technology" &am

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: TW questions: "adding to existing technology"

Unread post by Mouser13 »

whipped4073 wrote:A few questions (not necessarily quick).
1. In RUE, it says you can use Diamonds (20 PPE/carat) & Emeralds (10 PPE/carat) to store PPE in a TW device for use in activating the device. I have a few questions on this issue:
a. At -1% penalty to the skill rolls per PPE point stored, you're not going to get a lot of PPE storage out of this, as even a high-level TW with a high-level TW item will balk at a -50% penalty for storing 50 PPE points. However, I do see the need for some sort of penalty. Has anyone else run into this problem, or is it not really a problem.

Personally I always though it was only -1% if they try to make it with out diamonds or emeralds. Though that is just my thinking not reference other then a rifter with P.P.E. jewelry.

Though the diamonds ver emeralds maybe diamonds are rarer I believe they are in this world so? To the point that I person may not be able to always make the device with most ideal items.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The TW creation Guide-lines in RUE are that, Guide-lines.

I for one won't be following them any time soon. :D

Due to....I don't have any active TW's and I don't have RUE.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: TW questions: "adding to existing technology"

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

whipped4073 wrote:A few questions (not necessarily quick).

1. In RUE, it says you can use Diamonds (20 PPE/carat) & Emeralds (10 PPE/carat) to store PPE in a TW device for use in activating the device. I have a few questions on this issue:
a. At -1% penalty to the skill rolls per PPE point stored, you're not going to get a lot of PPE storage out of this, as even a high-level TW with a high-level TW item will balk at a -50% penalty for storing 50 PPE points. However, I do see the need for some sort of penalty. Has anyone else run into this problem, or is it not really a problem.

It's not supposed to be a cheep or easy option, most TW items are ment to be charged manually. This is just a high-end OPTION for something better. Think of it as a luxury item, most arn't going to use it because it's too expensive for too little utility.
b. Why would anyone use emeralds (16,000 cr/carat) to store PPE, when diamonds can store twice as much for a slightly smaller cost (15,000 cr/carat)? Diamonds can store PPE at 750 cr/PPE point, but emeralds only store it at 1,600 cr/PPE point.

Because not every place is gonna be exsactly running over with dimonds. AKA, supply in demand. Just because something is BETTER, donsn't mean it's AVAIBLE at the present time.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”