Nice Present from a Diabolist

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Diabolists tend to like magical items in general.

Rare materials helps.

More likely, some ancient book that contains some clues as to hidden wards/runes.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

A permanent Inflict Knowledge Ward imbeded in his skin. A painful gift (since it has to be sewn on), but it will give him the ability to read, speak, and understand all languages at 80%, permanently. Another option might be a permanent Protection from (Condition) ward... Fire or Energy or something of the like.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

gadrin wrote:I was thinking of a handy item.

I'd like a totem-like device that when disturbed summons a Shadow Beast but that might be too much. He could use it as a sentry to guard his hideout.

A set of spectacles with the Eye of Mystic Knowledge (equivalent in diabolo-runes) and maybe magical De-cryption ?

Something that's a magical item, but not a Rune-category device.

In one of the PF world books (I'm trying to find which one now), there is a list of ore that is mined on PAlladium. One of them is called Gadrium or Gandrium, something like that. When a chunk is worn as jewelry it acts as a "magic super conductor" and halves PPE cost for the caster wearing.

EDIT: Gantrium, Northern Hinterlands (PF WB 13) page 56. Wearing jewelry halves PPE cost of spells cast and doubles PPE recovery rate of the wearer. Rare and expensive material tho, so might not be feasable for you.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

gadrin wrote:yeah, that's a bit much. he just shifted a demon (not a deevil) to a dimension for a favor.

maybe just a True Name + a new spell will be enough.

Open Pathway might be nice for a Shifter.

I over-tip the pizza delivery person, too. Get's my pie here faster. ;)

I haven't gotten Hades yet, but I assume the demon's true name is powerful (familiar with some lore). That and a new spell sounds like a good price for services rendered. :ok:
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

King Heart wrote:where do you even find diabloists and their abilities?

Palladium Fantasy RPG. There's some in the Conversion book, but not much.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I'm thinking of a Rfiter, one of the later ones (36, 37, something like that) with alternate familiars. One of the options was a toy or action figure. Insert your favorite toy here :D
Carl

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Nice Present from a Diabolist

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

gadrin wrote:what's a nice present from a diabolist ? I don't know diabolism that well.

I have a shifter doing a favor for a Deevil Lord (Hel) who's listed as a 9th level Diabolist, in Dragons & Gods. I was going to have her give him the True Name of a Demon/Deevil plus something she's made.

Any ideas ? Something not too expensive.

A magic sword that (along with some Alchemical enchantments) is permanently warded to damage (or Confuse, or Hate, or Fear, etc) anybody else (who is NOT the shifter or the diabolist) who picks the weapon up.
Or maybe armor with the same ward on it.
Or both.

Or a tent that has permanent Protection From Cold and Protection From Fire wards on it, ensuring that the occupants are always comfortable.

Or a sleeping bag (or pillow) with permanent Protection by Infliction: Sleep on the inside. So that anybody getting inside automatically falls asleep for 4.5 minutes (giving them enough time to REALLY get to sleep)

Or another object (amulet, piece of clothing, jewelry, wand, or random knick-knack) with a permanent ward phrase on it:

Protection By Affliction Knowledge- when the object is disturbed, would instill the person with the ability to read, speak, and understand all languages, and recognize enchantments, at 80% for 9 minutes.

Protection By Affliction: Dark, and Protection From: Dark- When disturbed, the object creates a 90' radius zone of magical darkness, and grants the person disturbing it with Darkvision 60' that can see through magical darkness.

Trigger: Undead + Infliction: Undead (area effect) and Infliction: Light- When the object touches (or is touched by) an undead creature, the item bursts into magical light (equal to 9 torches) that causes 1d6 damage per round to undead (including vamps), and blind them. Also, undead will be repelled from a 55' radius area around the object.
(Works good on holy symbols)

Trigger: Dark + Protection: Sleep- Any time it's dark, the person holding the object is impervious to magical or psionic induced sleep, and they can stay awake as long as they like. Good item for vampire territory or other places where sleeping at night is dangerous.

I could go on.
Basically, just look over the Wards in the PFRPG book, and piece them together into something neat.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”