Id Self

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

asajosh
Hero

Re: Id Self

Unread post by asajosh »

gadrin wrote:The temporal magic spell (13th level)

The spell caster can summon other versions of himself from parallel dimensions.

"parallel dimensions" -- does that mean the other mage will always be the same OCC as the summoner (both be Temporal mages) ?

This is one of those really fun spells for GMs (at least I dig it), cause it has all sortsa open endedness. When I've GMed and this spell was used, I usually picked an OCC at random and use the summoner's level, slightly altered stats and skills. Usually had the player Temporal mage in question draw up these alt versions himself.

gadrin wrote:after 48 hours it gets harder to send back the duplicate. let's say he's happy and decides to stay for 30 days.

Will "Open Pathway" (12th level spell from THru the GLass Darkly) let the duplicate get back to his own dimension, provided he knows it ?

I just read that particular spell for he first time, kind of odd... But I don't see why it shouldn't work in the way you describe.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

"parallel dimensions" -- does that mean the other mage will always be the same OCC as the summoner (both be Temporal mages) ? Does the duplicate have to be a mage ? just curious.

The duplicate will always be you, with exsactly the same skills and aspells and abilities you have, plus or minus a few levels worth.

You only summon from dimensions wherein you were a mage.

after 48 hours it gets harder to send back the duplicate. let's say he's happy and decides to stay for 30 days.

Will "Open Pathway" (12th level spell from THru the GLass Darkly) let the duplicate get back to his own dimension, provided he knows it ?

Of course.

and there's no way to not know your home dimension.

Simply having BEEN there at any point in time means you "know" it. there's no special process involved.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

"parallel dimensions" -- does that mean the other mage will always be the same OCC as the summoner (both be Temporal mages) ? Does the duplicate have to be a mage ? just curious.

The duplicate will always be you, with exsactly the same skills and aspells and abilities you have, plus or minus a few levels worth.

You only summon from dimensions wherein you were a mage.

Where does it say that in the book? I mean, look at Earth and Nightlands. Everyone on earth has a doppleganger on the Nightlands, and alternate version of himself basically, but there is no true similarity of skills and whatnot. You could use Id Self ans summon a crazy lunatic who is completely useless. Nothing in the book seems to even point at that it summons only other mages.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”