Wonderous Items Of magical Properties

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Wonderous Items Of magical Properties

Unread post by jade von delioch »

i was wondering if anyone has developed any NON-Tech (TW) magic items for palladium Fantasy? I have noted the lack of magic items in the books beyond the tons of rune weapons and i have transfered over known D&D items but would much prefer to have something different to offer players..
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Several are detailed in Western Empire, off the top of my head.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

i want something more than what is detailed in the PF books.. Because from what i have seen, it seems that a lot of the new magic items are automatically created for rifts and such.. which does not work well, in my opinion, with a fantasy setting.
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

KItsune's is a great place magic items.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Mark Hall wrote:Several are detailed in Western Empire, off the top of my head.

There are not any TW stuff in the Western empire book, nor Any PF book.

The closest thing in any PF book to being a TW item is the Dwarven Juginaoght, which I belive is in the "Baglor Waistlands" Book.

Becasue of the canon limitation on magical device construction to Ahlcimists, there is no TW items, which can only be made by Techno-Wizards, in the PF setting.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Several are detailed in Western Empire, off the top of my head.

There are not any TW stuff in the Western empire book, nor Any PF book.

The closest thing in any PF book to being a TW item is the Dwarven Juginaoght, which I belive is in the "Baglor Waistlands" Book.

Becasue of the canon limitation on magical device construction to Ahlcimists, there is no TW items, which can only be made by Techno-Wizards, in the PF setting.

I think the OP asked for any NON-TW items...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

oppps ..my bad

then the PF main book, Western emp, eatern teritories and library of betheria.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

i was wondering if anyone out there came up with any of their own? I have seen the ones in the other books and they are cool, but i think the game needs more different types of magic items.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

I come up with my own all the time, though ideas are sometimes stolen from other sources. And thats the main reason why there might not be as many magic items I think, most have already been thought up already and are in print somewhere. Though seeing as how there were no lawsuits over the Powers Unlimited books, I guess thats not a good reason anymore.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

jade von delioch wrote:i was wondering if anyone out there came up with any of their own? I have seen the ones in the other books and they are cool, but i think the game needs more different types of magic items.

But of course, that is what is so great about these games, you can just make stuff up.

TW TK-Tommy Gun--4,000', 2d6 md, 80 payload, 1 burst reloaded by 1 ppe

Glass jar--scarlet pepper enchantment, any fire put into it or scooped up in it turns to red cyristals, the cyristals can be poured out and thrown or the hole jar thrown (uses a ruby and a fire eye in the side of the jar and a copper lid)

tent--Chameleon & self set up and packing

contraceptive silver bracelet--protects against both conception and disease

under-things of the environment--keeps the wearer dry and at a comfortable temp so even on the hottest or coldest climates. Dose not protect against heat/fire/cold/wet magic above 4th level nor vs. major natural events. (same basic idea as the Environmental tent in the PF2 main page 258)

spell ring--light healing-(gold ring with topaz stones)-takes ppe from the wearer and uses it to cast it on the wearer till the wearer is out of PPE(6) the ring has three casting actions per 15 sec. (on a necklace)

magic ring--chaismatice arua/charm--constant while worn
This ring's magic makes the wearer more attractive to the opposite sex in direct proportion to the amount of skin is exposed. This is added on top of the charm % from PB, with a max of 98%. The effects are constant while worn.

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Made Rune Sword once (a colaborative effort really). The AI is a trapped Vampire Intelligence that cajoles, taunts, begs, and threatens the wielder to kill all the time (the bade wants to be wet with blood at all times). The wielder periodically has to save vs insanity or become a willing servent of the weapon. I'm trying to work it into a campaign for an NPC to wield. If you like I'll post the write up.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

just a couple of my odder items...never used and untested so use at your own risk...

demon charm (invented by a mad summoner) grants the user knowledge of one (1) demons true name (any demon seeing this item WILL attempt to acquire it by any means possible).

Crown of thorns grants wearer the abilities of an Earth warlock. each use of the crown however results in 1 hp of damage to the wielder. (also elementals and warlocks see this item as a perversion and will do everything possible to destroy it).
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”