Magic: Rifts vs. PFRPG

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

one, this post belongs in the guild of magic forum,

but they have nearly every spell in common with few exceptions.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Magic: Rifts vs. PFRPG

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

jovienn wrote:Are the assorted spells from the Fantasy RPG game included in the Rifts Book of Magic?

Thanks

No. the Rifts book of Magic is Rifts-only. While they share many spells in both games (and, indeed, all palladium games with magic), the spells you find in palladium fantasy you don't find in the Rifts main book, arn't in the Rifts Book of Magic either.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Magic: Rifts vs. PFRPG

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

jovienn wrote:Thanks for the replies. I've considered doing a mixed campaign and was curious about which of the books I'd need to acquire.

Thanks again!

i'd suggest though the glass darkly for Nightbane.

It has spells you can't find anywhere else.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Most of the ogiganal Rifts spells were imported and converted PF spells, however there are more spells in the RBoM then in the PF books. However, most of the spells in the RBoM are easaly converted back into PF spells. Then there are tose spells that are "honestly you want to waist a spell that does That Little damage while Costing an arm and a leg?" spells that suffer badly in the convertion prosses.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If you wanted the newer PF spells you would need the newer PF books. Most of the time I'm importing the newer PF spells intot he other game settings.

However, if you want to make spells of your own, or modify the ones int he books, you will need the Through the glass Darkly book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

Through the glass Darkly is like almost a required book for source material for magic.
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”