HU's Mimic Skills

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: HU's Mimic Skills

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Dead people have no skills.
Except maybe Decomposing.

(Unless they're ghosts or undead, I suppose..)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

gadrin wrote:So you're saying it's some sort of Telepathic Hijacking of another person's memories (like a Mind Bond at a distance if touch isn't used); that instantly invades the target and gets what's needed. If the person is dead, there's no mind to invade...

More or less.
Once dead, it's not a person; it's an object.
You can't steal skills from an object.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

gadrin wrote:Question for you Killer Cyborg...

So in your game world a Mind Block would prevent this power (Mimic Skills) from working ? (seems like it would/should).

No.

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I think what's been said so far is fair. But the "how dead" comment prompts me to post this malarkey:

When a person's SDC is depleted (ie the Capacity of their Structure to withstand Damage is overcome) and they start to take Hit Point damage, the body starts to come apart: bones break, muscles are torn... you've seen the tables. Recovery of HP damage has to do with putting someone back together (at least a little bit). Go below 0 HP and the systems are so disrupted, the body doesn't even work any more (coma). If you keep damaging that body (to PE below 0) and things are just too broken up/separated to work or to use.

Valid point or post count +1? You decide...

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”