Can an Auto-G mimic a Brodkil ?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Still too much supernatural.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I'd allow it.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I'd allow it.
Brodkil can have cybernetics, they can't be THAT supernatural, IMHO.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

I wouldn't allow it since the reason they can have cybernetics is they don't have bio-reg. They are still supernatural.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

asajosh wrote:I'd allow it.
Brodkil can have cybernetics, they can't be THAT supernatural, IMHO.

even a faction of Supernatural, something that can't be replicated with DNA alone--would be enough to disable the auto-G's abilities.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

gadrin wrote:well, there's really no right/wrong answer. I think the Brodkil is simply a demon which probably prohibits it.

Well, the rules say no supernatural they are supernatural. If you don't like them feel free to change them for you campaign. And personlly I would allow it, but that is because i'm munckin and like to break the rules.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

nameneeded wrote:Can one have supernatural strength and not be partly supernatural?

Star Elves have SN PS and are entirely unsupernatural by canon.
It states many of them become Cosmo Knights, it also states no supernatural being can become a Cosmo Knight.
They have SN PS but aren't supernatural.
Brokil may fit in the same category although I doubt it - there are plenty of times they have been referred to as "Sub Demons" that alone denotes being supernatural to me.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

nameneeded wrote:How can a creature be a "little bit" supernatural? Thats like saying your a "little bit" pregnate. Or a "little bit" dead.

Can one have supernatural strength and not be partly supernatural?

I vote no.

Just read what Gadrin and Giant2005 write below, couldn't have put it better myself.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well, thinking about isn't their are rifter that deals with diesease in supernatural creatures and that the cells of supernatural creature just self destory quickly when not part of the host?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

nameneeded wrote:How can a creature be a "little bit" supernatural? Thats like saying your a "little bit" pregnate. Or a "little bit" dead.

Can one have supernatural strength and not be partly supernatural?

Yes, all you need is the major ability of Supernatural PS from HU. :P
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

Correct me if I'm wrong but in NGR/Triax, the Brodkil are described as being of a Supernatural origin. I think that and maybe it being printed somewhere that they are demons might have some of you thinking that they are Supernatural.

I'd also like to point out that in Mindwerks, the Gene-Splicers have manipulated the DNA of the Brodkils to make Monster Brodkils. One of the genetic enhancements is Supernatural strength. So if a Gene-Splicer can fiddle with their DNA I'd say something like an Auto-G could at least duplicated DNA then.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Here is the best way to sum up the problem you're all having with this question.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”