Mystic Knights, a tribute

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drakinn
Explorer

Mystic Knights, a tribute

Unread post by drakinn »

This is my tribute to the Mystic Knights. They are my favorite OCC and not because of all the standard reasons you hear like power. I am not a big fan of the Order of the White Rose. I like the down and dirty approach of the Knights. their story is masterpiece and I can't think of another OCC that has so much room for story telling and growth. Rare is it to find an SDC human that can take on a dragon and live, ney even make that dragon flee. I have been a GM for 17 years and was amazed by the story that developed just due to the OCC set-up introduction, and maybe it was the person playing the OCC but I doubt it :-D . The mystic Knight reminds me of the man with no name spaghetti westerns played by Clint Eastwood.

Ride on Great Knight live up to your name by driving before you all that oppose you, and do it for a profit. :-D
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

thats, funny because the last person I had play one couldn't get the code and his alignment to mix right. Petty much destory the the campaign. That the fact that half the group was melee and the other have was range didn't help either.

Though I agree they are a good class, but I think of them has a mellee fighter/support(Money saver).

Personally I don't see how he S.D.C. could take on a Dragon?.

We had mock battles with dragon(hatchling)(450 M.D.C.) party member and are mystic knight (had 400 M.D.C.) and we wouldn't win and I was playing the old rules supernatural str and weapon damage stacked(9D6 damage) new he would do only 5D6.
drakinn
Explorer

ohh he did

Unread post by drakinn »

it was with skill and a little luck. the Dragon fled in the end
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Its all in the roleplay and the tactics you use. If you run up and hit the dragon outright, you're gonna die, but if you finess it and use stick and dodge techniques along with good cover fire, you'll see the end of that battle with your head intact. And yeah, Mystic Knights ROCK. Try playing one as a machine person, sooooooo many open doors and not enough time to walk through them all.

Machine People have no PPE and no magical aptitude whatsoever. They can never be Mystic Knights, or any magic using OCC.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Gravitus Everlast wrote:You forget the part about being reformed by the Cosmic Forge in the tower in the center of the megaverse. After the tower has gotten its "Hands" on something, its changed forever. And why wouldn't a machine person be able to understand magic? Is magic not simply the movement of energy to create a desired effect?... wait... dammit I forgot we're talking about MYSTIC KNIGHT and not COSMIC KNIGHT... Sorry. Still, after that transformation into cosmo-knight... many things become possible.

Yep. the listed powers of the Cosmo Knight OCC.

Of course...being reformed into a Cosmo Knight, the Machine Person would loose all Machine Person powers, so oh well :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Sure they wouldn't! They woudn't become flesh

Wouldn't they? and would they keep the morphing abilities? Who knows what kind of changes the cosmic forge would have to make to give them CK powers?

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”