Ley Line Walkers

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drakinn
Explorer

Ley Line Walkers

Unread post by drakinn »

Can Walkers, Rifters, Shifters, etc. see magic energy flowing from someone if it is not in use. As I understand it Line Walkers can see active magic like from a ward or a caster casting not another caster walking down the street. tell me if I am wrong
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Re: Ley Line Walkers

Unread post by mobuttu »

drakinn wrote:Can Walkers, Rifters, Shifters, etc. see magic energy flowing from someone if it is not in use. As I understand it Line Walkers can see active magic like from a ward or a caster casting not another caster walking down the street. tell me if I am wrong

I think you are wrong. Magic can't be seen (sniffed, yes, by Psy-Stalkers, Psy-Hounds,...). Maybe with "See aura"...
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

I agree with you magic users can't see magic energy save a ley-line at night.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Uh, ley line walkers can see the magical energy. Seriously, I don't have my book butI think it's their first ability
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Prince Artemis wrote:Uh, ley line walkers can see the magical energy. Seriously, I don't have my book butI think it's their first ability

Your right, just it is not auto. You have to try to use it and doesn't work on invisibility superior and it has to be over 20 P.P.E. And it as only a faint aura? So I would say it does gage, just if their is 20 P.P.E. or more
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Check out Machinations of Doom (for those who haven't: Shame). It has a good scene shown through the eyes of a magic seeing beastie (trying not to give spoilers). Basically, its represented like thermal vision. The non-mages the critter is looking at are all black, and the mage in the group is lit up like christmas. Apt interpretation of "seeing" the magic energy in living beings, says I. :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Ley Line Walkers

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

drakinn wrote:Can Walkers, Rifters, Shifters, etc. see magic energy flowing from someone if it is not in use. As I understand it Line Walkers can see active magic like from a ward or a caster casting not another caster walking down the street. tell me if I am wrong

As long as the PPE level meets the minimum level of sensing PPE (see the OCC discription for if they see it or just 'sense' it) they can.

Acording to the RMB, LLWs can See amounts of 20 PPE or more, with in the range limitations. They can also sense active magic beeing cast, even if its not in Line of Sight.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”