Summoning Spells . . . .

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Summoning Spells . . . .

Unread post by Malakai »

So, I was going over the RUE Shifter OCC and it said at the end of the spell list that they get to choose from when they go up every level " . . and any Summoning spell that may be desired, excluding weather summoning."

Now, the question I have is this - what defines a Summoning Spell?

Those that start with Summon [x]? If so, that's limited to animals, entities, Sea Serpents, lesser beings, and shadow beasts

Those that bring forth a creature you control? If so, that broadens it a little bit, but not much. Animate Dead, Create Golem, Create Mummy, Create Zombie, Magic Warrior, Doppleganger, etc

Is it limited to just Invocations? (I ask this becasue, using the tables in DB7, you can summon such things as a Phantom Footman or a Flame Friend)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

You pretty much got it: anything that calls forth some creature of some kind. and yes, ONLY invocations.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Then there's always the possibily of WRITING YOUR OWN SUMMON SPELLS. Don't like what a spell does, modify it. It just takes coming to a common agreement with your GM.

That is why the megaversal spell creation rule in the "Through the Glass Darkly" book were writen, so players and GMs could make their own spells.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”