Cyber-Knight, and psi-sword

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Cyber-Knight, and psi-sword

Unread post by Spark »

I know they have this power already. But could a CK pick up the Super Psionic and in the middle of combat use a whole melee round to create a psi-sword, or add the extra power a psi-sword would do to his current psi-sword?

So lets say he's level 4 and just got the super psionic and he adds it's to his own, would it be fair that his psi-sword does 6D6 damage?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Cyber-Knight, and psi-sword

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Spark wrote:I know they have this power already. But could a CK pick up the Super Psionic and in the middle of combat use a whole melee round to create a psi-sword, or add the extra power a psi-sword would do to his current psi-sword?

So lets say he's level 4 and just got the super psionic and he adds it's to his own, would it be fair that his psi-sword does 6D6 damage?

Yes. Provided he spends the requiset melee.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Misfit KotLD wrote:I'd say choose one or the other with each activation. Either the cheap, instant NERF sword, or the expensive, slow can of whoop ass.

I would also agree with Misfit, but I would put the condition that if they chose to make the SupPSI PSI sword, then they could only make one PSI sword.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The reason most of us are in agreement is that we are saying that 1) the CK has to be able to pick the Super PSI sword to start off with, and 2) you have to follow the Super PSI Sword rules when creating them.

No a CK can not upgrage his exiting CK psi sword damage to a super PSI sword damage. He would have to cancle the CK PSI sword and spend the ISP & Time to create a Super PSI sword.

There is no rule, that I can see inthe books, that prevents a char from having two Super PSI Sword, except having the time and ISP to create them. However, I also see no rule that alows a PSI to create two.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

the description of the neuron beast in the original conversion book it says they can create one for each hand.
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

Tenupate wrote:Answering another part of the original post, when you become 4th lvl and initially select the SuperPsiSword, you're already going to do 6d6 with it. If you had the availability, you could have selected it at 3rd level and it would do 4d6. Then, when you hit 4th lvl, it would inflate to 6d6, and further inflate as you rise in level (per the power).

The reason I say the Super Psi-Sword does 4D6 at level 4 because I have any new ability (save for magic in a campaign) effectivally start at level one. So the character is level four but just got his S Psi-Sword is only does 4D6 damage.

A bit of a handy-cap, but, I think it's odd to do 6D6 damage when you've never used it before. And to my knowledge the only OCCs that give Psi-Sword at level one are, Cyber-Knight(not super) and Psi-Slinger. So having it start off at the same level just kind of doesn't make sense to me, I'm sure some of you will disagree.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

No, it is based on how power the pshyic is. Not how long he has had a power. THough I agree, with you it is over simplified, but that is how it is done.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Plus with the Super PsiSword, don't you have to choose the type of sword it will be when you first make it and its that type forever? I chose a Scholar Sword, but that's cause its what my character already was using and was familiar with. That and I can't think of a sword that works better with Druken Fu. Form the sword then let it slump over as I hiccup and start my drunken stagger, "oh darn, its as limp as I am" then I let loose...

IIRC, in the re-vamp of the Cyber-Knight (tolkeen wars), the psi-sword gets more advanced and the user gets more control over appearance as he gets more experienced.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

With the super PSI Sword, if you are not a Mind Melter/Mind mage, then the sword form is taken from the personality type of the creator and doesn't change after the 1st creation of a blade.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:But I AM playing a mind melter... So what level do you have to be to start mannipulating your psi-sword?

3rd.
I'm just making this up but it sounds reasonable, no? :D
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:But I wasn't able to pick up Super Psi Sword untill third level of mindmelter and I'm two games away from 5th... agian, I'll talk to my GM.

hehe obviously I didnt have the mind melter writeup in front of me (I was thinking they could pick psi-sword at first level).
5th sounds good then, gives the character a little time (two whole levels) to practive with his power. :ok:
Carl

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:But I wasn't able to pick up Super Psi Sword untill third level of mindmelter and I'm two games away from 5th... agian, I'll talk to my GM.

actually, you can cahnge it the moment you first summon it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:I checked with my GM, no a normal psycic can't change the style of the weapon. The CyberKnight is the ONLY class that can change the style and shape of the blade.

Then your GM isn't playing rules as written.

On page 181 of the RUE, The Psi-sword power wrote:Like the Cyber-knight, the Mind Melter can change the shape and even the color of the sword to fit his current mood, but unlike the Knight, he can do so from day one."
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Gravitus Everlast wrote:I checked with my GM, no a normal psycic can't change the style of the weapon. The CyberKnight is the ONLY class that can change the style and shape of the blade.

A mind melter/mage has always been able to change the form/shape/color of the blade. I don't know what your GM is talking about, unless he is talking about a "natural" PSI from HU, or some other non-master PSI that gets to chose a super PSI power.

Rifts Main Book page 126 wrote:Unlike the cyber-knight, the Mind Melter can change the shape and even the color of the sword to fit his current mood.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”