Temporal Spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

clawingwolf
Explorer

Temporal Spells

Unread post by clawingwolf »

Two things, would the Time Warp: Age spell kill a Juicer? since it brings the person to around 100 years old? Though temporary that person is physically 100 for that moment and so i think they would be unable to handle the drugs. Hence die? any thoughts?

Also Has anyone come up with Backwards Time Travel spells?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I would say it wouldn't kill them (they don't go through the intervening years), but it would probably screw them up SEVERELY... the Bio-comp would still be pumping out drugs, and their body isn't quite up to taking it (even as drugged-out supermen, 100 year old bodies are severely weak).

If the duration is long enough, I could see it killing them via overdose, but I'd allow a pretty good save against that, or make it a "you got away with it once, but don't expect it to work every time" trick.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Personlly, I believe no. The spells makes someone near the max age. In case of the juicer it is 5-6 years after being juicer. After being juiced up they are not normal humans for age they are juicers.
Library Ogre

Mouser13 wrote:Personlly, I believe no. The spells makes someone near the max age. In case of the juicer it is 5-6 years after being juicer. After being juiced up they are not normal humans for age they are juicers.

They still age as humans, though; juicer isn't a separate type of being, just a screwed up human. Their body still ages as a human... it's just taking a whole heck of a lot damage from the drugs in the meantime.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

No, they don't age normally they age 10 years for every one as a juicer. Tell us they have differ ageing process and max age of a juicers is +6 years or so indepent of the orginal age. So they would age to max of the juicer.
Library Ogre

Mouser13 wrote:No, they don't age normally they age 10 years for every one as a juicer. Tell us they have differ ageing process and max age of a juicers is +6 years or so indepent of the orginal age. So they would age to max of the juicer.

Their bodies have taken the equivalent damage to 10 years for every year as a juicer IF they detox. That doesn't mean that they have a separate type of aging... their "race" is human (or whatever).

All Palladium Articles
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Since the spell take a character to his maximum age, it would add 5 to 6 years to a juicer. He will survive, but he will be weakened during that spell or go through the end stadium of being a juicer.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”