Ways to have highest possible PPE base

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Crazy Lou
Hero

Ways to have highest possible PPE base

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

I was just wondering how to get a PPE base of about 1200 or more (1500+ would be much better) in a practitioner of magic. Stuff I already have: H2H samurai, ninjutsu, or aikido with the PPE x2 thing at specific levels, the "PPE bonus" given by Sohei Warrior Monk class, and shifter god of magic PPE bonus. I don't want to use witchcraft gift of union, so don't mention that please. Also, stuff like elementals, dragons, or demon lords, or gods as characters obviously don't count either. Race options for what I'm looking for: either Godling, or (preferrably) any mortal race.

Thanks!
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Don't count out a Gift of Power, actually. I know you were trying to avoid a Gift of Union, but the bonus PPE from a Gift of Power is VERY attractive to a Man of Magic.

Other than that, I believe there are some races in D-bees of North America, or the Land of the Damned books who have good PPE scores.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

You can be a demon dragonmage. they get a crapload when they attach a dragons head.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Crazy Lou
Hero

Mark Hall wrote:Don't count out a Gift of Power, actually. I know you were trying to avoid a Gift of Union, but the bonus PPE from a Gift of Power is VERY attractive to a Man of Magic.

Other than that, I believe there are some races in D-bees of North America, or the Land of the Damned books who have good PPE scores.

Actually I was trying to avoid Witchery altogether, but thanks, since I wasn't quite specific about that.

The other stuff is helpful too guys.

One thing though, a spatial mage can't be a cosmo knight too w/o losing his powers, right?

Any particular races (besides Demon Dragon Mage, which I was generally grouping w/ dragons & demon lords -- since once they get a dragon head they're of roughly equivalent overall power, etc) that stick out as having especially high PPE bases (above 2D4x10 at least?)
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Alchamist immortal mage they tend to be 15th level to start out with. If given a H2H that doubles the char PPE a few times, then you'll have a PPE base that will let you actully use those 1000 PPE spells. After meditating on a LL/LLN for a bit.

Or if you wanted it @ L1, a mystic study with the sorsorus proficency great magical power (extra PPE) and the sub minor power #63 (extra PPE)....hummm ...too sleepy to finish night.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Crazy Lou
Hero

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Alchamist immortal mage they tend to be 15th level to start out with. If given a H2H that doubles the char PPE a few times, then you'll have a PPE base that will let you actully use those 1000 PPE spells. After meditating on a LL/LLN for a bit.

Or if you wanted it @ L1, a mystic study with the sorsorus proficency great magical power (extra PPE) and the sub minor power #63 (extra PPE)....hummm ...too sleepy to finish night.

1st paragraph: Do you mean enlightened immortal???

2nd Paragraph: what books do you mean here? Where is this comming from?

Library Ogre

Crazy Lou wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Alchamist immortal mage they tend to be 15th level to start out with. If given a H2H that doubles the char PPE a few times, then you'll have a PPE base that will let you actully use those 1000 PPE spells. After meditating on a LL/LLN for a bit.

2nd Paragraph: what books do you mean here? Where is this comming from?

Well, the Mystic Study is from Heroes Unlimited, the Sorcerous Proficiency rules are in Through the Glass Darkly, and the last is likely from one of the Powers Unlimited books.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Crazy Lou wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Don't count out a Gift of Power, actually. I know you were trying to avoid a Gift of Union, but the bonus PPE from a Gift of Power is VERY attractive to a Man of Magic.

Actually I was trying to avoid Witchery altogether, but thanks, since I wasn't quite specific about that.

The other stuff is helpful too guys.

One thing though, a spatial mage can't be a cosmo knight too w/o losing his powers, right?

Correct. becoming a cosmo knight wipes out everything you were before you become one except your appearance. EVERYTHING.

Any particular races (besides Demon Dragon Mage, which I was generally grouping w/ dragons & demon lords -- since once they get a dragon head they're of roughly equivalent overall power, etc) that stick out as having especially high PPE bases (above 2D4x10 at least?)

Lesse...demondragonmages start out with 1d4*100+ bonuses to PPE to start at first level....so....yea :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Isn't Their a shadow humoid race in one of the phase world books that gets like 1D4X100 P.P.E.?
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Mouser13 wrote:Isn't Their a shadow humoid race in one of the phase world books that gets like 1D4X100 P.P.E.?

phase world. its they shades...i think. but only limited spellcasting abilities. like a mystic or warlock.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:A agent of nxlaw, the harvester (psyscape; beginning of the book)are taught the ritual to consume the souls of other mages gaining their PPE base and Some magical spell knowledge.

Yes, but they are N.P.C. only in the book. Though I have let players play them before in some more munckin campaigns. (Oh I leaked the information that Fieres(little people spelling bad from england book) have like 1D4X100 P.P.E. and you can by them for like 400,000 in atlanis bio-wizard weapons.)

So 2 souls at 1D4X100 per level sounds good to me.

That is if you want base. I prefer 40 P.P.E. every two actions.
5th level air warlock(Evil) can have a 5th level spell that allows them to summon a air elemental. With like 100 P.P.E.. SO 100 * .7(being your friend he will give it up) = 70-30 for cost = 40. Some like 40. Though this is very bad and very munckin, but since you are looking for most P.P.E. and in 1200-1500 range.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The Kildred of Land of the Damned get +3D6x10 in addition to whatever OCC they choose. The Silhouette of Phase World have a base of 1D4x100.
There are other ways to gain PPE that have yet to be mentioned.

You could take the symbiotic route - a Psymbiote of Psyscape would add an additional 1D4x10+PE.
One of the optional rules of Rifter 30 includes a new martial art for magic users that periodically adds additional PPE.
Also getting one's hands on one of those Rings of Elder from Coalition Wars 1 could count. It doesn't actually increase your PPE base but it halves all PPE expended which is relatively the same as doubling your PPE.
Crazy Lou
Hero

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:A agent of nxlaw, the harvester (psyscape; beginning of the book)are taught the ritual to consume the souls of other mages gaining their PPE base and Some magical spell knowledge.

OH YEAH...... I knew I was missing a biggie!

Also, where are Kildred of Land of the Damned (that is a race right?), and are they mortal (SDC)?

Note: I my goal was base increase (for expenditure as a spatial mage), and still have enough to cast a lot besides. Despite this, a lot of the other non base increases (Rings of Elder, ie) have been a great help too.

Also, do Rings of Elder compound effects (if you have 2, it quarters PPE expended?)

Giant2005
Knight

Crazy Lou wrote:Also, where are Kildred of Land of the Damned (that is a race right?), and are they mortal (SDC)?

They are from "Land of the Damned 1: Chaos Lands" which is a PF book. I'm not sure whether or not they are SDC on Rifts Earth... Their lifespan is 300 years and their physical attributes are exactly the same as a human (they do have a slightly higher base HP and SDC and an AR of 7 though). Personally, I think they would remain SDC in an MD environment but the fact that they Bio-Regenerate faster than a Dragon and are vulnerable to Rune weapons leaves that in question.

Crazy Lou wrote:Also, do Rings of Elder compound effects (if you have 2, it quarters PPE expended?)

I'd say yes but considering there are only a few in existence, getting your hands on one of these is an extremely unlikely event. Getting your hands on multiple rings is very near impossible.
Giant2005
Knight

Double post.
Last edited by Giant2005 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Giant2005 wrote:Also getting one's hands on one of those Rings of Elder from Coalition Wars 1 could count. It doesn't actually increase your PPE base but it halves all PPE expended which is relatively the same as doubling your PPE.

But the ring Defective, buy the ring only in alantis for 1 million credits plus cost of jeweler to make into a ring. (You can by finish works in alantis though they are rare it says and no price is given). Though the ore gets a price of 1 million credits and is illegal.

The part ring of rings of elder normally would do all of the rings of elder functions. The gem stone is normally a P.P.E. battery.
So who ever made the rings of elder made them defective and for some reason the gem stone doesn't do anything.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Crazy Lou wrote:Also, do Rings of Elder compound effects (if you have 2, it quarters PPE expended?)

I don't know if this is true the text says yes, but Rifts book of magic says x2 x2 is x3. So I don't know if it would be true.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Crazy Lou wrote:

Mystic China... one of the false paths of immortality.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Crazy Lou
Hero

Mouser13 wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:Also getting one's hands on one of those Rings of Elder from Coalition Wars 1 could count. It doesn't actually increase your PPE base but it halves all PPE expended which is relatively the same as doubling your PPE.

But the ring Defective, buy the ring only in alantis for 1 million credits plus cost of jeweler to make into a ring. (You can by finish works in alantis though they are rare it says and no price is given). Though the ore gets a price of 1 million credits and is illegal.

The part ring of rings of elder normally would do all of the rings of elder functions. The gem stone is normally a P.P.E. battery.
So who ever made the rings of elder made them defective and for some reason the gem stone doesn't do anything.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you just said. Could you please restate more clearly?

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
Mouser13 wrote:Isn't Their a shadow humoid race in one of the phase world books that gets like 1D4X100 P.P.E.?

phase world. its they shades...i think. but only limited spellcasting abilities. like a mystic or warlock.
Silhouettes
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

The ring is made out of a mineral called gentrium(spelling). The gentrium is what gives half P.P.E. for spells in the ring of elder. In rings of elder the gemstone called xantium(spelling is bad)(not used in the ring) is normally a P.P.E. battery or talisman, but the ring doesn't give any effects for the gemstone.

Also you can get raw gentrium(spelling) ore in Atlantis for 1 millions credits per ounce. (Don't know how much is need for a ring wouldn't think much more then a ounce or two). Though it is very illegal even in Atlantis people are killed if found with it.
Though it goes on to say you can sometimes find finished items in Atlantis though no prices are given and they are legal.

PFRPG® Book 13: Northern Hinterlands™ believe is the book that goes into what special mineral can do including all the parts of the ring of elder (only parts). Though it is like only two pages and not very informitive on gemstone.

Sorry for my bad writing. I hope this improvement.

I try to remember to get page # this friday when I'm near my books.
Crazy Lou
Hero

Mouser13 wrote:The ring is made out of a mineral called gentrium(spelling). The gentrium is what gives half P.P.E. for spells in the ring of elder. In rings of elder the gemstone called xantium(spelling is bad)(not used in the ring) is normally a P.P.E. battery or talisman, but the ring doesn't give any effects for the gemstone.

Also you can get raw gentrium(spelling) ore in Atlantis for 1 millions credits per ounce. (Don't know how much is need for a ring wouldn't think much more then a ounce or two). Though it is very illegal even in Atlantis people are killed if found with it.
Though it goes on to say you can sometimes find finished items in Atlantis though no prices are given and they are legal.

PFRPG® Book 13: Northern Hinterlands™ believe is the book that goes into what special mineral can do including all the parts of the ring of elder (only parts). Though it is like only two pages and not very informitive on gemstone.

Sorry for my bad writing. I hope this improvement.

Yes, that's a tremendous improvement. Thanks also for the info, it was most imformative.

One question though, why is the ore illegal? What makes it so bad?

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Didn't really say I think just they want to control what is made with it. Since the metal impervious to harm when forged in magical fire. if they make all the items they can control the market with it.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:where does it say this

WHich part.

Sorry if you malking all item, it should have been majority they control 3 of like 5 planets with the stuff.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mouser13 wrote:PFRPG® Book 13: Northern Hinterlands™

I try to remember to get page # this friday when I'm near my books.

Also, note altanis makes new/produce rune weapons.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Also have you tried simply amassing a bunch of PPE batteries? True it doesn't give you a higher PPE BASE... but it does give you alot of PPE for the long haul. Sadly it will be difficult to bust out with those THOUSAND POINT SPELLS, but you'll be able to cast your hundred point spells all day. Also through martial arts, you can get a high chi regeneration rate and then convert it into ISP then into PPE... though that's costly.

And another thing, about those elder rings... inventing and making your own items is always more fun and often more effective.

I think he wanted to stay with spatial mage. So he can't have talisman spell.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Also have you tried simply amassing a bunch of PPE batteries? True it doesn't give you a higher PPE BASE... but it does give you alot of PPE for the long haul. Sadly it will be difficult to bust out with those THOUSAND POINT SPELLS, but you'll be able to cast your hundred point spells all day. Also through martial arts, you can get a high chi regeneration rate and then convert it into ISP then into PPE... though that's costly.

And another thing, about those elder rings... inventing and making your own items is always more fun and often more effective.

I have a mage char that regullerly use PPE storage spells to back up the char's normal PPE base. While the char's base PPE is 157, the char's apparent PPE ranges from 1200 and upward. Partly because of the Char's habbit of milking the inhabitents of the city the char is in regulerly...like when ever seeing a new person. A bit here a bit there, and there,and there,and there,and there,and there,and there,and there,...... :D
Crazy Lou
Hero

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

I have a mage char that regullerly use PPE storage spells to back up the char's normal PPE base. While the char's base PPE is 157, the char's apparent PPE ranges from 1200 and upward. Partly because of the Char's habbit of milking the inhabitents of the city the char is in regulerly...like when ever seeing a new person. A bit here a bit there, and there,and there,and there,and there,and there,and there,and there,...... :D

uh... that's not how it works, the person must willingly and knowingly allow part of his PPE to be taken. Otherwise mages would steal each others PPE every other action...

Crazy Lou
Hero

Mouser13 wrote:

I think he wanted to stay with spatial mage. So he can't have talisman spell.

correct, i was trying to stay w/ spatial mage, but I could (in my own personal case) actually have talisman if I wanted (but energy sphere is about a billion times better so.... whatever). This is because while the spatial mage is barred from such spells, one of the very very few things in all of canon which I ignore is the fact that you can't dual-class.

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

The alantis stuff Coalition Wars Rifts: Seige on Tolkeen - chapter One page #47 near the bottom. Don't know if makes a difference mine is Second printing.

They control 2 planets not 3. And I don't know where I got only 5 planets.

Mouser13 wrote:PFRPG® Book 13: Northern Hinterlands™ believe is the book that goes into what special mineral can do including all the parts of the ring of elder (only parts). Though it is like only two pages and not very informitive on gemstone.

pg #56 tells about the ring and the gemstone it is more informative then I remember. 20 P.P.E. per caract. Also the two pages is half a page.
Library Ogre

Crazy Lou wrote:uh... that's not how it works, the person must willingly and knowingly allow part of his PPE to be taken. Otherwise mages would steal each others PPE every other action...

Not quite. Prior to the RUE, you could draw on non-opponents PPE without their knowledge, just by being near them. You didn't get much, just 1D4 PPE, but it was a useful way to fill up while whiling away the hours in a cafe. There was also an area affecting version, which would do 1 person per level in a 10' radius.

You could never draw upon an unwilling Man of Magic's PPE, however.

All Palladium Articles
Crazy Lou
Hero

Mark Hall wrote:
Crazy Lou wrote:uh... that's not how it works, the person must willingly and knowingly allow part of his PPE to be taken. Otherwise mages would steal each others PPE every other action...

Not quite. Prior to the RUE, you could draw on non-opponents PPE without their knowledge, just by being near them. You didn't get much, just 1D4 PPE, but it was a useful way to fill up while whiling away the hours in a cafe. There was also an area affecting version, which would do 1 person per level in a 10' radius.

You could never draw upon an unwilling Man of Magic's PPE, however.

My bad, it's just that he said "have" which I took to mean that it's still doing that now, after RUE's been out for a few years. I guess that if their campaign just never transitioned it, then the "have" would make sense now too. I also thought he meant he took something like 1/2 or more of their PPE like that too.

Additionally, and this is just a curiosity: how exactly did your mage manage to store 1200+ PPE, drewkitty?

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Crazy Lou wrote:snip....

Additionally, and this is just a curiosity: how exactly did your mage manage to store 1200+ PPE, drewkitty?

You almost hit it on the nose with mentioning the Energy Sphere spell. My char made a varient of that spell that stores twice as much per level and renews its-self from the energy stored in it. (Used the spell creation rulles in Through the Glass Darkly to make it.) The sphere is as big as the char wants it and its movement is tied to the char's movments.....so the char also uses them as fashion accessories. Yep multiple spells storing power, and the power only diminishes over time, not released all at once at the end of the stated spell duration.
Crazy Lou
Hero

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Crazy Lou wrote:snip....

You almost hit it on the nose with mentioning the Energy Sphere spell. My char made a varient of that spell that stores twice as much per level and renews its-self from the energy stored in it. (Used the spell creation rulles in Through the Glass Darkly to make it.) The sphere is as big as the char wants it and its movement is tied to the char's movments.....so the char also uses them as fashion accessories. Yep multiple spells storing power, and the power only diminishes over time, not released all at once at the end of the stated spell duration.

Could you post what you came up w/ or PM me w/ that? While it's not PPE base, that could help in some other ways.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Crazy Lou wrote:
Could you post what you came up w/ or PM me w/ that? While it's not PPE base, that could help in some other ways.

Yep it does.....no more having to remember to cast and trasfer power from the old enegry sphere to another......esspecilly if you don't have energy spher in your spell lists.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

theirs also the mother frame implant, I belive it also gives a PPE bonus
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Drakenred®™© wrote:theirs also the mother frame implant, I belive it also gives a PPE bonus
my bad its suposed to be a ISP source, but theirs no reason for a variant to not also give PPE
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

which (come to think of It,) Is kind of what I did when I created the Tower. let me see If I can find the notes back.
冠双
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Though this is very munckin I don't know if any GM would allow. Since you are going to be mage with 4th Demensional Transformation you can use it and if minor pshyic with restore P.P.E. you will gain P.P.E with it. Don't spac mage don't have the perm side effects do they? I can't remember their is something differ about them.
Crazy Lou
Hero

Mouser13 wrote:Though this is very munckin I don't know if any GM would allow. Since you are going to be mage with 4th Demensional Transformation you can use it and if minor pshyic with restore P.P.E. you will gain P.P.E with it. Don't spac mage don't have the perm side effects do they? I can't remember their is something differ about them.

The permenant side effects are just less likely to occur to a spatial mage, but the still can. There are way way way easier ways to replenish you ppe and "supercharge" it than to risk permenant 4-D transform effects hundreds or thousands of times over the course of your life.

I definately think a GM would allow that though, because eventually over the course of a campaign you'd wind up with every insanity the spell indicates, and then probably the GM would rule that you start picking up random insantities, to the point where eventually the char's so completely insane that it's unplayable.

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Though their was I way to avoid the perm side effects. Can you remind me what the condition for getting one with spactial mage.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

From Kitsune. Not canon but cool no less.

Full Conversion: P.S.: 30 (Supernatural), P.P.: 24, Spd: 132. 280 MDC Main Body, costs 9,584,000 Credits

P.P.E. Batteries:
Because of the loss of P.P.E with full and partial conversion cybernetics, P.P.E. Batteries have been developed to replace the lost magical energy sources. These P.P.E. batteries can be used to power both spell casting and each Battery can store up to 35 P.P.E. and regenerates at the rate of 2 P.P.E. per hour normally, 10 P.P.E. per hour at a ley line, and 20 P.P.E. per hour at a nexus point.
Cost: 100,000 per battery...

x 100 batteries = 10 million credits

Thats a 3500 PPE base that regenerates at 200 PPE per hour or 1000 at a LL or 2000 at a LL nexus! :eek:

Full magical senses, permanently active: 570,000 credits

Magical Crystalline Cyborg Armor:
MDC: 150 (Armor of Ithan and 100 P.P.E. will restore all M.D.C.
Cost: 500,000 Credits

Sure it cost you about 22 million credits, but hey you have a pimped out borg body and can cast spells like mad not to mention if you have the cash (and if your the GM you know you do) attach a couple of battle fury blades, cast fleet feet and proceed to mince thy enemy to itty bitty pieces.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Crazy Lou wrote:

Also, where are Kildred of Land of the Damned (that is a race right?), and are they mortal (SDC)?

Note: I my goal was base increase (for expenditure as a spatial mage), and still have enough to cast a lot besides. Despite this, a lot of the other non base increases (Rings of Elder, ie) have been a great help too.

Also, do Rings of Elder compound effects (if you have 2, it quarters PPE expended?)

Nope sorry, it's canon that you can never go below 1/3 ppe cost....but you can ignore cannon. or go to half ppe and double duration range and dmg for the spell. it depends on your style and how nice your GM is.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Crazy Lou wrote:

Nope sorry, it's canon that you can never go below 1/3 ppe cost....but you can ignore cannon. or go to half ppe and double duration range and dmg for the spell. it depends on your style and how nice your GM is.

can you give page#
Giant2005
Knight

Mouser13 wrote:
Crazy Lou wrote:

can you give page#

I'm not sure there is a page number to support that statement but there is surely one to discount it. However I am not going to bother looking up the page for you :wink: , in Coalition Wars one under the description of the Rings of Elder it gives an example of a Shifter paying only 1/4 of the spell Annihalate's PPE cost.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Giant2005 wrote:
Mouser13 wrote:
Crazy Lou wrote:

can you give page#

I'm not sure there is a page number to support that statement but there is surely one to discount it. However I am not going to bother looking up the page for you :wink: , in Coalition Wars one under the description of the Rings of Elder it gives an example of a Shifter paying only 1/4 of the spell Annihalate's PPE cost.

That is what I was thinking.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

my mistake :cry: it does say that. but i was sure in another book it said never below 1/3. i am most likely wrong but palladium does have sveral cases of conflicting statements.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

THough I know many do not like the old faq questions. On the purchase of slaves, you could use them to make the demenisional realm.

14. Can PPE absorbed from talismans, blood sacrifice, etc. be used in the creation of a Dimensional Realm?
Answer: Yes

old F.A.Q.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Last Darkness wrote:I prefer a PPE/ISP-less games
Ive ran games where its more like the PPE channeling rules in that you get only so much PPE to use per turn based on your level.
I had to impliment this so that people actualy survived in my game since asingle battle with bandits often exhausted all the mages and psychics powers waylaying the game for days while they recover or just being killed by guy who wait for them to run out of ppe then kill them.
Mages and Psychics even when played correctly are sadly the weakest characters in the game pure stats and damage wise. Sure theres all that variety but a 12 year old with wp energy rifle a standard energy rifle and around 4 eclips is better to have in a fight alot. Unless you wannna play pure support characters who dont fight.
Theres so many arguments around about this but its a plain fact that palladium has a bad magic system.

Well, I agree damage they are the weakest, but disable is where they rock. magic net, blind, blinding flash, carpet of adhesion all great spells to cheap disable a person or persons. If you are have problem with people running out of P.P.AE. they must be playing them wrong. Personally my problem with mages is getting to much money with magic net a person and kill them you get all their gear which for bandits may not be much for CS soldiers it is alot.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”