TW Question

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Crazy Lou
Hero

TW Question

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

Can Techno-Wizardry be combined with other forms of magic? I realize that you can use other spells besides standard invocations (ie I could use a necromantic spell in a TW device if I wanted), but could something like Diabolism be incorperated too?

Example: Could I create a TW gun which shot bolts of Soultwist, but that combined the Diabolist element of a permenance ward, thus resulting in a permenant soultwist gun?
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: TW Question

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Crazy Lou wrote:Can Techno-Wizardry be combined with other forms of magic? I realize that you can use other spells besides standard invocations (ie I could use a necromantic spell in a TW device if I wanted), but could something like Diabolism be incorperated too?

Example: Could I create a TW gun which shot bolts of Soultwist, but that combined the Diabolist element of a permenance ward, thus resulting in a permenant soultwist gun?

Not really.

TW is essentially a way of making a physical component for Wizard magic (as opposed to Warlock spells, Diabolism, etc). Using TW, you can alter some of the properties of a spell (essentially creating a new spell, only castable through this item), but it doesn't play well with other magics.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "permanent soultwist gun", but to do something like that, you would likely need a Rifts-born alchemist, whose Wizard-equivalent OCC was Techno-wizard.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I don't see how you can make tech wizardry work with wards and circles and such.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Library Ogre

asajosh wrote:I don't see how you can make tech wizardry work with wards and circles and such.

I can think of a few options. Think of an Energy ward set up for a device; as soon as the ward is triggered, the Energy ward goes off, providing power for a certain device. Because wards are very cheap to empower, you can set up something to go off any time someone disturbs a very small object (a switch) and pumps in a very small amount of PPE... IF you can get TW and Diabolism to work together, which I would say would require an Alchemist.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Crazy Lou
Hero

Where can I find the Alchemist OCC?
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

Library Ogre

In PFRPG, in outline form. A bit more is included in the manuscript for Mysteries of Magic.

All Palladium Articles
Library Ogre

Gravitus Everlast wrote:This may be for that other TW discussion, but, I can see making a TW lazer pointer/sharpie for drawing wards and circles... like those lazer pointers that have the tips that say stuff like happy birthday or pictures of sad puppies and happy kittens... or a no smoking sign...

How would you get it to create them in gold, silver, mercury, the corpses of small insects, the blood of animals, etc?

All Palladium Articles
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

...Conjuring...?

:lol:
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Crazy Lou
Hero

Thanks guys, you've been a great help.

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Zuari wrote:In the TW Construction rule out of the Ultimate edition it only list the following Non invocation spell magic as being able to be constructed into TW items: Biomancy, Cloud magic, Elemental air//fire/earth /or water magics, Living fire, Nature magic, Necromancy, Ocean magic, Spoiling magic, or Temporal magic. Note it did not list wards (Diabolism,) or circles (summoning) so I do not think I make TW item base on those two arts.

I KNEW I didn't see a TW Ley Line Drawing Sharpie for a good reason, TY for the research! :D
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:ok here comes the bomb. Someone that knows Diobalism and techno wizardry might unlock the secrets of Rune Magic. :D :?

Read under Lizard Mage RCC in conversion book.

Wow, good research!
That is a pretty big might, however (GMs discression) :)
Carl

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If the TW parters up with another magic user he can make TW stuff with spells he doesn't have. This has been a part of the rules sence the RMB was published.....if not sence then sence RWB:2.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If the TW parters up with another magic user he can make TW stuff with spells he doesn't have. This has been a part of the rules sence the RMB was published.....if not sence then sence RWB:2.

Emphasis added.

All Palladium Articles
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Mark Hall wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If the TW parters up with another magic user he can make TW stuff with spells he doesn't have. This has been a part of the rules sence the RMB was published.....if not sence then sence RWB:2.

Emphasis added.

Yes, spells adding not circles or magic item forging.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”