How do you figure damage fro multi-classed casters?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: How do you figure damage fro multi-classed casters?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Zuari wrote:Look at the alchemist class make me wonder, if some has more than one level of two different caster OCC does it effect the level of their spells are cast at.
i.e. I am a 3rd level shifter and 2nd level necromancer that cast fire ball, which is 1d4 MD per level, so is that 5d4, or the highest level 3d4, or the class I am currently increasing in necromancer because I re-classed so 2d4 ?

it's whatever class you know the spell as. if you have the same spell in two classes, the highest.

For instances, your fire ball would use your Shifter spell level, but your Hide Among Dead would use your Necromancer spell level.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:GODDAMMIT WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN TO SPELL AND CORRECT YOUR GRAMMAR!?!?!?!

What GAMRAMR and SELPL I here keeps hearing about.

Just adding it is highest of class that could cast the spell. Not, which one learn it(At couple times that came into issue).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Zuari wrote:Look at the alchemist class make me wonder, if some has more than one level of two different caster OCC does it effect the level of their spells are cast at.
i.e. I am a 3rd level shifter and 2nd level necromancer that cast fire ball, which is 1d4 MD per level, so is that 5d4, or the highest level 3d4, or the class I am currently increasing in necromancer because I re-classed so 2d4 ?

Which Class did your char get fireball in?

If your char got the fireball spell as a Shfter, and then changed to the nerco, your fire ball spell level is frozen at 3rd.

No, you do not combine spell level from two classes ever.

And Gravitus Everlast, will you refrain from using such vugality, this is a public space and you will (have) offend christens who read these forums.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

It would be 3D4. When your necro gets 4 level you could pay double(per necro) to get it do 4D4.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

The alchemist is a special case, in many ways. First of all, it does not have two different caster OCCs. It has 3 different magic OCCs, each which use completely different types of magic. Diabolists don't cast spells or use circles (effectively); Summoners don't cast spells or use wards. Wizards don't use wards or circles (save by creating spells which mimic them, which isn't the same).

Alchemists use and combine all three.

To your actual question, you use whichever is best for the spell you are casting.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

:oops:

i always assumed that Alchemist's were .. an NPC class

my bad .. maybe i should take a look at that now? .. just in case.

Ziya could very well almost be an Alchemist apprentice, without trying to be one. she makes magic potions and can create magic weapons and armour .. so who knows. anything is possible.
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Alchemists are an NPC class, but GMs need to know what they can do, so they can adequately use NPCs, no?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

dracolych wrote:Have actually had someone play up to an Alchemist. Granted, he was a bit of a Santa, but still, that was years of play.

There was also a guy on the boards who made a Journeyman Alchemist OCC. Don't remember who off the top of my head, though. Saw it a year and a half ago. Ask Nekira Sudacne, since I think she was part of that group.

Aye, I was. It's basically a partial where you know some wards, some circles, some spells and can make potions and enchantments at starting pretty low precentages, then you work your way up learning more. It gives varaity at the cost of doing nothing epsecially well at first.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”