mystic knight ability to block a LL

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

mystic knight ability to block a LL

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Is the 50 foot length, (@ L1) 25' on each side or 50' on each side?
Can it be 50' in one dierction?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

it's a 50 foot radius. meaning 50 feet in any direction.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Something else....

It says they can draw twice as much as other mage.

does this mean twice the rate at which others can draw or is their can they over charge 6 times thier base PPE?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I'd say twice as much per round; 6 times their base is pretty massive.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Something else....

It says they can draw twice as much as other mage.

does this mean twice the rate at which others can draw or is their can they over charge 6 times thier base PPE?

Twice as much.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I re-read the section and have come up with that they can draw double the rate as other mages can. Not double the total that can be drawn. Will hear debate about why it should be doubl the overcharge. or both.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I re-read the section and have come up with that they can draw double the rate as other mages can. Not double the total that can be drawn. Will hear debate about why it should be doubl the overcharge. or both.

You won't hear it from me, because I agree with you.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Personlly I don't care which way though I'm sure it is just amount each melee round.

Mainlly when the book 16 was written the rules where only at different times and so much more per hour(1/2 but). Know with the new rules I would almost declare this ability null and void, but maybe now someone will use it.

I have had 10-15 msytic knights P.C. and not one has ever used this ability. No one not even once to just try it out.

Never says they can hold 2 time has much P.P.E.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:This is probly one of he most powerful abilities of the Mystic Knight, able to disrupt rituals/negate a mages ability to utilise a Ley Line (I would go as far as to say that at level 7 they would not allow a mage to get the basic doubling bonus from being next to a ley line) and can cause some major havoc when you consider the ammount of PPE the mystic knight can draw if combating two or three mages on the ley line.

The only problem is the mystic knight dosn't get acess to higher level spells that require large ammounts of PPE to cast.

Simply being able to deny others access to that PPE certainly has its uses though.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:This is probly one of he most powerful abilities of the Mystic Knight, able to disrupt rituals/negate a mages ability to utilise a Ley Line (I would go as far as to say that at level 7 they would not allow a mage to get the basic doubling bonus from being next to a ley line) and can cause some major havoc when you consider the ammount of PPE the mystic knight can draw if combating two or three mages on the ley line.

The only problem is the mystic knight dosn't get acess to higher level spells that require large ammounts of PPE to cast.

I know I was just saying none of my players used it. It is nice for some reason I think maybe because it is a ability you don't use often they never used it
drakinn
Explorer

I agree

Unread post by drakinn »

It is one of their best weapons against a fellow magic user. the double draws a question for me. Is it double what a walker and rifter can draw 20 PPE per melee or a regular magic user 10 PPE
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Sence the LLW is the "reguler" type of mage in rifts, double what they can draw, so 40 PPE per melee. Though I don't see that ability in my RMB under the LLW OCC.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Sence the LLW is the "reguler" type of mage in rifts, double what they can draw, so 40 PPE per melee. Though I don't see that ability in my RMB under the LLW OCC.

Their ability to draw is already doubled

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Well even if the MKs draw the same double that LLWs do, the MKs can still strip the LLWs of most of the peak PPE draws....

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”