Enchant Weapon (major)?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Enchant Weapon (major)?

Unread post by Grell »

There is the enchant weapon (minor) invocation as a level 15 spell in the BoM. My question is, has there ever been an enchant weapon (major) spell published and, if so, what book is it in? :?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Enchant Weapon (major)?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Morrowcale wrote:There is the enchant weapon (minor) invocation as a level 15 spell in the BoM. My question is, has there ever been an enchant weapon (major) spell published and, if so, what book is it in? :?

The implication being Invocationalists are incabable of making anything more than a minor enchantment. Permant enchantments are generally the Alchmist OCC Only.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Got'cha! I take that as a NO on a major version of enchant weapon ever being published. I guess Rune/Holy weapon making is the next higher option. Thanks!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Re: Enchant Weapon (major)?

Unread post by JTwig »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Morrowcale wrote:There is the enchant weapon (minor) invocation as a level 15 spell in the BoM. My question is, has there ever been an enchant weapon (major) spell published and, if so, what book is it in? :?

The implication being Invocationalists are incabable of making anything more than a minor enchantment. Permant enchantments are generally the Alchmist OCC Only.

Actually the spell can be made permeant, at least in FoM 1st printing, but I agree that this is the extent of Invocation enchantment. Anything else must be done through a special O.C.C., such as you pointed out with the Alchemist.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

The major spell was published in a rifter with the Weapon Mage OCC. While it is the rifter, the spell certainly fits in with most rifts spells of legend so I would rule it cannon.
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Prince Artemis wrote:The major spell was published in a rifter with the Weapon Mage OCC. While it is the rifter, the spell certainly fits in with most rifts spells of legend so I would rule it cannon.

What rifter issue was that from?

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Prince Artemis wrote:The major spell was published in a rifter with the Weapon Mage OCC. While it is the rifter, the spell certainly fits in with most rifts spells of legend so I would rule it cannon.

To be fair, it can't be cannon without the seal on it, but it can be useable ;)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

To be fair, it can't be cannon without the seal on it, but it can be useable ;)

To be extremely fair, neither can be cannon since it doesn't take any gun-powder or fire a projectile, but they can be canon. :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The enchant weapon minor found in the RoB is a varient of the Enchant weapon spells found in the NightSpwan/Bane main book. I would rather have the NS spells, they cost less PPE.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I'd rather just use the Enchanted Weapon from HU2 to be honest :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Yeah, I would too, but I was wanting more options for your basic magical weapon than automatically having to default to Rune or TW. :-D

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Morrowcale wrote:Yeah, I would too, but I was wanting more options for your basic magical weapon than automatically having to default to Rune or TW. :-D

No no no...
Ignore Rune Weapons and TW weapons.

Use the Enchanted Weapons from HU2 instead. They are much better.
Take a look in the Heroes Unlimited board or Nightbane board for my MEGA - Enchanted Weapon Bearer ... :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Morrowcale wrote:Yeah, I would too, but I was wanting more options for your basic magical weapon than automatically having to default to Rune or TW. :-D

The basic magical weapon options are found in the PF2 Main Book page 249.

The Weapons of Order and Chaos in HU are the equivelent to rune or Holy weapons. Even with them equivelent to Rune and Holy weapons, the HU Weapons of order and chaos are closer in form to the NightBane's Artifact Weapons.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

i have a 'net OCC' ... something that is totally frowned on .. but I did not make the class or the spells that the occ is capable of using .. but let us say that hte OCC CAN and does make enchanted weapons and armour .. IF they figure its worthwhile to protect hearth and home.

the class is always female .. and its taught to a select few that SEEM to have the brains to understand whats needed.

to date .. i know only one other person that ever ran one on the Digi chatrooms ..

must be something called 'its NOT BOOK LEGAL .. so its NOT allowed' .. that saying has soooo many people buffaloed its not even funny. PM me if yer interested in knowing more about the class or the spell ..

oh .. and that was for Marrowcale .. i'll respond to his interest first .. and then to the others 8)
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Thanks for the offer, Shiv-a. But I was only asking whether or not a Enchant Weapon Major spell was ever published. I've got my own homebrews and I was wondering if there was a better version in print.

Still, I'll PM you for the details. I'm always interested to see what my fellow gamers come up with! :-D

shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

heh .. cool

*shrugs and wanders away again*
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

Actually, I'd be interested if anyone has actually worked up rules for an Alchemist O.C.C. and rules for creating all the goodies that they do. If anyone has got anything, please share!
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

Morrowcale wrote:

What rifter issue was that from?

Rifter #23

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”