Combining Concepts: Mark Hall and Jason Richards

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'm trying to remember when I wrote those; I want to say 1997. When we playtested them, they wound up being incredibly unbalancing when combined... a person with one is fine, but with two is able to ignore magic.

If I were to combine them, I would set the PPE/action/level based on which type of combat you have; Sorcerer highest, then Adept, then Beginner.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

What's PPE channeling? :?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Morrowcale wrote:What's PPE channeling? :?
In my opinion one of the most brilliant new magic mechanics ever...Jason Richards is the mind behind this inovation.

works basically on the concept of a mage being capable of "channeling" X amount of PPE per melee action towards use in casting spells. the amount a mage can "channel" increases as the mage gains experience.

the rules were published in Rifter # 21 and re-printed in the best of the Rifter.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Thanks! Sounds nifty, I'll have to research that. :ok:
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”