Ley Line Walker spell selection

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Ley Line Walker spell selection

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

walross1978 wrote:Quick question:

Can a ley line walker learn elemental magic?

Can a ley line walker learn cloud magic?

Can a ley line walker learn necromancy?

I know ley line walkers would most likely only learn invocation spells, but do they have the ability to learn from another school of magic? (they found a person to teach and they are willing to learn)

Can they learn Elemental magic? Unoquviablly: NO. ONLY warlocks and certain kinds of supernatural beings can use it.

Cloud magic: Only by dual-classing into a Cloud Mage. they CANNOT learn it as a ley line walker.

Necromancy: that's right in the necromancers section ;) Yes, they can, but they pay DOUBLE all PPE costs.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

walross1978 wrote:Quick question:

Can a ley line walker learn elemental magic?

No. However, many spells of elemental magic have been reverse-engineered into wizard magic (usually of a higher level, and lacking a couple features).

Can a ley line walker learn cloud magic?

IIRC, yes, but only if they have a teacher.

Yes, but they pay double PPE for it.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Can a ley line walker learn elemental magic? No

Can a ley line walker learn cloud magic? maybe, if they found someone willing to teach them.

I know ley line walkers would most likely only learn invocation spells, but do they have the ability to learn from another school of magic? If it is not specilty magic like oh say Flesh sculpter, or Mirror Mage, or a say Spacile Mage, then yes, they could learn a spells from that school if they have a teacher to teach them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Dragons, yes for all of them. Other supernatural creatures, it's going to depend on the creature.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

walross1978 wrote:Would a dragon or other supernatural creatures learn:

Cloud magic?

Elemental magic?

Necro magic?

Yes, since most adult dragons have a dual magic class (mostly elemental magic).
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

walross1978 wrote:Would a dragon or other supernatural creatures learn:

Cloud magic?

Elemental magic?

Necro magic?

Yes, if the dragon took that type of magic user class as an occ.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Can a ley line walker learn elemental magic? No, though a lot of them can be convert 1/2 range and double p.p.e. cost.(Though I would never allow tornado, or earthquake)

Can a ley line walker learn cloud magic? No, this would be duel classing issue. Also their are only I few wizards classes that can learn other magic and they tell what spells and what level. Namly high magus,temporal wizard. Says they can get learn other spells at level 9 I believe.

Also it would lower the point of some N.P.C. classes/races. Namely the lizard mage(duel classing). And one spirit west which learns two spells from any level any school per level.

Can a ley line walker learn necromancy? Yes, double p.p.e. cost.
Nikoli
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Nikoli »

They need to errata the fluff text on LLW and LLR, it says they can learn more spells than anyone, but all the specialty casters can usually learn the invocations and the special school just for them. The LLW/R don't get that.
"oh no, times almost up, enjoy space little rock!" - Prince Artemis
"Hello Mr. Shiney Pants!" - Major Victory
"So what you fetchin' to do with that there bazookie, young man?"
"Kreeghor hunting, officer, sir..." - Talismn
barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Unread post by barna10 »

This is why you should play an Obsidian Spell Thief. They're more versatile than any other Mage. They can learn any spell of 6th level or less and if they get a scroll of Create Scroll, they can create Scrolls of every other spell of any type of magic. They then analyze their scroll library and walla..huge spell selection for a couple of hours. Very broken.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Nikoli wrote:They need to errata the fluff text on LLW and LLR, it says they can learn more spells than anyone, but all the specialty casters can usually learn the invocations and the special school just for them. The LLW/R don't get that.

Ley line walkers can learn all invocations, necromancy, temporal magic, and blue flame magic, possibly more. Warlocks can only learn elemental magic. Necromancers can learn invocations, but I believe from a limited list. Temporal wizards can learn all invocations, yes. Cloud Wizards can only learn cloud magic. So really, the LLW can learn more spells than most specialty casters.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”