Neat Idea for Levitate!

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Neat Idea for Levitate!

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Imagine a Mind Melter with Levitate, Pilot: Boats(Sail) and a body harness with a Para-Sail on it. Wait for a windy day...

Step 1) Ready the Para-Sail
Step 2) Use Levitate on self
Step 3) Use Pilot: Sail Boat to guide self across the (rather windy) Great Plains! No gas. No electricity. No Nuke-Plant...No problem-as long as the wind holds out. Note: This is not intended to replace an vehicle, but substitute in the event of a break-down or a working addition to the old Heel-Toe-Express.

What new ideas can you come up with for existing/Official Psi-Powers/Spells?

Thanks.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: Neat Idea for Levitate!

Unread post by Thinyser »

GaredBattlespike wrote:Imagine a Mind Melter with Levitate, Pilot: Boats(Sail) and a body harness with a Para-Sail on it. Wait for a windy day...

Step 1) Ready the Para-Sail
Step 2) Use Levitate on self
Step 3) Use Pilot: Sail Boat to guide self across the (rather windy) Great Plains! No gas. No electricity. No Nuke-Plant...No problem-as long as the wind holds out. Note: This is not intended to replace an vehicle, but substitute in the event of a break-down or a working addition to the old Heel-Toe-Express.

What new ideas can you come up with for existing/Official Psi-Powers/Spells?

Thanks.

Motorized parasails use forward thrust from a big fan on your back to keep them aloft. The problem with this idea is that If you reduce the downward pull on the strings too much you would lose tension on the chute lines and you would in essance "stall" and the chute would colapse.

A good idea but in practice it would be better if you used some form of TK for forward thrust but since its pretty ISP intensive it wouldn't last long. Maybe some sort of psi-tech fan or thruster that uses 5 isp for 20 minutes of runtime.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

or one of those para sails that have the harness and fan to push the pilot around. THAT you could totally make into a TW device. Cool idea. :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

asajosh wrote:or one of those para sails that have the harness and fan to push the pilot around. THAT you could totally make into a TW device. Cool idea. :D
See my post did you?
:lol:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Thinyser wrote:
asajosh wrote:or one of those para sails that have the harness and fan to push the pilot around. THAT you could totally make into a TW device. Cool idea. :D
See my post did you?
:lol:

Apparently I got too caught up in the original post to read on! :oops: :lol:

Great minds think alike it seems :)
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Sounds ok, as long as you want to go the direction the wind is going.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Sounds ok, as long as you want to go the direction the wind is going.

Add Wind Rush :)
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:First thing to do as any psychic is to learn Analytical Chemistry...

Yes yes, are you a chem major perhaps? I ask as this is the 3rd thread you've brought up Analytical Chemistry.

When my buddy Chris started forging swords, everything from him for months was "sword" this "blade sharpening" that... just seeing some parrallels.

May I suggest starting a thread in the GM forum or perhaps Palladium Book Q&A celebrating the merits of Analytical Chemistry, kinda shake it all outta yer system as it were? :lol: :P

This was a mode of emergency transport, not a platform for mayhem. And its a TW device, not psychically powered (no counting channeling ISP into it). :bandit:
Carl

G
Adventurer

Neat use of levitate

Unread post by G »

I built levitate into a TW gun (though you could do the same with a Gizmoteer). In addition to getting the ability to levitate (useful in itself), you could levitate others while you shot them - making it really hard to dodge (most people don't have a means of propulsion) especially while you are being smashed against he floor and ceiling while being shot..I found that using this gun you are more likely to empty the whole clip into the victum.

The second use of the gun, was more of the standard levitate, essentialy forcing (to the extent of its like reversed gravity) myself up on the ceiling so that I could walk or run along the ceiling. Useful for avoiding traps and hiding (most people don't look up). Which means while your companions are running along the floor drawing everyones attention, you get attacked last and some surprise attack or spellcasting without worrying about people bothering you. Possibly better suited to PF.

I had planned to use it to prevent falling damage or move heavy objects (5ppe per 200+pounds at a distance of 60' can be useful), but never needed it.

A thought: I suppose by running and making large jumps you could increase your speed the same as a terrain hopper (with slightly less mobility - which you could get out of juicer rocket boots).
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”