TW teleport: superior theft devices!

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

If your GM says its all good, its all good, but you need to look at the books to decide on everything you will need.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Use the rules in RUE for creating TW devices.
Sounds like you've got a good start there, just remember that the Teleport spells need the user to know where he's going to work and TW devices almost always (can't think of one that doesn't) need to be touched to be activated. Good Luck! :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Good stuff :ok:
I still don't see how you plan to get around the fact that the device needs to have an operator present (no remote TW devices I can find). Unless the thief in question plans on attaching the device, casting the spell, then walking out of the area (or teleporting with the loot). I can see the gate guard now: "Excuse me, stranger, but what is that huge C-clamp you have behind your back?" hehe.
If the device is small enough, id suggest building it into something that can be pocketed. But like I said I like the idea so far!
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Now THATs Techno Wizardry! :D
Carl

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

octopus70 wrote:snip...
, this is a stone not a gem I wonder why it is listed
on the gem chart?
..snip

Is a Gem a stone? :rolleyes:
Just becuse the stone is called a gem or not doesn't mean it isn't a stone. While lapis lazuli is a semi-precious stone doesn't mean it doesn't have its own folklore & legends.

Lapis Lazuli is listed as the traditional birthstone for December.

The Egyptians used Lapis for seals, cosmetic purposes and often carved it into vases and figurines.
A soft stone, 5-5.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness, lapis lazuli is one of the most valuable semi opaque stones.

Folklore, Legend, Healing Properties:
Strengthens total awareness, creativity, ESP, skeleton, thyroid, helps to expand viewpoint.

http://www.bernardine.com/gemstones/lapis.htm
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Hey how bout putting Teleport on a pair of gloves! Touch something you want, picture in your mind a location to deposit it, spend the PPE and poof! User still has to walk out tho... Best used on small items and in conjunction with slight of hand skills.
Also good for disarming foes. Imagine parrying a sword with your gloved hand only to make the sword "disappear"! :D
Carl

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”