Warrior Horde and Control Gem

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Warrior Horde and Control Gem

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

I was just thinking....If a mage was on wormwood and had a control gem/crystal it x5(20) summoned: 100/ level :eek: Warrior Horde

Then with a Dimension Gem could send the army across the megaverse to do battle for you or even give the Host a big problem......

Am I correct?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It'd be nice for a small personal army, but the Magic Warriors really arn't all that spectacular. They could help turn the tide of a battle, but not win by itself. and then the Unholy would really let you know about vengance...

But no, an army of a few hundred is no significant threat to a being with millions.

~Nekira
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Since the defenders of Wormwood are outnumbered 5:1, maybe something like this is all that's holding the demon hordes in check?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Braden Campbell wrote:Since the defenders of Wormwood are outnumbered 5:1, maybe something like this is all that's holding the demon hordes in check?

Sinse when were they in check? Theres no line where they're stopped, The game has them steadilly advancing in multiple areas. the only safety is in being far from the current boarder. Sure, they can be stopped for a time, but remember the way it's written the forces of light's prospects are dim...
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Well I guess that would be a big yes!! :D

I know the Warrior Horde won't stop a million demons but a few here and there would help.

Also you could Rent an Army (Phase World)...and get good credits (use credits to upgrade the wormwood population).

Or I could dust off my 33rd Palladium Wizard and see if he could cause the Host some trouble (100x33=3300 Warriors). :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

MR.Grimm wrote:For @#$%s and giggels you coul try give in a few of them a staff with a permancy ward and area effect ward and a well done ward phrase to keep them around indefinetly. :?:

Sure....how many dragons have you slain? that's a LOT of bone ;)

Yes, that's technically possible, but an epic feat indeed.

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sure....how many dragons have you slain? that's a LOT of bone ;)

How much bone do you need? Find a Dragon Hatchling with an overdeveloped sense of morality (and a Principled Alignment) and just have him cut off a finger and let it regenerate. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Don't forget the Control Gem increases the duration of the spell by 5 times :D
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I'm pretty sure dragons can grow fingers, since they can normally grow back their eyes - which are a lot more complex. My reference for this is one of the dragons from the Siege of Tolkeen books, who specifically can't regenerate his eye due to Splugorth biowizard torture.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

MR.Grimm wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
MR.Grimm wrote:For @#$%s and giggels you coul try give in a few of them a staff with a permancy ward and area effect ward and a well done ward phrase to keep them around indefinetly. :?:

Sure....how many dragons have you slain? that's a LOT of bone ;)

You can also use demon bones even lesser ones and how many of thouse have we all slain :lol: also im preety sure dragons cant regrow thier fingers

Since RUE, getting demon bones is a big difficult; kill one outside its home realm, and it turns into mist.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Who would have thought that a question about Warrior Horde and Control Gem...would end up in a talk about dragon bones and demon bones....and this is one reason I love rifts. You never know where your going until you get there :D
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

MR.Grimm wrote:
Mazorrath wrote:Who would have thought that a question about Warrior Horde and Control Gem...would end up in a talk about dragon bones and demon bones....and this is one reason I love rifts. You never know where your going until you get there :D

sorry about that any way I no littel to nothing about wormwood let alone that gem aren't the minons of the unholy demons or at least sub-demons?

Yes, many of the Unholy/Host are demons but then there is the parasites, Dark Priest(ess), freelancers, ect...

The Gem is a living extension of wormwood ( there are many different types). The basics any Control/Summon Spell times by 5: Range, duration, number summoned ect.. (for more info get the Book).
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Another idea came to me while I was searching through my books. A Immortal (PU2 ...choose them for power and magic) Multiple Lives, Extraordinary Enduance and Multiple Selves. Under take the Tree of Knowledge path at level 16+...will gain All magic including Warrior Horde.
I have faith that one of your lives will pass.

Go to wormwood and get the Control Gem and Dimension Gem(also some PPE storage Crystals. Split into a total of 16 selves and start casting Warrior Horde: 100x16=1600 and 1600x16=
25,600 warriors

Rarest yet, A Godling same set up but been adventuring for 12,000 years with a level around 30. 100x30=3000 then 3000x16=
48,000 warriors

Now that may help turn a battle here there :D

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”