psi-healer healing touch modifications?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

t0m
Adventurer
Comment: nothing left and nothing right

psi-healer healing touch modifications?

Unread post by t0m »

in our fantasy campaign we have a psi healer. he just reached level 7. he gets to pick a new psionic ability every level and hes starting to run out of abilities he wants for his character. he asked me if he can take healing touch again, and be able to 'dual wield' it (heal 2 people with one action). i liked this idea and told him that if he takes it again(3rd time) ill give him an 'aura of healing' style move where anyone in range gets a healing touch.

what do you guys think? too powerful? what about isp cost?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: psi-healer healing touch modifications?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

t0m wrote:in our fantasy campaign we have a psi healer. he just reached level 7. he gets to pick a new psionic ability every level and hes starting to run out of abilities he wants for his character. he asked me if he can take healing touch again, and be able to 'dual wield' it (heal 2 people with one action). i liked this idea and told him that if he takes it again(3rd time) ill give him an 'aura of healing' style move where anyone in range gets a healing touch.

what do you guys think? too powerful? what about isp cost?

Out of the rules, but acceptable. increase the ISP cost per time taken. (Twice is x2, three times is x3 cost, ect.)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
t0m
Adventurer

Unread post by t0m »

cool thanks :-D
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Wow, this I like. Surprised I never thought of it, to be honest.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
t0m
Adventurer

Unread post by t0m »

:D cool im glad you like it. this is the psi healer that will be facing your cancer curse pretty soon...
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Sounds like he/she has their work cut out for them.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

well ... since someone on here already compared a Gypsy Gifted ... to be an equivalent or a near equivalent to a Psi healer ... should i bother sticking down the gypsy magic i have almost finished? .. its used to 'heal' MDC creatures ... since the gypsy is stuck to healing SDC and HP only

*should find it someplace again.
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
t0m
Adventurer

Unread post by t0m »

Sub-par GM wrote:This might be a bit powerfull but maybe at the third choice it could be a healing aura or if you concentrate on one person it could affect them the round you use it and then agian the next round. Or after the initial effect how about 2 pts healed per round per level of the healer?

do you mean the healer could remotely heal someone if he was concentrating/meditating? or deliver a 'heal bomb' that continues to heal the person for a few rounds after the initial touch? both could add interesting elements to combat. ill pass them by our healer :)
t0m
Adventurer

Unread post by t0m »

thats a cool idea. i have no idea if its possible though :D

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”