Combat Magic

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Sounds good to me :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Combat Magic

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

gadrin wrote:from the Rifts Mercenary Adventures the spell Erase Trail seem to indicate that it would zap all DNA or "CSI crime scene evidence" too, like fingerprints and hair, etc.

or is that carrying it too far ? :P

That depends on what type of game you want to play.
If you're playing CSI: Rifts, then that use of the spell would kind of ruin things for the players in a lot of ways.

Unless you come up with other spells and psychic powers that can work around it.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

i have always played (as a GM) that mystic can "learn" any spell period as they just intuitively know the spells not research them....
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

gadrin wrote:Could a mystic learn an odd Combat Magic spell or two ?

I assume the reason they learn the same spells as everyone else is because they know they're possible and maybe even see them in action and then figure out how to do it on their own.

If that's right, then as long as they're exposed to Combat Magic (and it fits level/numbers-wise) they should be able to figure one or two out.

The way I see it is that mystics learn magic which fits their personality and place in the universe.

If they're peace-loving hippies, they're going to know fairly benign spells... befuddle will be a nice little trip from one of them. However, if you've got a violent psychopath who's a mystic (ogres can be mystics... so can goblins), then you've got them picking the kinds of spells a violent psychopath would find intriguing.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”