Invented Spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

abe wrote:dinky brain-the victims IQ goes down by 50%
spell level-13
tell me what you think of this spell!

I cannot know what to think of it without details like range, duration, and PPE cost. write it out as a proper spell before asking opinions.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Darkons Parental Response Magic

these spells were invented by a six year old magical prodigy...

you said a bad word!
level, Duration, and ppe as per the mute spell
effect:
a bar of foul tasting soap appears in the victims mouth. additionally nothing tastes quite right for the next 3 days...

You need a time out!
level 10
range: 10 ft and 300 yards (see description)
PPE: 100
Duration: dependant on the age of the victim (see description)
Save: standard (16 for good alignments)
spell teleports the target to the nearest corner (within 300 yards). If no corner is available the spell creates one at the maximum range. The victim is held facing the corner for a number of minutes equal to his/her/its age.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

dinky brain-the victims IQ goes down by 50%
spell level-13

range is touch
duration is 1/2 hour per level
ppe cost is 25
sorry about that but I havnt written spells for palladium type games before.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

abe wrote:
spell level-13

range is touch
ppe cost is 25

PPE cost is way too low for effect, level, and duration; you'd be looking at closer to 250 for a reduction of IQ by half for 30 minutes/level. Personally, I prefer to give flat penalties to ratio-based reductions (say, a -10, with a minimum of 1, rather than a -50%), but that's a design preference.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Mark Hall wrote:
abe wrote:
spell level-13

range is touch
ppe cost is 25

PPE cost is way too low for effect, level, and duration; you'd be looking at closer to 250 for a reduction of IQ by half for 30 minutes/level. Personally, I prefer to give flat penalties to ratio-based reductions (say, a -10, with a minimum of 1, rather than a -50%), but that's a design preference.

Agreed. I like the penalties to reduction method. I may have to jot that down.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Library Ogre

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
abe wrote:
spell level-13

range is touch
ppe cost is 25

Agreed. I like the penalties to reduction method. I may have to jot that down.

I've blogged about it, if you're interested in my full thoughts on the matter.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

ok 250 it is!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Damian Magecraft wrote:Darkons Parental Response Magic

these spells were invented by a six year old magical prodigy...

you said a bad word!

You need a time out!

Is there a Mary Poppins-style Juviemancer Faerie-Nanny in the offing? This is a good start. :lol:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

gadrin wrote:snip...

Artificial Intelligence
Level 4

....snip

Shouldn't this be closer to Level Nine then four? Sence using the orgianl L9 "frined in the head" spell as the basis, the Base level for the new spell should be 10, using the megaversal rules for spell creation in Through the Glass Darkly.
*increaced the base duration
*decreasced the range
*limited the possible duration
* the IQ limits have only a lower limit defined
*gave it skills

3 enhancments of the power and 2 reduction of the power.

So the genral base level should still be 11 with a PPE cost of 108

But one of the reductions in power was a range redeuction which gets a recudce PPE by half modifiyer also.
So Level 10, costing 54 PPE would be the two things that changed if you had followed the spell creation rules.

question: Why the change from the ME to the PE? Why not just go with months per level?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightshade37
Explorer

Unread post by Nightshade37 »

Here are a couple of spell variations created using the rules in Through the Glass Darkly.

Defensive Shield: 8th level
Range: Self or one other by touch
Duration: 3 minutes/level
Saving Throw: None
PPE: 40

Encases the target in a form-fitting invisible magic field. It has 30 MDC per level of the caster, takes 1/2 damage from all forms of energy attack, and if destroyed will disappear in a flash of light, absorbing any extra damage.

Lightning Blast: 7th level
Range: 300ft, line of sight
Duration: Instant
Damage: 1d6 MD/level
PPE: 20

This spell creates a blast of lightning which can be directed at any target up to 300 feet away. The lightning blast shoots from the casters hands on completion of the spell, hitting the desired target, which must be within the casters line of sight.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

It would help if I haad more knowledge of all the types of magic...
Working from the Rifts bok of magic, the PF2 main book and HU2 and Nightbane stuff to model spells after is helpful, but I am not sure of all the types of magic and what spells have already been done.
I have been compiling powers for the new Heroes Unlimited powers wiki Nimmy set up and bveen unable to get back to working on the Money Mage spells.
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Here are some combat magic (Rifts Mercinary Adventures) that I've been working on for my games. Forgive the names, as they are just first drafts.

Showering Strike
Spell Level: 4th Level
Range: Varies, range is standard for weapon being thrown.
Damage: Normal for weapon used; an S.D.C. weapon will have duplicates that are S.D.C., a M.D. weapon will have duplicates that inflict M.D., silver weapons will have duplicates that are silver, etc.
Saving Throw: None, attack must be dodged (parrying is not possible due to the large amount of projectiles).
Cost: 8 P.P.E.
Using this spell the caster is able to charge a thrown weapon with mystic energy, causing several duplicates (amount depends on the spell caster’s level of experience) to appear in mid-flight. The spell creates one duplicate, plus one for every other level of experience beyond first level. The act of casting the spell and throwing the object counts as one action, and the spell caster must roll to strike as normal; the original and its duplicates count as a volley, thus only one roll to strike is required. This spell can only be used in conjunction with smaller thrown weapons such as knives, shurikens, throwing irons, etc., and not with larger thrown objects such as spears and javelins, nor with explosives such as grenades or fusion blocks. Note: The duplicates created by this spell fade from existence shortly after hitting a target and are not permanent (though the damage they cause will remain). Also note that the Conjurer can cast this spell at ½ the listed P.P.E. cost.

Thrown Detonation
Spell Level: 3rd Level
Range: Varies, range is standard for weapon being thrown.
Duration: One melee per level of experience, or until weapon is thrown; which ever comes first.
Damage: 3d6 M.D., note that the weapon being thrown is completely consumed in the explosion (whether it is made of S.D.C. or M.D.C. material), unless indestructible such as a Rune Weapon or other magical construct.
Saving Thrown: None, but may be dodged or parried (though due to the explosion parrying weapons take ½ damage).
Cost: 8 P.P.E.
Using this spell the caster is able to charge a thrown object, plus one additional thrown weapon per level of experience, to explode on impact. The explosion is very limited, less than one foot, but very destructive. This spell can only be used in conjunction with actual thrown weapons, it can not be used with objects just picked up from the ground, such a sticks or rocks (though sling bullets, which are polished and shaped stones or metal are acceptable). Like the Showering Strike spell (see above), this spell may only be used with smaller thrown weapons such as knives and shurikens, etc., and is not compatible with larger throwing weapons such as spears and javelins. It can not be used with explosives such as grenades or fusion blocks.

Spider Climb
Spell Level: 6th Level
Range: Self
Duration: One melee per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
Cost: 10 P.P.E.
While the spell is named Spider Climb the caster does not actually have to climb like a spider, instead the spell allows the caster to walk and run up vertical and inverted surfaces at half their normal SPD attribute. Weight limit is the caster’s weight, plus 10 lbs per level of experience. Fighting can be preformed as normal, though any attacks that cause both of the caster’s feet to leave the surface being fought on, such as leap attacks, caused the caster to immediately be under the affects of normal gravity with potentially deadly results depending on his/her distance from the ground at the time.

Dragon Leap
Spell Level: 2nd Level
Range: Self, or others by touch.
Duration: One minute per level of experience.
Cost: 6 P.P.E., or 15 when cast on another.
This spell allows the caster to leap 12 feet across, plus two feet per level of experience, and eight feet high, plus two feet per level of experience, from a standing still position. Distances are doubled with only a slight running start. There is no chance of injury to the caster due to muscle and joint strain as the magic provides the power necessary for the leaping distances and absorbs some of the impact of landing. The spell derives its name from the fact that those under the affects of this spell appear to almost glide in mid-leap, similar to the leap of many winged dragons. Note: While there is no danger of injury from the actual act of leaping and landing on normal surfaces, this may not always be the case. Depending on the surface being landed on the GM may require an Acrobatics or Gymnastics roll for a safe landing, this should only applies when landing on slippery surfaces (such as ice or slime), or particularly small and narrow areas with a risk of falling if footing is loss. GM’s use your discretion; remember that in most cases the use of this spell is perfectly safe, but we all know that some PCs can be exceptionally reckless, wild, and love to push the boundaries.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I should be posting more within the next couple days now I am on a break from posting to the powers wiki, at least for a while.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nimmy has added an area to the wiki for spells as well. Anyone wishing to may post spells from here to the wiki.
taalismn
Priest

Wow...the archives expand!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Wow...the archives expand!

Well, they would expand more if more people contributed.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Money Magic
Level Eight

Commune With Bankers
Range: Self; location "sent" to must be within 200 feet
Duration: 5 minutes per level
PPE cost: 25
This spell allows the mage's presence to be felt and noticed as if he were present on big money deals and rich parties as if here were there. This allows him to bypass security to enter rooms he would not otherwise be able to gain access to, or attend meetings while in bed. It enables him to interact as if he was there but not otherwise influence them in any way.

Capitalism
Range: 300 feet
Duration: The spell lasts 3 minutes, but the results last 6 months or longer.
Saving Throw: 12 or better vs. Mind Control
PPE cost: 30
This powerful magic influences those of a different economic system to buy into capitalism and begin trade so as to begin monetary exchange.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money Magic
Level Nine

Greed Curse
Range: Touch
Duration: 24 hours per level
Saving Throw: Standard
PPE cost: 50
This magic instills an unreasoning desire for money. The greed is so intense that the victim of the spell will be moved to steal money he sees or gamble uncontrollably. The need for money will be so distracting that they will suffer -2 to all combat moves (unless the fight is over money, in which case they will gain +2 to initiative and all combat moves).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mephisto wrote:snip...

Summon Nightmare Steed (13th Level)
...snip

This reminded me of one of the spells I haven't posted, I got the idea while playing in one of Lady_CS's games...that had a nightmare in it. :P

I was going to make a superior vertion but never got around to it

5) Eyes of the NightMare (minor)--
Range: self/touch
PPE: 30
Duration: 1 min./L,
Saving Throw: HF 18 when looked at eye to eye.
This spell was developed bye a mage of unknown origin, some say from another world entirely. She did make this spell to ward off attackers. This spell makes the eyes of the mage to take on aspects of a true nightmare's bringing the fears of the seer to their minds. The seer must be able to see the mages eyes directly and be with in 30' of the mage to be affected. Those who fail the save will suffer the normal effects of failing an HF . Those who make the save will only suffer -2 all combat rolls and -5% skills for 1d4 melees, even then they will not want to fight the mage.
For this spell to take its full effect the mage must have seen a true nightmare or has been taught by a mage who has the spell in its full effectiveness, or the spell only works as a fear spell HF:16 centered on the mage, line of sight of his eyes.
Note: those viewing the mage through a video monitor, like from inside an enclosed vehicle or bionic eyes, are not affected by this spell.

Gadrin, I got a varient of a mirror magic spell for you....

:P

10) HIdden Reflection: Greater (invocation)-- Self and other by touch (30 self only/100) 1 hr./L, none
Much like the Hidden Reflection (lesser) spell this lets the mage step into a mirror to hide in the reflection's background, being able to see and hear everything that happens in front of it as if hearing/seeing it from an open window. The major difference, is that the mage can take someone along with him into the mirror, he can even reach out of a mirror to take a person into the mirror he was already in. While in the mirror each person can exit the mirror at any time they wish to if they are not connected in any why. But, if one person is holding onto the other then both have to want to exit the mirror for them to exit, once all people are out of the mirror the spell ends, leaving no trace of anyone having used the mirror as a hiding place, even to a person who is able to object read.
If the mage goes in alone, then any reflective surface can be used as a mirror, but can only see out the side of the surface he came in on. (i.e.: if using a plane of glass of a window as the mirror and standing on the outside of the window, he would only be able to the outside side of the window.
Having the mirror shattered, then those with in the mirror sense of reality is shattered. Roll on the following table if the mirror is shattered.
Effects Table
01-15 Thrown into the Astral Plane (Mind, body, & soul) Finding one's way back to their home world is slim (06%) without a Astral Guide. Return to the physical world is unlikely (20%) with out a Guide. They will parish of hunger and thirst in 4d4 days unless they can convince a denizen of the astral plane to take them in (at what price?). If their bodies die in the astral plane the there is a 40% chance of becoming an astral being. (With no physical body they will have to spend the rest of their days in the astral plane.)
16-37 Trapped in a shard of the mirror for what seams like days, but is only 3d4 hours. Finally reappearing whole and unscathed. Roll on the after affects table.
38-44 Trapped in the Mirror Wall for an hour and falls through the mirror they are standing on, ending up somewhere on the same world unless they have moved to a mirror nearby to somewhere they know.
45-60 White noise and swirling images that seam to last forever, feeling as if being ripped apart. Then suddenly standing themselves in front of the shattered mirror 4d4 min. later. roll on the after effects table
61-80 After an undefinable time of having their mind torn apart. The person will appear shaken and with suffer from Vertigo for 1d4 days, and unable to cast any magic spells for 2d4 days.
81-00 Spat out of the mirror with a thud the instant the mirror is shattered! Suffers 2d6 damage and looses initiative for the first melee round, but is otherwise okay.
After Effects Table
01-15 Shaken but okay. Appears standing in front of the shattered mirror.
16-35 Afraid of mirrors for 2d4+4 days.
36-50 Is afflicted with sever nausea for 1d20 hours.
51-80 Is afraid of any refection of a person that is not his own for 3d6 days: also avoiding all mirrors and magic as much as possible.
81-00 Will see in reflections, out of the corner of his eyes, movement in image in the mirror. Paranoid 2d4 days.
Note: that when the time elapses the mage, and companion if any, are forced out of the mirror with out an ill affects. When two people are in the same mirror using the same spell, if the mirror is shattered, roll only once on the Effects table, but separately on the Side Effects Table.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
taalismn
Priest

Splatter of Fury

“Xiticix in the room? No problem...lemme just get today’s copy of the Lazlo Inquirer.”

This is an empowerment spell that turns a rolled-up piece of newpaper/newsprint into a dangerous, indeed lethal to some, melee weapon. Requires a rolled up newspaper or newsletter(or a roll of paper towel will do in a pinch)...nothing else will work. In combat, the rolled up paper takes on a glowing appearance that some insectoid entities find oddly alluring.
Spell Level: 9
Range: One rolled-up newspaper by touch
Duration: 2 melee rounds(30 seconds) per level of spell caster
Effect: Makes a rolled-up piece of newspaper/newprint into a megadamage melee weapon that does 1d6 MD +any P.S. damage from the wielder(if not supernaturally strong, apply SDCbonus as MD, but at HALF)
Does STUN damage to canines and vulpine lifeforms; 30% chance of rocking canine beings(including werewolves) back on their heels/haunches and stunning them(lose initiative and HALF bonuses to strike, parry, and dodge for 1d4 melees)
Does DOUBLE damage to insectoid lifeforms, and on a Natural 18 -20, CRITICAL damage. There;s also a chance(roll versus magic) that insects will be drawn or paralyzed by the sight of the glowing swatter, and are -2 to dodge for each melee they fail their save.
PPE Cost: 45
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"Bang Bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer..."
(sorry, had to say it)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Enchanter mage school spells

Make Paper
Level 2
Range: 10 feet
Duration: instant, permanent
Saving Throws: Not Applicable
P.P.E.: 10 for wood paper, 20 for rag based paper
This gathers fibers from the surroundings to make a ream of paper. A ream of paper is 144 sheets.

Reform Metal
Level 5
Range: 1 foot per Level
Saving Throws: standard for magical objects, none otherwise
P.P.E.: 20
This lets the mage form any metal, 1 cubic foot per level, into the shape he images. This spell dose not affect rune weapons.

Make Metal Thread
Level: 5
Range: 2 feet per level
Durations: instant, permanent
P.P.E.: 15
This turns up to 1 pound of metal per level of metal into thread grade wire equal in weight to the original amount of metal.

Purify Metal
Dose not affect magical metals nor dose it affect rune weapons.
Level 4
Range: touch, 1 foot per Level
Duration: instant
Saving Throws: none
P.P.E.: 8
This spell purifies the metal the enchanter is working with, separating out all impurities. The impurities are deposited near the metal being affected. When used on alloys, the differing metals are separated and each end up in its own nugget. Affects 2 lb of metal per level. This dose not effect enchanted metals or rune weapons made out of metal.

Alloy Metals
Level 5
This lets the mage to make purely alloyed metals for his creations. The weight limit is 20 lb. per level. This spell dose not affect rune weapons.

Read Stone (essentially the same as the PSI power 'object read' but it doesn't open the mage to possession)
Level 4
Duration: surface read -instant, deep read--1 minute
Saving Throws: standard for magical objects and rune weapons, none otherwise
P.P.E.: 6

Reform Stone
Level 5
This lets the mage form any stone or rock, 2 lb per level, into the shape he images. This spell dose not affect rune weapons.

Meld Stone
Level 5
This lets the mage to meld together two or more (2+1 per level) stones for his creations. This dose not effect the magical attributes of the stones melded. This spell dose not affect rune weapons made out of stone. There is no weight limit, only number of stones.

Other new Spells
Absorption
Level 9, enchanter specialty spell (level 14 as common spell)
Range: touch
Duration: instant or till dispelled
Saving Throws: standard
P.P.E.: 100
This spell, when attached to charm or worn magical object, causes it to fuse to the wearer, then becomes as part of the wearers skin. When the amulet or charm is first worn against the skin the wearer needs to save, failing, the amulet sticks to the skin. During the next week the amulet becomes more attached to the skin and at the end of the week the amulet is actually a part of the skin. Seaming like a vivid tattoo. A simple 'negation of magic' will remove the amulet or charm from the merged state. If the wearer dose not want it to be removed then the negation of magic spell will not work.

Create Gem
Level 5 (Level 9 as a common spell)
Range: can be cast up to 10 feet away
Duration: 1 minute per level
P.P.E.: 50 (20 as a specialty spell)
This spell combines any gems & semiprecious stones that come into the spell circle that defines the boundaries of the spell, into a larger gem. This spell will only combine like types of gems & semiprecious stones in to a lager stone. This spell dose not affect organic matter, but can affect a mineral being (gets a +4 to save). If multiple types of gems or semiprecious stones are put into the circle at once then only one of them is affected. If the merged gems or semiprecious stones is removed before the duration has elapsed then another type of gem or semiprecious stone is affected.

Cure Hides
Level: 4
Durations: instant, permanent
This spell cures hide into something durable and usable to make clothing, tents, leatherworkings, and other items. Affecting 2 pounds of hides per level.

Create cloth(L3, specialty magic spell) 10' (10/20) perm, no save applicable.
This spell requiers a sample of the cloth the mage wishes to make. The spell duplicates the cloth starting at the molecular level and ends up making cloth ( 1 sq. yards per level) that is the same quality as the orignal. This spell costs 10 PPE per casting for light cloths , and 20 PPE for heavy cloths, but the spell caster may use as much PPE as he wishes in 10PP and 20 PPE incraments to make large sections of fabric. This spell can also be used to mend rips, tares, and small holes less then 1 sq. foot total in clothing.

Change Color of cloth--(L4, specialty magic spell)-- 1foot/ 2 levels (12) perm, standard for magical cloth none otherwise, Transforms the color of the target cloth into what the mage wants it to look like. If the mage has no emidiate idea of what he wants it to look like then the color and paterns are choosen at random. All other aspects of the cloth are the same.

Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Can never have too much creation magic in a post-apocalyptic economy...
Good job!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Create Milk and Cookies
Level 7
Range: near caster/10'
Duration: perm
saving throw: None
PPE: 15

Creates one single serving bottle of milk and three napkin wrapped home baked cookies (no OREOs or other mass produced cookies) per level of the mage.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Feedback please, thanks.

Alter Target (1st Level Invocation)
Range: 100 feet plus 25 feet per each additional level of experience.
Duration: Until targeted range weapon is fired or I minute.
P.P.E.: 5
Cast on ranged weapon. When next fired within 1 minute, will hit target of caster’s choice. New target must be within range of weapon and in line of sight of caster. Normal to strike rules applies to new target.

Anvil (2nd Level Invocation)
Range: 100 feet plus 10 feet per each additional level of experience.
Damage: 6d6 SDC or 4d4 MDC Caster’s choice.
Saving Throw: Dodge 18
P.P.E.: 8
An solid iron anvil weighting 100lbs appears 20ft over head of target creature. Creature may only attempt to dodge if aware of anvil falling toward him/her/it. Anvil vanishes after dealing damage.

Enjoy :D
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

70% on a hit...thats what I'd say.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yeah, 5th or 6th.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

So, change the Anvil spell to 5th level. Should I keep the 8 PPE cost same?

I would use save vs coma/death just for knock out purpose or roll a 1d20 and if roll natural 19 or 20, creature is knockout like knockout punch.

So these changes good?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I'm going to alter these so they fit better.

Offset fire
Level 6 Invocation)

Range: 100 feet plus 50 feet per each additional level of experience.
Duration: 1min. per level

P.P.E.: 36
Cast on projectile weapon.(for this spell Plasma and ion weapons count as projectiles.) When fired within 1 minute, will hit target of caster’s choice.
New target must be within range of weapon and in line of sight of caster. The strike roll is only the Natural Die roll +3.

Anvil drop
Level 7 Invocation (level 4 ludicrus magic)

Range: 20 feet plus 10 feet per each additional level of experience.

Damage: 5d6 damage (does md to mdc and sd to SDC)
Saving Throw: Dodge 18
P.P.E.: 55 (40 for LM)
An solid iron anvil weighting 100lbs appears 20ft over head of target creature. Creature may only attempt to dodge if aware (perception vs 16) of anvil falling toward him/her/it. Anvil vanishes after dealing damage.

Note: the blue is what I changed
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Thanks, that works fine, I like your changes. :D
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Here are two more for your view pleasure. Feedback welcome. :-D

Fire Orb (1st Level Invocation)
Range: 100 feet plus 20 feet per each additional level of experience.
Damage: 1d6 damage plus 1 to damage per 2 additional levels of experience. (Does MD to MDC and SD to SDC)
Saving Throw: Dodge
P.P.E.: 4
A 2-inch diameter orb of magical fire appears leaping from caster’s hand toward target. Creature may only attempt to dodge normally if aware (perception vs 12) of Fire Orb coming toward him/her/it.

Enthralled (3rd Level Invocation)
Range: Touch or 30 feet
Duration: 1 Minute (4 Melees)
P.P.E.: 10
Cast upon a creature. All who come with in 10-foot radius of creature must make a standard save vs. magic. All who fail becomes “enthralled” with creature and can do nothing else but stop and admire him/her/it. They can defend normally at –2 penalty if attacked by another creature. If the creature they are enthralled with attacks, spell is broken and they can defend normally after initial attack.

Enjoy :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

bigbobsr6000 wrote:Here are two more for your view pleasure. Feedback welcome. :-D

Fire Orb (1st Level Invocation)
...snip...

Enthralled (3rd Level Invocation)
...snip

To low in level and PPE. look @ the bench-mark spells of Fireball for fire orb and that of fear, trance, and dominate for Enthralled.

Enthralled seams to me to be an Awe Factor spell which means the observers need to roll vs AF not magic. Another two items I would like you to look at are the hero powers horror factor(minor) and Devine Aura (major). Both are in the HU2 Main book.
Library Ogre

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:To low in level and PPE. look @ the bench-mark spells of Fireball for fire orb and that of fear, trance, and dominate for Enthralled.

Fire ball isn't really a benchmark spell; it's very underpowered for its level and cost. Fire Bolt, on the other hand, works as a benchmark.

All Palladium Articles
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Evil Psychologist wrote:What do you guys think about my Rotweave spell (see previous page)? I was thinking of raising the P.P.E. cost, but the material components seem to offset that quite a bit.. the spell takes some planning because most people won't have a pile of corpses handy at all times.

Other then it being a gross nero spell, I haden't really looked at it. Evil is not cool so I don't use nerco magic.

I would raise the PPE to 25 and leave the rest as is.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Evil Psychologist wrote:Thanks for the advice, you wussies. :-P 25 P.P.E. it is. Evil is very cool. Without evil we'd be playing a game about who earns the most sunshine in the bunny rabbit race to Chuckleberry Glen, so don't forget that.

I did say that there was not evil NPCs in my games. But Evil is relegated to NPC positions because they are so uncool.
EVIL is a perversion, and is no cool about it, it is evil. If you think evil is cool then you're believing in an oxymoron.

Good is cool. and there is no oxymoronity about it.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Evil Psychologist wrote:Sunshine Bunny Race
11th level Invocation

Range: 100 foot radius per level of the spell caster.
Duration: 1 minute per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Special/Cute. Any Horror Factors convert into Cute Factor. Save vs. your own Cute Factor or become totally adorable for duration of spell.
P.P.E. One-Hundred Fifty.

The Sunshine Bunny Race invocation summons the ambient goodwill and better angels of each nature to envelop a circular radius around the spell caster. Within this radius, all alignments become principled and completely pacifist without a save. No hostile action may be taken by any party, including the spell caster (no save). All targets must save vs. magic or polymorph into 3 foot tall anime rabbits of many colors. These rabbits will be compelled to race around the perimeter of the circle centered upon the caster.

The radius of the spell will be further enveloped in daylight similar to a Globe of Daylight spell. This daylight will harm vampires or other creatures vulnerable to it unless they turn into cute anime rabbits. For each lap an anime rabbit runs around the caster, he earns one sunshine point. The winning rabbit receives 1 slice of Grandma's homemade peach cobbler pie for each sunshine point he has accumulated at the end of the race.

Sounds like a good spell to have in a mexico campaign. Even if the vamp doesn't make his save, he will end up having a obsession to see as much sunlight as he can.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

"Cute" spell. :) . Bunnies, who doesn't like bunnies. Although I would have picked "Bugs Bunny" like. Old school, die-hard Looney Tunes fan. :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I think there can never be enough silly and cute spells. Hopefully I can get back to posting spells in this thread soon.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I think there can never be enough silly and cute spells. Hopefully I can get back to posting spells in this thread soon.

It's the cute and silly spells that do things like provide you with snacks when you need them, bolster your morale when you need it, and distract the bad guys when the chips are down...Fear and respect cute and silly spells, because they're unpredictable..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

$h!t Magnent
Range: 10'/L
duration: 15 sec per level
Saving Throw: standard for others
PPE: 50
This spell makes those about the target of the spell, the target of their agression, even if there was someone else causes that agression. Area of affect for others focusing on the target is 60'.

If there is something already bad going to happen it's going to happen to the target of the spell.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Nice :D
taalismn
Priest

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:$h!t Magnent
This spell makes those about the target of the spell, the target of their agression, even if there was someone else causes that agression. Area of affect for others focusing on the target is 60'.

Used quite often by mages at bars and truck stops, and in urban room to room fighting...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Some Chi magic

Body Boost or Kokyu-han
Level: 7
Range: Self Only
Duration: one melee round per level
Saving Throw: N/A
PPE:15
Positive Chi: 1+
This Chi magic spell was developed by a chi mage that wanted a longer lasting boost then what body chi provided. Like the chi power, this spell can only raise the ME, MA, PS, PP, and speed of the mage. With each point of Positive Chi the mage can raise one attribute by three points for the duration of the spell. Multiple Chi+ points can be used to raise more then one stat or to raise the one stat more then just three points. All new attribute rolls are based off the new-temp-attribute scores.
Spell Note: this spell can not be a starting spell and must be gained through game play.

Godly Body Boost or Kokyu-sama
Level: 10
Range: Self Only
Duration: one melee round per level
Saving Throw: N/A
PPE: 30
Positive Chi: 5 and that used to raise the attribute scores.
This Chi magic spell was developed by a chi mage that wanted a more powerful and longer lasting boost then what body chi provided. Like the chi power, this spell can only raise the ME, MA, PS, PP, and speed of the mage. the base PPE and Chi requirements just raise the char's physical attributes scores to be super natural. With each point of Positive Chi the mage can raise one attribute by one point for the duration of the spell. Multiple Chi+ points can be used to raise more then one stat or to raise the one stat more then just the one point. All new attribute rolls are based off the new-temp-attribute scores.
Spell Note: this spell can not be a starting spell and must be gained through game play.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: Invented Spells

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Been a while since Doom's Temporal Spells have seen the light of day so here they are again.

Null Time Barrier

Range: 10’ per level of experience
Duration: 10 minutes per level of experience
Saving Throw: Not Applicable
Level: Considered a Level 11 spell

The Null Time Barrier creates an area of frozen time for the duration of the spell. The area covers a maximum size of a 10-foot cube per level to as little as a 1-foot cube. The size is determined by the caster upon completion of the spell and once set cannot be altered.
The barrier will freeze anything that fully enters the area of effect stopping it dead in space/time. The magic is such that any energy weapons fired into the area are instantly negated and when the spell wares off the momentum of any objects in the area (including projectiles) will be lost and fall harmlessly to the ground. Of course any explosive devices will then detonate as normal (on impact with the ground or when the timer runs out).
Any individuals caught in the barrier will feel disoriented when the effect wares of and if walking or running when entering will drop to their knees and be at half bonuses and attacks for one melee round.
This spell is often used to thwart pursuers and sometimes if the caster is feeling malicious he may toss grenades into the area for a nasty surprise when the duration elapses.
A mage using Time Slip can pass through this barrier like it was not even there.

Time Bomb

Range: Touch/Thrown
Damage: 1D4X10 plus 5 per level
P.P.E.: 40
Level: Considered a Level 9 spell

This spell is somewhat similar to the Annihilate spell. Only it is nowhere near as powerful and the orb is larger (the size of a bowling ball) and has a few different abilities.
The spell brings a tiny amount of anti-matter from another dimension and encases it in a magical orb. This orb can then be (by touch) set by the mage who created it to explode after a given time has elapsed. This time can be a maximum of one hour per level of experience to as little as a few seconds so the bomb can be used as a grenade. The time can be set or reset at any time by touch but only the caster can reset it. The bomb its self weighs about 5 pounds and the P.S. of the caster determines range.
The orb is sticky and will hold fast to any object it touches so the orb cannot be rolled into a room since it will stick to the floor on first contact. The only way to remove a stuck orb is to cut whatever it is stuck to off or a mage in Time Slip can move it. Only another Temporal Raider, Wizard or Warrior can touch a bomb normally and not stick. Therefore they can move a bomb cast by someone else but not change its time of detonation.

Youth Golem

Range: Unlimited
Duration: Permanent until destroyed
P.P.E.: 8000 Plus 1000 if the mage does not himself make the statue. (Half for Temporal Wizards and Warriors)
Level: Spell of Legend

When asked about the existence of this spell Temporal Raiders will scoff and insist that this spell does not exist. After all they will say if there were such a Temporal Spell we would know it. But his spell does exist. It is the product of a Human Temporal Wizard whose name has been lost in the sands of time.
The legends speak of a spell in which the caster creates a great work of art, a painting or a sculpture, and infuses it with the ability to age for him so that the wizard will remain, as long as the artwork remains intact, forever youthful.
The reality of this spell is that it must be cast into a life size perfect statue of the caster. The statue is powered by the life force of a powerful supernatural creature that is bound to the statue and ages for him. The perfect creatures are elementals and of them the earth elemental is preferred.
The statue its self will have 1000 MDC and if powered by an earth elemental will be able to defend its self if attacked. Other then this act of self preservation the statue is for all intents and purposes just a statue and cannot act in any way and if not powered by an earth elemental cannot even do that.
If the statue is destroyed the years are instantly added to the caster and if they are more then the natural life span of his species will kill him instantly. As such these statues are usually well hidden and well guarded.
The magic of the statue will continue even if dimensional distances separate the mage and it.
A side effect of this magic is that the caster will always take on a personality trait of the being trapped in the statue. A fire elemental will give the mage a fiery temper for example.

Temporal Invulnerability

Range: Touch or 10’ per level (line of sight)
Duration: Five minutes plus one pre level of the caster
Limitations: One pound (.5 kg) per level of experience
P.P.E.: 25
Level: Considered a level seven spell

Temporal Invulnerability can make one small object for the duration of the spell impervious to all forms of damage. Objects under the influence of this spell cannot be bent, broken, burnt or harmed in any way but can be moved. A piece of paper cannot be crumpled. A glass cannot be shattered.
Temporal Invulnerability works by taking the object and effectively freezing it in time. The object will feel cold to the touch and the only way for anyone to interact fully with the object while the spell is in effect is through the use of the spell Time Slip.
The spell can be canceled at any time by the caster.

Temporal Reversal

Range: Others by touch only
Duration: Permanent (Reversal five minutes per level)
P.P.E.: 750 (Double for non-temporal O.C.C.s)
Level: Considered a fifteenth level spell

Temporal Reversal or Temporal Regeneration is the only know temporal healing magic in existence. This spell is both rare and powerful. It can even restore life to the recently deceased. It is one of the only known spells in the Megaverse that can revive and fully restore a recently slain individual who has lost major and vital portions of their body such as having the torso or head vaporized.
The spell works by reversing the flow of time on the body causing what looks like instant regeneration of even the most catastrophic wounds. The mage who is casting the spell must concentrate during the entire process of the reversal. If the person’s wounds to be healed were inflicted 15 minutes ago the mage must concentrate 15 minutes for the restoration to progress back that far. If the concentration is interrupted the reversal is stopped at that point with the P.P.E. spent and lost.

Chronometric Bolts

Range: 250 feet per level of experience
Duration: One melee per level of experience
Damage: 2D6 +1 M.D. per level of experience
Saving Throw: Dodge
P.P.E.: 35
Level: Considered a level eight spell

The spell allows the caster to summon forth bolts of pure temporal energy for the duration of the spell. The bolts are purple and have the same consistency as plasma and they are fired from the palms of the hand. Each blast counts as one melee attack/action and is limited by the character’s total number of attacks.
As a side effect of this spell any character struck and survives, even if in body or power armor will need to save versus magic or have their hair (if their species has hair) turned white. This white hair is permanent but will fall out normally and is replaced by hair of the characters normal color gradually over a few months.

Time warp: Rewind

Range: Self only
Saving Throw: Not applicable
P.P.E.: Special entire P.P.E. base. 150 minimum to avoid permanent losses or 50 P.P.E. minimum and a loss of 1 P.E. and 10 P.P.E points permanently
Level: Considered a 12th level spell

Time warp: rewind is a spell of last resort that allows a second chance to perform an action that the caster deems critical. Since it burns all the remaining P.P.E. of the caster only one attempt can be made and can leave the caster nearly defenseless.
The effect of this spell is to place the caster one melee round in to the past (to the beginning of the last round). The caster will have full knowledge of the intended actions of all involved and will have the initiative. Once the caster does something that he did not do the original time, time becomes fluid again and the caster knows nothing of the actions of others.

Temporal Displacement

Range: Self only
Duration: One melee plus one per every 3 levels of the caster
Saving Throw: Not applicable
P.P.E.: 60
Level: Considered a 10th level spell

Temporal displacement puts the image seen of the caster one second into the past. Out of combat this spell does little more than make the caster look like he is in a poorly dubbed movie. In combat this spell is devastating. Granting the caster a +8 bonus to strike, parry, dodge and initiative. The spell is equally effective against electronic means of detection as normal sight. Only the psi power of Presence Sense will have any hope of detecting the casters true position and even then it only cuts the bonuses to S/P/D but not initiative by half.

Stipulation

Range: Self
Duration: 1 Year per level of experience or until activated and cannot be canceled
P.P.E.: 50 plus linked spells and 5 P.P.E. per linked spell upon activation
Level: 8

This ritual spell is an add on spell that when cast can be linked to any spell that affects the caster and can be activated when the trigger that was decided upon when the spell is first cast happens. The trigger for the spell is only limited by the imagination of the caster. It can be set for when the mage is attacked, when the mage snaps his fingers, or when some one targets him/her with a gun. Virtually anything. A mage with the psi power sixth sense can set the trigger to go off when he/she senses danger if they want. The mage my cast one Stipulation at level one and gains a additional casting at levels 5,10 and 15. The amounts of linked spells are one at first level and one more at levels 4,8,12 and 15.
For example a 1st level mage can have on active Stipulation with one spell set to activate. A 5th level mage can have two active Stipulations which each can activate two spells.
Last edited by Dr. Doom III on Sun May 18, 2008 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

That light green text is very difficult to read.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Re:

What level spell was this?
Dr. Doom III
Knight

GhostKnight wrote:That light green text is very difficult to read.

Not when you have a black background like all the cool kids. :P
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Re:

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

What level spell was this?

The first two guesses would be,
Level Have to Fast Talk your GM.
or
Level Unatainium

Other wise it would be about level 7 or 9.
Side note: the target does make the save, its the one how want the fight who make the save.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Dr. Doom III wrote:Been a while since Doom's Temporal Spells have seen the light of day so here they are again.

]Null Time Barrier

Range: 10’ per level of experience
Duration: 10 minutes per level of experience
Level: Considered a Level 11 spell

The Null Time Barrier creates an area of frozen time for the duration of the spell. The area covers a maximum size of a 10-foot cube per level to as little as a 1-foot cube. The size is determined by the caster upon completion of the spell and once set cannot be altered.
The barrier will freeze anything that fully enters the area of effect stopping it dead in space/time. The magic is such that any energy weapons fired into the area are instantly negated and when the spell wares off the momentum of any objects in the area (including projectiles) will be lost and fall harmlessly to the ground. Of course any explosive devices will then detonate as normal (on impact with the ground or when the timer runs out).
Any individuals caught in the barrier will feel disoriented when the effect wares of and if walking or running when entering will drop to their knees and be at half bonuses and attacks for one melee round.
This spell is often used to thwart pursuers and sometimes if the caster is feeling malicious he may toss grenades into the area for a nasty surprise when the duration elapses.
A mage using Time Slip can pass through this barrier like it was not even there.

...snip

What a time stopped area would look and act like. It would look like an area of absolute darkness. It would be absolutely hard and nothing could enter it, being stopped by the non-time flow. however, all the radiant energy shot at it stops at the surface of the time-stop area. The bad part of a time stop is that at the end of the time stop, all the radiant energy that was fired at it is, in an instant, set back into a time flow going the direction it was going. Radiant energy would include all lasers, microwaves and the heat flares, from Plasma weapons, explosions, normal fires... and even magic like a fireball or lightning blast (not call lighting) or any sort of blast of magical energy that has to travel through the time-stop area.
Any and all Kinetic attacks against the time stop area will bounce off in some form. this includes all ancient weapons, firearms, rail-guns, Ion weapons, the plasma from plasma weapons, and any radiation form that is really a high V mass.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:What a time stopped area would look and act like. It would look like an area of absolute darkness. It would be absolutely hard and nothing could enter it, being stopped by the non-time flow. however, all the radiant energy shot at it stops at the surface of the time-stop area. The bad part of a time stop is that at the end of the time stop, all the radiant energy that was fired at it is, in an instant, set back into a time flow going the direction it was going. Radiant energy would include all lasers, microwaves and the heat flares, from Plasma weapons, explosions, normal fires... and even magic like a fireball or lightning blast (not call lighting) or any sort of blast of magical energy that has to travel through the time-stop area.
Any and all Kinetic attacks against the time stop area will bounce off in some form. this includes all ancient weapons, firearms, rail-guns, Ion weapons, the plasma from plasma weapons, and any radiation form that is really a high V mass.

Yeah but this is *MAGIC* :P
-George Orwell
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Carpet of Pwnage.
Level 13
Range: 20'
Duration: 5 min.per level
PPE: 70
This spell causes all the stuff with-in range of the caster to appear desierable and owned by the mage. If a passerbyer fails his/her saving throw is drawn to something near the mage and makes the mage an off on the item. If the deals go down quikly an unscupulus mage could sell out a vender's stall while the vendor makes a restroom break.

Thanks to Evil Psychologist for sparking the idea.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”