A spell to ponder

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Isn't there a Deathword spell that is cheaper and lower level, that could have been used as a basis for this? What's the range of your spell?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

There is no death spell, so how can this be a lesser version?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

It sounds like Life Drain
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

rungok wrote:1st edition?
sure there is.

allright. checked. Your right :)

Death does 1d6 damage per level

How is suddenly cutting their health in half, LESSER?

Nice avatar, By the way... :D :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

rungok wrote::D Me? Why, thank you!

I wanted it to not be a number of dice thing. My Gm is too much into the 'bigger badder, more dice of damage' types of spells so i wanted to make something more status effect-ey.

And yes. death is technicly a status effect. Sorta. You need a priest to fix it like almost all the others!

I had the idea to make a spell that can be ridiculously useless to low level and HP/SDC enemies, but is a threat to more powerful creatures like Dragons and creatures of tremendous SDC. Though it wouldnt kill them outright it would make them seriously consider respecting you a little more. I also had in mind a spell that reduces AR by a point per cast up to your level in casts, but i havent decipher magic'd it all yet.

interesting...but still dosn't answer the question of how that's "lesser".

Really, I don't mind the spell, but it should be at least level 12 or 14 with a 200 PPE cost :)

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

rungok wrote:Okay maybe lesser isnt the correct word. How about 'Totally personally Pimped out version' work? :-P

kay.

:)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”