Weapon Mage Item Creation

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

1) Not really. The spell/class is mostly meant to create alchemist-like items for the most part.

2) Actually, I think they start with Ignite Fire and Fuel Flame if I'm not mistaken.

3) I don't see why not.

4) Well, if you combine the blade master's spell with the abilities of the enchant weapon major, then you're pretty much able to make greater-rune weapon equivolent magic weapons, however they'd cost more than most spells of legend ppe wise.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Wow, I really need Rifter 10 and 23 now.
Ahulane
Explorer

Unread post by Ahulane »

The limitation for the Weapon Mage OCC's weapon creation ability is that you only gain it at 15th level plus it costs a whopping 1000 PPE. In addition to those requirements if you read the description, I believe it states that if you want to imbue the weapon with abilities from the list it presents or give it the ability to cast spells, you have to cast the spells you want at the weapon plus if you want to cast the spell more than one time you need to cast the spell on the weapon for each time you want to use it. Example, cast Call Lightning on the weapon during creation you'd need 1000 PPE plus the PPE for call lightning (30?) and that would give you 1 cast. Want more? well the you'll have to dish out the extra PPE to keep casting Call Lightning into the weapon.

Another draw back is that the spells are permanently cast at the level you cast them into the weapon and you can't "re-forge" or temper the weapons once their made, so don't mess up. Really though the Weapon Mage OCC is pretty uber if you can actually make it to 15th level since their PPE base is the most out of any OCC in existence as far as I know. Though I'm not 100% on any of this as I don't have my books in front of me but I am almost certain those are the stipulations to their OCC. Their weapons are also in a whole different category of their own pretty much since none of their abilities are common among any magic items you typically find.

I don't believe you'd be able to mix the two spells together for the Blade Mage and Weapon Mage, just like you wouldn't be able to mix it with Mystic Kuznya crafting abilities. They are unique to each class and all 3 of which have very specific requirements that make them fairly difficult to interact as far as "mixing magics."

You could though however if you were able to be a Blade Mage to start, get to like level 10, find a Weapon Mage willing to train you for like 30 years and then teach you the spell when you reached 15th level. Then just use the spell modification/creation rules in the Nightbane book Through the Glass Darkly and have your character make his own variation on the spell (probably take him a long time though).
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

look into the Nur dwarf in DBoNA, they have a rune smith occ that is functionally the same as teh mystic kynzia occ.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”