partial spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

partial spells

Unread post by shiiv-a »

alright .. so the topic header is a tad strange, BUT bear with me here

you have a super minor mageling, who is the daughter of a long line of similar typed minor magelings.

end result, it would be the partial equivilalent to what would be termed 'hedgewytch' [yes the topic was raised in the PF forum thats why i wondered about the spell part here ]

those spells, which are handed down from generation to generation .. and taught from childhood and up would not be available for the 'serious' mages .. but is in fact geared more for the setting of bones so that the healing can progress at a slightly faster rate ... so instead of 8 - 16 weeks .. it would be more like 6 - 12 weeks. as long as the 'wytch' continued to do the minor incantation and made the patient drink the teas and the lotions were applied ..

now the part that interests me ... WHICH mage OCC would actually show an avid interest in aquireing these 'partial' spells .. as all they really are is a combination of cantrip, tea/broth and a lotion ...

opinions?
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Shaman from High Seas; seems to be right up their alley. I've also got something that I included in the MoM manuscript that would be perfect for this that, unfortunately, I can't talk about.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

*has that book and takes a boo at it*
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

Dumb Dwarf wrote:Aye I would agree with the quirks, but that is understandable because they really are performing magic, just at a 0 level. I would probably make it so that ambient PPE ties into the ingredients. For example, I am making a tea that will cause you to heal without scarring. For this I need to pick x type of leaves, but if I pick x leaves by the light of a full moon, then the tea will heal you at twice the normal rate, or if I pick x leaves near the foutain up on the mountain (a nexus) then the tea will heal the person immediately.

cool ideas. glad you mentioned them. i think you got the idea i was trying to go after.

others see the start and then glance and move on. you put thought into that, i respect it.

legend has it that the druids would have better luck with mistletoe being harvested with a gold sickle on the night of a full moon. they had to cut it off in one cut, then beat it to the ground and catch it in a silver bowl ... for the strongest effect. it could be cut with a silver sickle for a medium effect, but if cut with something else or if it hits the ground .. there is little effect it will do in the use.

but hey, thats legend. so, you get the idea. congrats to you for bringing that idea up.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Definitely do the new OCC. It might be work but it will be so worth it in getting what you want out of the character.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”