Pyramids and Great Triangles

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Pyramids and Great Triangles

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Ok, so one of the great triangles (the Mediterranean one) is "landlocked".... that is, all of its verticies are on or near land.

What would happen if you put a (large/medium/small) pyramid on each of those nexi/lines?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
King Chopper
Explorer

Unread post by King Chopper »

Just think of the P.P.E. you could suck up with that!
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

I could finally build that alternate universe I've been wanting
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

burgler81
Explorer

Unread post by burgler81 »

I may have to try that, suddenly I'm getting all kinds of ideas of how my current character could use that. :demon:
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

My guess is that first of all, the instablility of the triangle would be curbed considerably, and secondly, well... I think after that I'd depend on how you wanted to use all that power.
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

An item of such power would be guarded and protected, but oh the possibilities and wars to be fought over it!
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Pyramids and Great Triangles

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mark Hall wrote:Ok, so one of the great triangles (the Mediterranean one) is "landlocked".... that is, all of its verticies are on or near land.

What would happen if you put a (large/medium/small) pyramid on each of those nexi/lines?

You'd get three Pyramids.

Nekira ~ Eating a tastey burrito.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The Great Pyramids are actually believed to be built in a spiral pattern which leads to the lost Tomb of Hermes, a.k.a.Thoth. The location corresponds to what is believed to be a global chakra, which would be the mother of all nodes. Stonehenge, however, is built on a ley line with several other locations forming a triangle as you propose here. Stonehenge is also believed to be a global chakra.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Ok, so one of the great triangles (the Mediterranean one) is "landlocked".... that is, all of its verticies are on or near land.

Very good Nekira. However, since you're now controlling the nexi and ley lines which make up the nastiness of one of the Demon Triangles, what would be the impact on the Demon Triangle to have its power subverted?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mark Hall wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Very good Nekira. However, since you're now controlling the nexi and ley lines which make up the nastiness of one of the Demon Triangles, what would be the impact on the Demon Triangle to have its power subverted?

Same powers as normal?

Basically, same level of control: You can shut down random dimensional shifts and control the weather.

Anyway, I would ALSO give the pyramids a higher PPE base and triple the MDC.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”