Spell to Create an Astral Realm

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

You may be thinking of the Spatial Mage from Rifter #3. That's not exactly an "astral" realm, but it's similar enough one could use it that way.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Do you mean like a pocket dimension within the Astral Plane?
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Play an Astral Lord or Mage from Nightbane book I: Between the Shadows. They have the ability to create an Astral Realm and it's not a spell that I recall unless it's in a rifter.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Spell to Create an Astral Realm

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

cougro wrote:I am looking for the spell to create an astral realm. I have seen it in one of the many books, but have been unable to locate it. Any help would be appreciated.

It's not a spell, it's an OCC, the Astral Mage, and they are the ONLY spellcasters that can do it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
verdilak
Adventurer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
cougro wrote:I am looking for the spell to create an astral realm. I have seen it in one of the many books, but have been unable to locate it. Any help would be appreciated.

It's not a spell, it's an OCC, the Astral Mage, and they are the ONLY spellcasters that can do it.

But Psionics seem to be able to. There is no Psionic ability per se, but in the HU2 GM's Guide, in the advture, There's Not a Star in the Sky, 4+ Psionics (don't have it with my atm) created a pocket dimension in the Astral Realm.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

verdilak wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

But Psionics seem to be able to. There is no Psionic ability per se, but in the HU2 GM's Guide, in the advture, There's Not a Star in the Sky, 4+ Psionics (don't have it with my atm) created a pocket dimension in the Astral Realm.

Yes, there is the Astral Lord OCC, which is a psychic that can do about the same things. Astral mages are the only spellcasters, Astral Lords are the only psionists.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
verdilak
Adventurer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
verdilak wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Yes, there is the Astral Lord OCC, which is a psychic that can do about the same things. Astral mages are the only spellcasters, Astral Lords are the only psionists.

Well, I didn't mean the Astral Lord OCC. I meant normal psionics, since in that adventure, it doesn't state that any of the psionics are a specific psionic, just that it took all of their ISP to make it, along with using the ISP from everyone else in the Pocket Dimension.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

verdilak wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
verdilak wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Well, I didn't mean the Astral Lord OCC. I meant normal psionics, since in that adventure, it doesn't state that any of the psionics are a specific psionic, just that it took all of their ISP to make it, along with using the ISP from everyone else in the Pocket Dimension.

Then it's just a typical case of NPC's breaking rules. Ignore it.

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
verdilak wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
verdilak wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Then it's just a typical case of NPC's breaking rules. Ignore it.

There's nothing to say that the beings in question were not Astral Lords (of course, there's nothing to say they were, either). It's just a plot device, so book-legality was not an issue.

But to get back on track, there is no canonical spell that can create an Astral Realm. Just about anyone with the ability to use P.P.E. can aid in the creation of an Astral realm, but the actual construction can only be performed by an Astral Lord, Astral Mage, Millek, or Night Avatar, all of whom have this power as an innate O.C.C./P.C.C./R.C.C. ability (GMs may of course extend this ability to powerful gods and other supernatural beings as well).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:...there is no canonical spell that can create an Astral Realm...
However there is a non-"canon" spell:

Rifter #9, page 38: Build Astral Domain.
acreRake
Hero

Sorry i didn't show up earlier :D :roll:
It's actually not a bad little spell, the balancing limitations are well thought out (i thought).
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

gadrin wrote:Hmmm, I'm not certain but I think the example in the Rifter is wrong about the permanent loss of PPE.

If the mage is 12th level, shouldn't the "normal duration period" be 12 days (not 12 hours). Okay, small mistake, most mages won't make it.

Damn, for certain situations, having an Astral Domain for a few days could be quite an asset.

Shifters and Temporal Raiders/mages would love this spell.

No, i'm pretty sure hours is what the author ment.

Nekira Sudacne -- not above interpreting non-cannonal authors intent either :D

acreRake
Hero

OF COURSE it's days, geez.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”