Opinions on a CS mind melter

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Personally, I like to use the Super-Spy (Psionic option) from Mercenaries for that role. It's a good blend of a MindMelter jr and military skills. Just write a different backstory and you're good to go.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

I like your idea. But IMO the whole "psychics rely on their psionics to the exclusion of other skills" is only for those that are either A) satisfied with having to rely on their psionics B) never had a good oportunity to learn other skills C) wern't forced to learn other skills either by an employer or by a "sensi" of the psionic arts.

So while reducing psionics and ISP to offset skills is fine IMO there is no reason why a full on MM level psychic couldn't be trained as a commando or ninja or whatever and retain all his psi power and ISP.

To use Star Wars as an anology, It would be silly to take a person who is strong in the force and only training them to use the force while excluding other skills.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:But like I tell everyone, you give a psyonisist analytical chemistry and they can take over whole planets.

How do ya figure?
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Dracurian wrote:
asajosh wrote:
Gravitus Everlast wrote:But like I tell everyone, you give a psyonisist analytical chemistry and they can take over whole planets.

How do ya figure?

Have you met any analytical chemists?

They are a bit pecular, it takes a certain mind to do it, a mind that looks at things in ways that should not be used! A mind that makes psycology students wimper & hide in darkened rooms sucking their thumbs!
8-)

Ahh, Dark Thinkers, I gotcha :ok:
I don't still don't see how that qaulifies one to be a planetary despot. :P :D
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I've always seen a Mind Melter as a "power behind the throne" kind of guy. More fun for them to manipulate rather then dictate :D
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Point I was making is that as a mind melter with anyalytical chemistry... or a zapper or a chi wizard or what ever... WITH ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY they become aware of the potential energy and chemistry that is around them at all times. With analytical chemistry the psychic now becomes aware that wind works by the mosture in the air that keeps it cool, evaporates with heat and now colder air can surge in. With A.C. they discover that you can make dynamite out of soap, sugar and salt by puting it in a TK bubble, spinning it real fast inside and then TK accelerate it at your target. How about space expansion? I put you in an air tight TK bubble and then expand it without letting anymore air in... I've just "SPACED" someone on planet. That wouldn't be possible unless you knew that space is a vacuum. Or that if you electrify water its mollecules split and you now have its base elements, Oxygen, a highly acidic gas, and hydrogen, a highly explosive gas. Now add pyrokinesis or electokinesis and the party has just started. And all of this can be done with simple mental actions. Those mental actions take less than an acctual action and I have 11 actions a round and a round is only 15 seconds... See where I'm going with this? Have fun kiddies!

Ya I get it.
Good luck finding an Analytical Chemist in Rifts Earth, or people with even a basic understanding of chemistry. :D
Carl

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

asajosh wrote:
Gravitus Everlast wrote:Point I was making is that as a mind melter with anyalytical chemistry... or a zapper or a chi wizard or what ever... WITH ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY they become aware of the potential energy and chemistry that is around them at all times. With analytical chemistry the psychic now becomes aware that wind works by the mosture in the air that keeps it cool, evaporates with heat and now colder air can surge in. With A.C. they discover that you can make dynamite out of soap, sugar and salt by puting it in a TK bubble, spinning it real fast inside and then TK accelerate it at your target. How about space expansion? I put you in an air tight TK bubble and then expand it without letting anymore air in... I've just "SPACED" someone on planet. That wouldn't be possible unless you knew that space is a vacuum. Or that if you electrify water its mollecules split and you now have its base elements, Oxygen, a highly acidic gas, and hydrogen, a highly explosive gas. Now add pyrokinesis or electokinesis and the party has just started. And all of this can be done with simple mental actions. Those mental actions take less than an acctual action and I have 11 actions a round and a round is only 15 seconds... See where I'm going with this? Have fun kiddies!

Ya I get it.
Good luck finding an Analytical Chemist in Rifts Earth, or people with even a basic understanding of chemistry. :D
Oh there are lots out there. Who do you think develops propellent for minimissles and whatnot?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Thinyser wrote:
asajosh wrote:

Ya I get it.
Oh there are lots out there. Who do you think develops propellent for minimissles and whatnot?

Ahh their all just following a pre-Rifts recipe for propellant :)
Carl

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

asajosh wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
asajosh wrote:

Ya I get it.

Ahh their all just following a pre-Rifts recipe for propellant :)
Ok you got me :oops:

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”