Supernatural endurance

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Talavar
Hero

Supernatural endurance

Unread post by Talavar »

A number of characters, mainly the supernatural and creatures of magic, are stated as having supernatural endurance. Now, the spell 'supernatural endurance' allows you to exert yourself to your maximum for 2 hours with no fatigue; clearly that can't just apply to any character with inherent supernatural endurance, or the PE number becomes moot. I've been able to find a lot of information, both in the books and online about supernatural strength, but what about supernatural endurance? How long would it allow a character to exert itself at its maximum?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Supernatural endurance

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Talavar wrote:A number of characters, mainly the supernatural and creatures of magic, are stated as having supernatural endurance. Now, the spell 'supernatural endurance' allows you to exert yourself to your maximum for 2 hours with no fatigue; clearly that can't just apply to any character with inherent supernatural endurance, or the PE number becomes moot. I've been able to find a lot of information, both in the books and online about supernatural strength, but what about supernatural endurance? How long would it allow a character to exert itself at its maximum?

It varies. Seriously, palladium has almost a dozen different definitions of what it can do.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

I've found that as PE is concerned if it's a natural ability you get the statistical bonus. If it's just he spell like superhuman or supernatural you just get endurance.

If you wanted to take the spell like the ability you'd have to say that you'd gain something like x SDC/MDC for n hours. While that would be nice, it's something that I don't really think makes a lot of sense. Yes there are RCCs that can up their SDC/MDC as desired but it's a trait that is just that, from their RCC.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Wow, that FAQ archive had a lot of different versions all right. Thanks for that. Since there's no hard and fast rule then, what do some people use for relatively human characters that happen to have supernatural PE?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The way I've used SNPE is that unless otherwise stated, the char w/SNPE does not get fatigued, unless the GM says so. This does not mean they don't need sleep. Just that...like.....they are like the energizer bunny, can keep running on &on&on...w/o stoping and never get fatigued.

As for becomeing MDC in rifts......well most of the convertions are covered in the convertion books already. Ok OK I'm done spouting off....
;)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Talavar wrote:Wow, that FAQ archive had a lot of different versions all right. Thanks for that. Since there's no hard and fast rule then, what do some people use for relatively human characters that happen to have supernatural PE?

Supernatural PE means never gets tired or worn out. Does need sleep unless otherwise stated, however.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Where's the no sleep coming from? Neither muscles nor the cardiovascular system require sleep to recover, any kind of rest or inactivity will do. Although the body takes advantage of the inactivity of sleep, its your mind that needs sleep most of all. People who cant sleep first and foremost become mentally slow, sluggish, and irritable. If they dont get sleep for too long they start having hallucinations. And if they go even longer, insanities begin to develop.
Those aren't the kind of symptoms you fight off with high PE, those are the kinds of symptoms you fight of with high ME. Why would supernatural PE help you fight them off or keep them from occuring?
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nethel wrote:I think it was best done in the movie Dragon Heart: Ha dragon i can stay awake for three days without sleep... and I can stay awake for three weeks.

*Then an adult dragon chimes in* "I can stay awake for three Years"
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”