A question regarding Psi-Mystics from PF

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

A question regarding Psi-Mystics from PF

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Okay, I don't know why this only just occured to me, but I just know there are a lot of knowledgeable folk out there that can assist me with finding an answer. In regard to Psi-Mystics and the use of their arts. I know that psionics are cast with the speed of thought, but what about their magic? Is the spoken word still needed for that, as it is from Wizards? I would think that might make them a little uneven as far as using their abilities in combat. This has always been my favorite class as far as mages go, and will probably remain so after this thread, I'm just curious how it works. Thanks y'all. 8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Their magic is cast at the same speed as other magic; with the publishing of the RUE, it's safe to assume that the Megaversal speed for spells is now 1 action if spell level is less than 7. The MoM manuscript talks about speeding up spellcasting, and a couple of the methods are specific to spellcasters who are also psychics.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

MrNexx wrote:Their magic is cast at the same speed as other magic; with the publishing of the RUE, it's safe to assume that the Megaversal speed for spells is now 1 action if spell level is less than 7. The MoM manuscript talks about speeding up spellcasting, and a couple of the methods are specific to spellcasters who are also psychics.

Thanx Nexx. Can always count on you for a good answer to a potentially stupid question, lol. By the way, this question was inspired by your write-up on magic combat from your web site. Just thought I should mention that. (Nice work, by the way.)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Actually, I've play-tested that stuff. It works OK, provided you in no way allow them to be combined. Check out the character Harakhamis Arimi Acheran for what can happen when you combine them... he had save bonuses somewhere around 21 vs. spells, wards, or circles, and only some of that was due to his Atlantean nature.

It's an old idea that needs to be revisited or heavily revised.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”