Magical Psyonics virsus

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Magical Psyonics virsus

Unread post by MrMom »

I was also wondering if it would be possible to make a virsus that targets Magical beings or Psyonic beings??
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

The organism itself would have to be magical in nature, most likely a P.P.E. vampire style organism a la Mystic Leeches. So long as there was a viable way to make it target P.P.E. or I.S.P. laden being, it could be done.

If you're talking just magic users or psionic users, that would be difficult. There is no inherent difference between them and others. It would have to be actual Creature of Magic or pure psionic essences that were targetted for it to be truly selective.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

well their is a difference in them one uses P.P.E and the other uses I.S.P. now the average guy doesnt have a lot but Magic users and Psys have lots or am i wrong?
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

MrMom wrote:well their is a difference in them one uses P.P.E and the other uses I.S.P. now the average guy doesnt have a lot but Magic users and Psys have lots or am i wrong?

That is simply the use and development of potential, it is not a genetic difference. Viruses target specific genetics, therefore, you need a genetic difference to specify your target.

Creatures of Magic are genetically different, so they're a logical viral target. Normal mundane magic users are just normal mundane people genetically, so they aren't a logical viral target.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

then why dont all humans have psioncs if there is no gentic difference???

(sorry for bad spelling am pretty tired)
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

MrMom wrote:then why dont all humans have psioncs if there is no gentic difference???

(sorry for bad spelling am pretty tired)

A fair question, for which I don't have a rock-solid answer.

Personally, I always have looked at it simply as "some people have it, some people don't" in the same way I'd suggest that for sports, singing pitch, imagination, artistic ability, and a hundred other things. I consider it mostly a matter of personal effort to develop potential, the same way as magic.

I.S.P. is formed from the focusing of P.P.E. towards certain purposes, and that key word in P.P.E., "potential," tells me it's something everybody has but only some use.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Playing sports or singing or Playing a musical instrument is different than useing Psoincs any one can play sports unless they are crippled physicaly now some people are better than others but everyone can do it. Not everyone can use psonics it is different.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

you could make a bug that feed off the PPE of the psycic ppl.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

yes but just eating their P.P.E would not kill them.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

For mages and those being that use PPE for their powers, it would cripple them. Now if it also consumed Chi then it would eventually kill them....becasue the body uses its Chi to heal itself, and if it has no Chi there is no healing.

But you didn't say you wanted a Killing Virus, you just said one that targeted Magical or PSI beings. Besides if this would be a 'natural' virus it would of develpoed to keep the host alive a long time as to have a greater chance of passing itself along to other hosts.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”