Transferal

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

The spell transfers all your power so one would expect that it would not be in the mages power to cancel it. However, I would allow mages to set a specific time for the spell to wear off withen the limits of the spells total duration.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Prince Artemis wrote:The spell transfers all your power so one would expect that it would not be in the mages power to cancel it. However, I would allow mages to set a specific time for the spell to wear off withen the limits of the spells total duration.

That would be my own take on it. A sort of pre-set condition as it were. Otherwise its an extremely powerful spell. Again though there is still some argument that the mage would still have some form of control over it somehow.

But thats highly debateable I think.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Kesslan wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:The spell transfers all your power so one would expect that it would not be in the mages power to cancel it. However, I would allow mages to set a specific time for the spell to wear off withen the limits of the spells total duration.

That would be my own take on it. A sort of pre-set condition as it were. Otherwise its an extremely powerful spell. Again though there is still some argument that the mage would still have some form of control over it somehow.

If he still has some control over it, then the spell would be useless since all dog boys and psi-stalkers would be able to smell the 'still active spell' on him.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Prince Artemis wrote:
Kesslan wrote:

If he still has some control over it, then the spell would be useless since all dog boys and psi-stalkers would be able to smell the 'still active spell' on him.

Not necessarily. Dogboys and Psi-Stalkers are not quite as sensitive to magic as some people assume. There are some things even their senses cannot detect. And even then, just becuase they have the ability to sense things like psionics and magic, doesnt mean they actually -will-. There's a reason all those senses are based on a percentile die roll. It's the same deal with Battlecats who are slightly less sensitive.

Also does the spell say that it cant be detected when in use by say.. a dog boy? It could be that it is I'm not sure I'd have to track it down and read the exact description again.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”