TW Appliances

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

TW Appliances

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

Im making a Techno-Wizard and this would be my very first magic character ever... and Im trying to come up with the components, gems, and spell chains needed for common household appliances, such as TW Coffee Machine, Washing Machine, Microwave, etc =) Basically I want my TW to make these cool items. Any help would be appreciated.
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: TW Appliances

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

NovenTheHero wrote:Im making a Techno-Wizard and this would be my very first magic character ever... and Im trying to come up with the components, gems, and spell chains needed for common household appliances, such as TW Coffee Machine, Washing Machine, Microwave, etc =) Basically I want my TW to make these cool items. Any help would be appreciated.

Those only need basic TW conversion, really. Blinding Flash+energy bolt should power the whole gamut. prehaps create water for washing machine and coffe machine, but that'd be about it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

NovenTheHero wrote:Im making a Techno-Wizard and this would be my very first magic character ever... and Im trying to come up with the components, gems, and spell chains needed for common household appliances, such as TW Coffee Machine, Washing Machine, Microwave, etc =) Basically I want my TW to make these cool items. Any help would be appreciated.

As Nekira said, all you need to do is to convert them over to Techno-Wizardry instead of electricity.

If you want to make them fancier, I suggest building Time Slip in as one of the spells.
That way your coffee/clothes/potato/whatever gets done, from your perspective, instantly.

The MacGuffin in one of our early Rifts games was a TW toaster with this feature (among others)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

I was thinking you could modify the Create Bread and Milk spell with the Nightbane rules, and have Create Coffee. Add that with Create Water and Fire Bolt. Would be a very expensive coffee machine since the gem requirements are high =)
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shotgun Jolly »

Killer Cyborg wrote:That way your coffee/clothes/potato/whatever gets done, from your perspective, instantly.

Oh gosh... wouldnt that be such a cool thing in real life.. a "instant perked" coffee.... :rolleyes:

Why can't this be somthing real for once!
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
by the ShotGun Jolly account.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

NovenTheHero wrote:I was thinking you could modify the Create Bread and Milk spell with the Nightbane rules, and have Create Coffee. Add that with Create Water and Fire Bolt. Would be a very expensive coffee machine since the gem requirements are high =)

Build it and SOMEbody will buy it, out of sheer snob factor or impulse buying(especially true of fat wallets and inheritance-billionaires). If not in North America, then on Atlantis...Another reason to set up shop at the Dimensional Market...greater chance of being able to sell off your insane idea... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:If you had the knack you could even put a clensing spell on the clothes themselves using the buttons or clasps or even zippers, then they'd be clean and so would you every time you put them on.

Word. :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Coffee maker

Water to Hot Coffee (modified water to wine spell)
Clean (modified Cleanse spell that just does dishes)
etc...
[note: the most important part of making coffee is starting with a Clean Pot]

Washing machine
Cleanse
etc...

Microwave
Nuke it (modified power bolt spell to warm up/cook food)
etc...

Security system
watchgaurd and/or mystic alarm
horrific illusion
Apperition
light target
etc...

Hot water tank
Creaate water (water dump or Trough of Water could be substitued)
heat water (modifed heat metal spell)
etc...

camp fire stove
cookfire (modifed Fire ball spell)
etc...

Sence I still stuck in the better set of TW rules from the main book sence I Don't have rue. So the etc... at the end of each list of spells are those other spells needed and the physical components.

Remember with the Megaversal Spell Creation and Modification Rules found in the "Through the Glass Darkly", when you take away certain powers or make the spell more specifice one of the three things happen: the PPE cost goes down, the duration inncreases, the range inncreases.

In other words if you start limiting the spell below your example/benchmark spell it will let you set other paramiters greater then the example/benchmark spell.

May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Tenupate wrote:
I'm particularly fond of a previous TW-related entry about a dehydrator (jerky or dried foods) using Dessicate the Supernatural

Snap into a SN Slim Jim, OH YEAH!! :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”