Sniper+Astral Projection=?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

hmm, leave yourself even more helpless because your too cheap to hire a spotter.... interesting.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

rat_bastard wrote:hmm, leave yourself even more helpless because your too cheap to hire a spotter.... interesting.

:lol:
You have a point Mr. Bastard
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Max™ wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:hmm, leave yourself even more helpless because your too cheap to hire a spotter.... interesting.

:lol:
You have a point Mr. Bastard

Again, Palladium Fantasy setting, cloak of invisibility.

The point of this would be the ability to spot for yourself, do everything from a distance, and involve as few people as possible in it, a spotter is an added thread to deal with.

hmm well you posted your further description seconds before mine hit (and evidently after I had already started typing the "you have a point" line because that other post of your's wasn't there)

That said I never think of a "sniper" as being a PF longbowman, though a longbowman assassin with astral projection would be an interesting character.

For a normal "sniper" (ie one that uses a firearm or in rifts an energy weapon) there are probably much more usefull abilities than AP, but as far as "character concept" I give you an "A".
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

sorry about the snarky response, but leaving yourself helpless in a combat situation is never good - even if you cannot easily be seen. Besides you know right when you have the ideal shot at the CS commander's unprotected head thats when you will botch the find my body roll and a robot vehicle steps on your unmanned body...
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

sorry about the snarky response, but leaving yourself helpless in a combat situation is never good - even if you cannot easily be seen. Besides you know right when you have the ideal shot at the CS commander's unprotected head thats when you will botch the find my body roll and a robot vehicle steps on your unmanned body... now a Spotter who goes astral, that I like but keep your triggerman out of it.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Ummm... how are you standing and Astrally Projecting? Or lying down and using a longbow? Because you can't combine those.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”