HU Godlings vs Rifts Godlings

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

londonbaz

HU Godlings vs Rifts Godlings

Unread post by londonbaz »

Seems to me that HU Godlings from PU2 have the potential to be far more powerful statisically than Rifts ones, but that Rifts Godlings have the potential to be more powerful Psionically and / or magically than HU2 ones. Would you all agree with that?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: HU Godlings vs Rifts Godlings

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

londonbaz wrote:Seems to me that HU Godlings from PU2 have the potential to be far more powerful statisically than Rifts ones, but that Rifts Godlings have the potential to be more powerful Psionically and / or magically than HU2 ones. Would you all agree with that?

In a nutshell: Yep, pretty much how it goes there.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

I don't know about that... Given that the Rifts Godlings can choose 3 deific powers, there is a lot of room to tweak. If you took, say, the MAGIC power twice, you might end up with a Godling Murder Mage/Warborn (possibly one of the most lethal magical combatants I can think of).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Godling get to choose an OCC after the power selection is finished (I don't have my books here). This suggests to me that, going the MAGIC route again, you could choose Warlock powers from three of the four elements, and then choose the fourth as your OCC... making you a Full-Spectrum Warlock (I like that... I think I'll keep using it).

Sure super-powers are fun, and a bit broken if used properly... but you're talking about a class that can be a Mage, a Master Psychic AND Have general supernatural abilities before choosing an actual OCC.

That sounds pretty powerful to me.
londonbaz

IIRC Godling in Rifts is pretty much an RCC, but I may be wrong.

You can get the Full Spectrum Warlock effect by taking Magic twice and choosing dual aspect warlocks both times... and still have a choice left over!

MDC wise there is no comparison at all... rolling up a Godling in HU, munchkinising it to absurd levels with APS metal, Tremendous SDC etc, and you actually get a character more tankish than a Norse giant... which is rather impressive in my book.

Basically, from what I can see, if you want a warrior type Godling, go the HU route, and if you want a Wizardly one, go Rifts. Psionics is somewhat evenly split I think.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

filo_clarke wrote:I don't know about that... Given that the Rifts Godlings can choose 3 deific powers, there is a lot of room to tweak. If you took, say, the MAGIC power twice, you might end up with a Godling Murder Mage/Warborn (possibly one of the most lethal magical combatants I can think of).

Unoffical OCC's don't have much bearing on this combination

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Godling get to choose an OCC after the power selection is finished (I don't have my books here). This suggests to me that, going the MAGIC route again, you could choose Warlock powers from three of the four elements, and then choose the fourth as your OCC... making you a Full-Spectrum Warlock (I like that... I think I'll keep using it).

Your off. the Demigod gets 1 Power selection and can pick an OCC. the Godling gets 3 powers and no OCC, just the RCC skills. Essentially Demigod is a template that can be added to other races while the godling is an RCC in and of itself like dragons.

Sure super-powers are fun, and a bit broken if used properly... but you're talking about a class that can be a Mage, a Master Psychic AND Have general supernatural abilities before choosing an actual OCC.

That sounds pretty powerful to me.

It is.

Now, compare that to a Godling, that can ONLY be killed in 1 of 3 ways. Decapitation and seperation of head and body for 100 years, being incinerated, or having more than 1/3 of the body destroyed in an immensly powerful blast.

Now for power selections.

Godling Immortal (PU2)

Dosn't need to eat, drink, or breath to live
Mega Immortality: can only be killed by total inceneration, having head cut off (and then body takes 100 years to actually die), and total atomization/vaporization. body will endlessly and scarlessly regenerate and never grow old.

and has the following superpowers:
Regeneration: Ultima: makes impervious to disease, total body regneration even if brain dead, including regrowing of head, and even if 100% vaporized/obliterated, can rematerialize 1 level lower than was before twice per life, the second rematerialzation takes 2 levels
CEF: Fire. basically cost-free burster pyrokinesis as well as being tottally impervious to fire, heat, and smoke, including magic ones no matter how intense.
Invunerability: we all know this one. Cannot be harmed by any natural attacks or nonmagial non psionic things
Control Elemetnal Force: Void: lets tack on immune to radiation, cold, and pressure while we're at it. not to mention some damn cool attacks
Sonic Speed: lets tack in fast movements and auto dodge while we're at it shall we?
Multiple Lives: for slightly less HP, can create a new body endlessly after death when nothing is left of the body
Multiple Sleves: spread the love! more of him to go around. although you could, if you choose, go with something else like Super Power punch. This is your freebe, pick whichever one you want.

as a mega hero, he gets his total MDC (around a thousand or so from all that and bonuses as godling immortal), increased by 50%, range on powers increased, healing increased even faster.

but for all that power he needs one weakness. I give him God Syndrome.

So, lets review:

Cannot be incenerated, can be thrown in the heart of a star and be fine.
If thrown into a black hole, he can just use it as a wormhole and escape.
Can regenerate endlessly
Is super fast.

Has a crapload of huge stats.

and has a major power slot to do anything he wants with.

I vote PU2 Godlings for the win :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
londonbaz

And that is why you are known as the Munchkin Fairy :)

Can you run through how you got that multitude of power choices though? I am new to HU and can't really see how you got so many.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

londonbaz wrote:And that is why you are known as the Munchkin Fairy :)

Can you run through how you got that multitude of power choices though? I am new to HU and can't really see how you got so many.

The immortal has a "grows in power with age and experiance" option that lets them select 1 major power at first level and 1 more major power at levels 3,6,9,12,15. They also premit you, under the godling, to pick either a another mega power or a major power in it's place, I took the extra major. 7 major powers total, in addition to the Godling's natural abilities.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

gadrin wrote:
Regeneration: Ultima: makes impervious to disease

heh! turns out the Psionic power of Bio-Regeneration does the same thing. :P

and?

londonbaz

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The immortal has a "grows in power with age and experiance" option that lets them select 1 major power at first level and 1 more major power at levels 3,6,9,12,15. They also premit you, under the godling, to pick either a another mega power or a major power in it's place, I took the extra major. 7 major powers total, in addition to the Godling's natural abilities.

Yep - saw that yesterday. Its a nice option.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

you could make your godling a fire/water warlock, earth/air warlock and give it the powers of a ley line walker, that could be pretty munchkin right?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

rat_bastard wrote:you could make your godling a fire/water warlock, earth/air warlock and give it the powers of a ley line walker, that could be pretty munchkin right?

They're godlings, they're SUPPOSED to be powerful. This would just mean that they would be a nature/magic based deity.

Remember folks, while both are incredibly powerful, godlings will attract a lot of attention and are going to end up facing other godlings or even full fledged gods fairly quickly. The important thing about these guys is they have an already built in checks and balances system.
londonbaz

rat_bastard wrote:you could make your godling a fire/water warlock, earth/air warlock and give it the powers of a ley line walker, that could be pretty munchkin right?

I may be incorrect, but i though that you could only take Magic twice as power choices... but I have toyed with that warlock combo a few times theorywise. I think that it comes down to what the Munchkin Fariy helped me see a few posts ago - and that conclusion is that, if you want a Magic based Godling, Rifts is your choice. If you want a combat munchkin, use Heroes. I think Rifts has a slight edge in Psionics too, but relatively slight.

Prince Artemis wrote:They're godlings, they're SUPPOSED to be powerful. This would just mean that they would be a nature/magic based deity.

Remember folks, while both are incredibly powerful, godlings will attract a lot of attention and are going to end up facing other godlings or even full fledged gods fairly quickly. The important thing about these guys is they have an already built in checks and balances system.

You are forgetting the more or less free pass in Splynn to play with too :)
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

yes but with the 4X warlock godling, you have ALL warlock spells at 8th level.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
londonbaz

rat_bastard wrote:yes but with the 4X warlock godling, you have ALL warlock spells at 8th level.

Yep - and all of the other class benefits if the GM allows it (I would).
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.

londonbaz wrote:

I may be incorrect, but i though that you could only take Magic twice as power choices... but I have toyed with that warlock combo a few times theorywise. I think that it comes down to what the Munchkin Fariy helped me see a few posts ago - and that conclusion is that, if you want a Magic based Godling, Rifts is your choice. If you want a combat munchkin, use Heroes. I think Rifts has a slight edge in Psionics too, but relatively slight.

Prince Artemis wrote:They're godlings, they're SUPPOSED to be powerful. This would just mean that they would be a nature/magic based deity.

You are forgetting the more or less free pass in Splynn to play with too :)

Only if you're evil. If you're good your free pass will likely turn into a 'get turned into rune weapon pass' if you annoy the wrong people just by breathing. Remember, splynn isn't open to people of just a certain power level, but also a certain alignment. Good people can still shop there, but they're not going to have an easy time of it.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I will point out that a HU godling has a bear of a XP table, 5000 XP to reach 2nd level when compared to the 2600 the rifts godling needs...
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The Godling can take three options, so can take two Warlock and the Walker. To the best of my recollection, there is no restriction.

Could be wrong, but I don't think I am. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Borast? are you saying it isn't possible or it is possible. Since you get all of the abilities of the warlock, that includes choosing 2 elements to follow, so with two selections of godling you can have all four. Unless of course you were agreeing then this just explains it to those that didn't catch on :D
londonbaz

Prince Artemis wrote:Borast? are you saying it isn't possible or it is possible. Since you get all of the abilities of the warlock, that includes choosing 2 elements to follow, so with two selections of godling you can have all four. Unless of course you were agreeing then this just explains it to those that didn't catch on :D

Warlocks can take two elements at a time at a reduced spell gain rate. Since godlings/demi gods get all possible spells for their level in their spellcasting choices, by selecting, earth/fire and water/air warlock powers as two of the deific choices for a godling, you would have all warlock powers and every warlock spell by level 8. The limitation of reduced spell gain ingherent in a dual-aspect warlock would not apply.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

That's what I said but not in so much detail. Thanks anyway.
londonbaz

Prince Artemis wrote:That's what I said but not in so much detail. Thanks anyway.

lol - read your post first thing this morning before the brain kicked in properly... thought you were asking for clarification. Sorry.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Borast wrote:The Godling can take three options, so can take two Warlock and the Walker. To the best of my recollection, there is no restriction.

You are wrong. it says clearly under the magic power option it can only be taken twice :P

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Borast wrote:The Godling can take three options, so can take two Warlock and the Walker. To the best of my recollection, there is no restriction.

You are wrong. it says clearly under the magic power option it can only be taken twice :P

Yep.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Here are a couple of Rifts style Quad-warlock godlings. This first one is mine.

Name: Gan
Race: Godling
Height: 6’2” to 12’4”
Weight: 200 to 800 Lbs
Skin: Bronze
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond
Level: 9
Alignment: Aberrant

IQ: 35 +18 to skills
ME: 34 +8 vs Psionics +1 vs possession
MA: 26 88% Trust/Intimidate
PS: 48 1d6x10 SDC, 6d6 MD, 2d4x10 MD Lift 4800lbs, carry/throw 2400
PP: 32 +8 to Strike parry and Dodge
PE: 40 +40% to Coma/Death, +10 vs Magic
PB: 29 90% Charm/Impress
Spd: 28 28’/second, 420’/melee, 1680’/minute, 19 Mph,

Attacks per Melee: 9
Initiative: +8
Strike: +12
Auto Bodyflip: +10
Crit Bodyflip on nat: 19 & 20
Parry: +15
Autododge: +1
Dodge: +16
Roll w/ punch/fall: +10
Deathblow on: 18, 19, & 20

MDC: 690
SDC: 500
HP: 228

PPE: 301 +4d6/lvl
ISP: 290 +10/lvl

HtH: Commando
WP: Archery Targeting
WP: Sword
WP: Knife
WP: Paired (Swords or Knives or Sword & knife)
WP: Energy: Pistol
WP: Energy: Rifle
WP: Energy: Heavy
SKILLS

Prowl: 98%
Speak Read & Write:
Pantheon: 98%
Dragonese Elven: 98%
Wolphen: 98%
Speak: Gobbley: 98%
Speak: Demongogian: 98%
Math, Basic: 98%
Land Navigation: 98%
Wilderness Survival: 73%+5%/lvl
ID Plants & Fruits 53%+5%/lvl
Lore:
Demon/Monster: 98%
Magic: 98%
Psionics: 98%
Religion: 98%
Farie: 68%+5%/lvl
Boxing
Kickboxing
Anticipation – Simultaneous attack hits first, doing damage, & causing opponent to miss
Wrestling
Acrobatics
Gymnastics
Sense of balance: 98%
Backflip: 98%
Climb Rope: 98%
Walk Tightrope: 98%
Work Bars and Rings: 98%
Climbing: 40%

Psionics
ISP: 290

Knows ALL Sensitive Psionics
And the following Super Psionics:
Mindblock Auto Defense 14 ISP burnt off MB is always active
PsiSword 30 ISP 5 min/lvl, 1d6x10 or 10d6 MD
TK Force Field 30 ISP 40’/lvl 10min/lvl, 25MDC/lvl, 10’diam/lvl
Telemechanics 10 ISP Touch 10min + 2 min/lvl
Telemechanic Operation 12 ISP 20’+5’/lvl 2 melee/lvl

Magic
PPE: 301

Knows ALL Elemental Magic from levels 1 through 8

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

And another that came from some other poster here on the boards, I cannot vouch for its "canon-ness" or lack there of.

Name: Rikel
Alignment: Unprincipled
Race: Godling
Sex: M
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 260 lb (all muscle)
Family Origin: Unknown
RCC Classes chosen: Dual Warlock (Earth/Water), Dual Warlock (Fire/Air), Psychic (Sensitive & Super)
Horror Factor: 12 when angry
MDC: 460 (+ 40/level because of elemental joining), regenerates 5 mdc/round
Experience: 11,000 (only receives half experience points due to a wide range of skills)
Level: 4
IQ: 15 Skill Bonus: 0%
ME: 26 Save vs Psionics + 6, Insanity: +9
MA: 16 Trust/Intimidate: 40%
PS: 32 Damage Bonus: 4d6 mdc, carry 1600 lb, lift 3200 lb
PP: 22 Strike/Parry/Dodge Bonus: +4
PE: 30 Coma/Death: +30%, Poison: + 8
PB: 16 Charm/Impress: 30%
Spd (mph/kph): 18, 12 mph, 18 kph
PPE: 320 (+ 10/level)
ISP: 280 (+ 10/level)
Attacks: 7 = 4 to start, + 1 Godling, +1 Boxing, +1 for 4th level

Disposition: Calm, relaxed, fair, honest, approachable, down to earth, extremely pragmatic, professional, can be gruff, relentless, driven, does not like being ordered around by anyone, is not afraid of taking the path of maximum resistance, but almost no ego (often underestimates himself but is fairly accurate in estimating others). Never stops – a voracious reader and planner. A strong environmentalist from an elemental point of view – life cycles include civilization but tries to minimize the impact on the natural. Tends to lean towards elemental Earth (solid, unyielding, patient), can be as flexible and imaginative (deep thinking) as Air, coldly logical as Water, and passionate as Fire. Has a strong grasp of economics and education (MBA and several other degrees, still working on a Doctorate in Environmental Civil Engineering) and works through business practices and systems (economic, social, etc) rather than directly opposing most enemies and environmentally unsound practices.

Allies: Works to establish good relationships with all Good pantheons and groups, warlocks, Atlantean Stone Masters, Wolfen and Noro environmental groups, Biomancers, United Worlds of Warlock, and many other groups – works hard to help coordinate and trade favors among the groups. Hires and guides experts rather than micro managing because he knows other people are often more intelligent and experienced than he is. Has an ongoing affair with Samantha and she always stays when visiting Center (and provides flesh sculpting and healing services to his staff while there). Supports civic environmentalism and works to redirect extremists to something that works (and is actually started to be unofficially worshipped though doesn’t have any priests).

Enemies: Nightlords, vampires, demons, necromancers, some Tzee, Mechanoids, Splugorth, environmentally unsound practices and corporations – evil in general. Does not having any qualms in ambushing and killing these groups, but is very careful not to get caught. Often visits Rifts China and other areas. Does not care for the Coalition but would be more interested in maneuvering them to clean up the worst parts of the magic zone or get into it with the Splugorth than take them head on.

RCC Bonuses:
+2 initiative
+1 strike/parry/dodge
+2 versus magic
+6 versus horror

Deific Abilities:
• Transmutation (limited): 500 ppe + 10% of mdc and regenerates this mdc at 5/day (9 days right now for full regen). Note the ppe is greater than his base so must be cast in conjunction with ley line surges, a ppe donation from another practitioner of magic (often Samantha), or ppe battery. Transmute 100 lb/level of metals or 1 lb/level finished gems. Includes radioactive but not magical minerals/metals/gems. Uses this on an ongoing basis to fund his businesses and personal spending once or twice a month (120 m credits diamonds – again, half invested and half spent).
• Can call all 4 elemental types (minor or major, they are not hostile to each other) at once without the normal emotional drain. Still restricted to only minor elementals until level 8.
• Can dismiss any minor elemental for 15 ppe and 2 melee actions (at level 8 will be able to also dismiss major elementals for 30 ppe and 4 melee actions).
• Can transform into any elemental or quasi-elemental (ice, mud, etc) form by expending 10 ppe and 1 round (15 seconds). All stats remain the same. The benefits are role playing.
• Minor Elementals regard him as a Big Brother, Major Elementals still regard him as a Little Brother.

RCC Skills +%/Level %
• Speak/Write English 98%
• Speak/Write Dragonese 98%
• Speak/Write Wolfen 98%
• Language: ?
• Language: ?
• Math: Basic 5% 70%
• Lore: Demons/Monsters 95%
• Land Navigation 80%
• Boxing
• WP Blunt
• WP Sword
• Wrestling
• HTH: Commando. Auto-parry, Auto-dodge, Ambidextrous (Special tutoring, practices weekly)
RCC Related Skills +%/Level %
• Biology 5% 60%
• Botany 5% 60%
• Computer Operation 5% 50%
• Math: Advanced 5% 75%
• Wrestling
• Research 5% 90%
• Business Etiquette 5% 55%
• Strategy 5% 70%
Secondary Skills +%/Level %
• Pilot Ship 2% 68%
• Bureaucracy 5% 70%
• Lore: Environmentalism
• Lore: 3 Galaxies (Start Level 3)
• Negotiating (Start Level 3)
• Economics
• WP: Heavy Weapons
• Summon Elemental 5% 20% (+10% on ley line, +20% on nexus)
Water Warlock Skills
• Sense Water 2% 70%
• Sense Weather
• Sense Depth
• Sense Water Quality 5% 50%
• Swim 5% 85%
Earth Warlock Skills
• Recognize Mineral 2% 70%
• Sense Tremors: 40 miles
• Sense Earthen Danger 4% 48%
• Underground Direction 2% 88%
• Holistic Medicine 5% 70%
• Identify Plants & Fruits 5% 85%
Air Warlock Skills
• Tell Time – Astronomy 4% 78%
• Sense Storms 5% 50%
• Air Purity 5% 50%
• Astonomy 5% 85%
• Electronics 5% 70%
Fire Warlock Skills
• Sense Fire: 40 miles 2% 70%
• Sense Temperature 5% 50%
• Fire Resistance: Half mdc fire, no regular fire damage

Spells: Elemental: All powers, all spells all elements up to Level (4th).
• Air
o Level 1
Breathe Without Air (3)
Cloud of Slumber (3)
 Cloud of Steam (4)
Create Light (2)
Create Mild Wind (4)
Stop Wind (5)
Thunder Clap (2)
o Level 2
Change Wind Direction (6)
Cloak of Darkness (4)
Create Air (6)
Distant Voice (5)
 Electric Arc (4)
Heavy Breathing (5)
Howling Wind (7)
Levitate (7)
Mesmerism (7)
Miasma (7)
Northwind (7)
Orb of Cold (5)
Silence (10)
o Level 3
Air Bubble (10)
Call Lightning (10
Darkness (10)
Fingers of the Wind (
Float in Air (6)
Frequency Jamming (
Frostblade (
Northern Lights (12)
Resist Cold (
 Sheltering Force (10)
Walk the Wind (10)
Wave of Frost (4)
 Wind Rush (10)
o Level 4
Ball Lightning (15)
Calm Storms (20)
Dissipate Gases (15)
Freeze Water (10)
Invisibility (20)
 Leaf Rustler (15)
Lightblade (12)
Lightning Arc (15)
Phantom Footman (20)
Protection from Lightning (20)
• Earth
o Level 1
Chameleon (5)
Create Wood (5/10)
Dowsing (2)
Dust Storm (5)
Fool’s Gold (5)
Identify Minerals (3)
Identify Plants (3)
Mystic Fulcrum (3)
Rock to Mud (6)
Rot Wood (4)
Shatter (3)
o Level 2
Create Dirt of Clay (6)
Dirt to Clay (6)
 Dirt to Sand (6)
Grow Plants (
Hopping Stones (6)
Track (6)
Throwing Stones (4)
Wall of Clay (
 Wither Plants (10)
o Level 3
Animate Plants (10)
Create Mound (
Crumble Stone (10)
Dig (
Earth Rumble (10)
Encase Object in Stone (10)
Locate Minerals (10)
 Shrink Plant (10/200)
Wall of Stone (15)
o Level 4
Animate Object (12)
Cocoon of Stone (15)
Mend Stone (15)
Quicksand (15)
Repel Animals (10)
Rust (15)
Sand Storm (15)
Wall of Thorns (15)
• Fire
o Level 1
Blinding Flash (1)
Cloud of Smoke (2)
Create Coal 1 (5), 20 lb/level
Fiery Touch (5)
Fire Bolt (4)
Globe of Daylight (2)
Nightvision (4)
Impervious to Fire (5)
Stench of Hades (4)
o Level 2
Cloud of Ash (5)
* Create Coal 2 (10), 80 lb/level
Darkness (
Fireblast (5)
Flame Lick (7)
Freeze Water (
 Heat Object / Boil Water (4)
Resist Cold (5)
Spontaneous Combustion (5)
Swirling Lights (
Tongue of Flame (6)
o Level 3
Circle of Cold (10)
Circle of Flame (10)
* Create Coal 3 (20), 320 lb/level
Create Heat (
Extinguish Fire (
Fire Ball (10)
Fire Gout (10)
Lower Temperature (
Part Fire (
Wall of Flame (15)
o Level 4
Cloud of Steam (10)
* Create Coal 4 (40), 1,280 lb/level
Fire Blossom (10)
Flame Friend (20)
Fuel Flame (10)
Heal Burns (15)
Mini-Fireballs (20)
See Through Smoke (12)
• Water
o Level 1
Cloud of Steam (2)
 Color Water (2)
Create Fog (5)
Dowsing (2)
Float on Water (4)
Purple Mist (5)
Salt Water to Fresh (4)
Sense Direction Underwater (4)
Walk the Waves (5)
Water to Wine (5)
o Level 2
Breathe Under Water (6)
Change Current (
Fog of Fear (7)
Soul Water (6)
Frostblade (7)
Liquids to Water (10)
Resist Fire (6)
 Ride the Waves (7)
Swim as a Fish: Superior (6)
Water Seal (
o Level 3
Calm Waters (15)
Circle of Rain (20)
Command Fish (10)
Freeze Water (
Impervious to Ocean Depth (12)
Resist Cold (6)
Sheet of Ice (15)
o Level 4
Create Water (7)
Communicate with Sea Creature (12)
Hail (20)
Shards of Ice (15)
Speak Underwater (10)
Swim Like the Dolphin (15)
 Wall of Ice (20)
Water Wisps (30)

Psionics: All Sensitive, 5 Super
• Sensitive:
o Astral Bolts (Nightbane)
o Astral Navigation (Nightbane)
o Astral Projection
o Clairvoyance
o Commune with Spirits
o Dreamdance: Minor (Nightbane)
o Empathy
o Etheral Mirage (Nightbane)
o Intuitive Combat
o Machine Ghost
o Mask ISP & Psionics
o Mask PPE
o Meditation
o Mind Block
o Object Read
o Presence Sense
o Read Dimensional Portal
o Remote Viewing
o See Aura
o See the invisible
o Sense Dimensional Anomaly
o Sense Evil
o Sense Magic
o Sense Time
o Sixth Sense
o Speed Reading
o Telepathy
o Total Recall
• Super:
o Hydrokinesis (water) (does anyone think this sucks compared to Pyrokinesis?)
Water Resistance (2 isp, 5 min/level): Ignore currents of up to 5 mph/level, doesn’t get wet, etc.
 Sense Chemical Impurities (2 isp/minute): 70% + 5%/level, detailed 35% + 5%/level.
Boil Water (3 isp/gallon): boils in 1 minute
Water Spout (5, 1 gallon/level)
Sense Water
o Pyrokinesis (fire)
Fire Resistant (2 isp, 5 min/level): Half damage from mdc fire except for magic
 Spontaneous Combustion (2 isp)
Fuel Flame (4): Double fire size, 30 ft + 5 ft/level range
Extinguish Flames (4): 15 ft radius, 30 ft + 5 ft/level range
Create Flame (20): 2 mins/level, 30 ft + 5 ft/level range, 6 ft x 6 ft + 1 ft/level, 6d6 md
Fire Ball (25): 30 ft + 2 ft/level, 6d6 md, +2 to strike
Sense Fire (1 isp/minute): 100 ft + 5 ft/level, 100 ft + 5 ft/level range
o Aerokinesis (air)
Air Resistance (2 isp, 5 min/level): Ignore 20 mph/level of winds
Sense Air Impurities (2 isp/minute): 70% + 5%/level, detailed 35% + 5%/level
Breath Without Air (1 isp/minute): Self only
 Create and Maintain Air Bubble (3 isp/minute): 2 ft radius/level, looks like a soap bubble but a person can stick their head in. Can be moved by will.
 Create and Maintain Wind (2 isp/minute): 1 mph/level, 3 ft wide and 10 ft long per level
Air Spout (5): Equivalent to Wind Rush (knock down 50 lb/level)
Sense Gas Type
o Gaiakinesis (earth)
Earth Resistance (2 isp, 5 min/level): Physical, non-magical attacks (rail guns, explosives, etc) do half mcd damage, no sdc damage.
Sense Earth Impurities (2 isp/minute): 70% + 5%/level, detailed 35% + 5%/level
Mold Stone (1 isp/minute)
Pick up Stone (2 isp/minute): 1000 lb/level + strength bonus
Throw Rock (5): Can pick up and throw 100 lb/level (1d6 mdc/level), 50 ft/level range
Sense Mineral Type
o Mind Block Auto Defense
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

So godling takes magic choice 1 Fire & air (warlocks can take 2 elements at a time) and choice 2 water & earth. Throw in HtH martial arts and a blue arrow tattoo on his bald head...

<evil grin>

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

double post monster...
Last edited by Kryzbyn on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
londonbaz

Semisonic9 wrote:I'm not convinced Warlock magic is that powerfull, by itself, that I'd want to take it for 2 powers.

One LLW or Shifter, one dual-warlock, fine.

I've always been relatively under-whelmed by warlocks, in general. It's a nice loophole to get around the dual-element thing though, with Godlings.

Its not as versatile as seelcting something that uses the "standard" spell lists, but what a cool character concept... the God(ling) of Elements!
Kryzbyn
Hero
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

londonbaz wrote:Its not as versatile as seelcting something that uses the "standard" spell lists, but what a cool character concept... the God(ling) of Elements!

...or an Avatar <cough> :quiet:

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Out of curiosity, where did you get the 'anticipation' skill.

Also, just to point out, if you wanted to do an elemental oriented godling you could just go HU godling and take

CEF: Air
CEF: earth
CEF: water
CEF: fire

also take the glow bug ability for when you make contact with the spirit worl....do cool stuff....
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Prince Artemis wrote:Out of curiosity, where did you get the 'anticipation' skill.

Also, just to point out, if you wanted to do an elemental oriented godling you could just go HU godling and take

also take the glow bug ability for when you make contact with the spirit worl....do cool stuff....

Some where on the net I believe I would have to take some time looking it up again... its most likely from one of the various webring sites.

EDIT found it. Its in a .pdf netbook that is titled "Palladium skills book -Occult-"

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Ah, just wondering. That was the main thing that made your godling...od. good work on it.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Prince Artemis wrote:Ah, just wondering. That was the main thing that made your godling...od. good work on it.

Do you mean "odd", or does od mean something?

And Thanks

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

yes, meant odd. I keep forgetting the second d for some reason.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Thinyser wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:Out of curiosity, where did you get the 'anticipation' skill.

Some where on the net I believe I would have to take some time looking it up again... its most likely from one of the various webring sites.

EDIT found it. Its in a .pdf netbook that is titled "Palladium skills book -Occult-"

Actually, it's found in Rifter 7 :P

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

Actually, it's found in Rifter 7 :P
Really?!?! yep page 52 for those looking... wow its quasi-canon thats cool!

Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The Godling can't master all 4 elements... he is limited to a max of 2 (can only choose option 10 twice).
Dual class warlock abilities don't apply.
137. If a Godling or Demigod chooses power #10 twice and chooses to be a Warlock both times, can they thus use magic from all 4 elements?
Answer: No, 2 elements. (they cannot pick a dual class warlock with this power).

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/questions/rccpcc.html
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Giant2005 wrote:The Godling can't master all 4 elements... he is limited to a max of 2 (can only choose option 10 twice).
Dual class warlock abilities don't apply.
137. If a Godling or Demigod chooses power #10 twice and chooses to be a Warlock both times, can they thus use magic from all 4 elements?
Answer: No, 2 elements. (they cannot pick a dual class warlock with this power).

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/questions/rccpcc.html

The FAQ is wrong just as much as it is right. Which most anybody around here will tell you.

Also note that they somewhat contradict themselves here:
24. When a demi-god or a godling have power #10 (powers of a practitioner of magic) do the special abilities of the practitioner become natural abilities that do not use PPE? Do the demi-god or a godling get the OCC skills as well?
Answer: The Special abilities of that particular O.C.C. will be given, and if they have a PPE Cost, then it will have a PPE Cost for the Godling. Powers that do not have a PPE cost will not have a PPE Cost for the character.

Note that #24 clearly says that they DO get the special abilities not that they don't. Taking dual elements is an ability of the OCC so is thus allowed by the book, as well as the FAQ.

The FAQ is hardly a good resource for a basis for any argument you wish to undertake.

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

FAQ is Good...

FAQ is bad...

FAQ is FAQ...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

elemental godling

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

If you could only take a magic option twice, how about doing this: take the dual elemental option twice as suggested, then take take the Psi-Druid class as your third power. That should fit together very well.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

ThorOwenDane wrote:could a godling be a lord magi as loong as he didnt take MDC or psionics ?

No, they're already supernatural beings, and naturally MDC. and you'll note that they are ALWAYS minorly or majorly psionic if the psionics power option isn't taken.

Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

God-"Ling"

Unread post by Grandil »

Someday I'll show u all my Shifter/Tao Shih/Warborn-just a bit broke.
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”