Demi-God Temporal Wizard

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Demi-God Temporal Wizard

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

gadrin wrote:assuming the DGTW took the 6-year intitiation and has gone up to 2nd level, how do you handle spells for the new level ?

If the Demigod actually belongs to the Temporal Wizard O.C.C. (which I assume is the case since the character has been in service to a Temporal Raider), then the character will learn spells normally for that O.C.C., progressing according to the rules given in Rifts England.

If the Demigod chose Temporal Magic as his or her divine power, then you have a problem. Technically the character would not learn any Temporal Magic spells until reaching 7th level, and it is debatable whether the character could learn conventional magic spells at all. In order to make this workable, I would reduce the level of Temporal Magic spells by six for the purposes of which ones are gained at each level, so at first level the Demigod would know 7th level Temporal Magic (and possibly all 1st level Ley Line Walker/Wizard spells). Also, because the Demigod's magic powers are inherited in this case, servitude to a Temporal Raider would be unnecessary, and I would not give the character any of the bonuses or penalties of servitude.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

If I were to make a DGTW I would select Line walker o more likely Necromancer as the inherent magic since as a Temporal wizard they can learn all line walker invocations and temporal.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It depends on how the demi god gets it.

Demi Gods are allowed to take any magic-using OCC as normal. If they do this, then they can Do the normal 6/10/14 year training. However, They only have the normal spells for that OCC.

If they take Temporal Wizard as their Devine Power, then they cannot have advanced training, but can only be assumed to be the standard level 1 to start with. However, it should be noted that they gain all spells per level. and if you look, while the temporal wizard is not limited to level for selecting spells, all their spells DO have a level, and as they gain levels they will automatically learn all spells of that level, of course, sinse all temporal spells are level 8 or higher, it'll take a while to be useful there.

However, sinse temporal wizards are equally adept at regular invocations, they learn all invocational magic as they go as well.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Semisonic9 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:However, sinse temporal wizards are equally adept at regular invocations, they learn all invocational magic as they go as well.

Yeah, I have a problem with this. It says temporal wizards CAN learn regular incantations at no penalty, not that they all do or that they have any invocations granted to them

actually, they have a large number granted to them, can learn even more and learn more with every level in addition to temporal magic.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

gadrin wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
actually, they have a large number granted to them, can learn even more and learn more with every level in addition to temporal magic.

can they purchase spells and any time ? I don't think so. They get new spells when they level up and I don't think there's really a restriction on which ones, but they can't purchase magic like a Ley Line Walker or Shifter.

I don't see what that has to do with the case, however. I wasn't the one that made that claim.

Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

IIRC (I don't have england in front of me atm) But Temporal Warriors are the ones that can't purchase spells between levels. Temporal Wizards can purchase spells at any time just like the LLW and many other Master Mages.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

gadrin wrote:assuming the DGTW took the 6-year intitiation and has gone up to 2nd level, how do you handle spells for the new level ?

Sence the DG has tasken the Temp Wizard OCC, they only get what is listed in the class discription.

If they had took the deific magic power then things would follow those rules.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Aelfbeorn wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Sence the DG has tasken the Temp Wizard OCC, they only get what is listed in the class discription.

In going with this line, if the DG selected Power #10 for the LLW abilities, would (s)he also get the OCC bonuses listed on RUE PG #116 along with the other abilities?

Yes

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Aelfbeorn wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

In going with this line, if the DG selected Power #10 for the LLW abilities, would (s)he also get the OCC bonuses listed on RUE PG #116 along with the other abilities?

Nope, only those listed in the main book page 83-85. *coming from a player w/o any rue.*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

DMTW

Unread post by Grandil »

Why have a demi-god anyway? why not a Godling- also a bit munchie, but
WTH. Temporal wizards are pretty munchie anyway, but everyone knows
I like Munchkin-Esp. the munchkin faerie!
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Re: DMTW

Grandil wrote:Why have a demi-god anyway? why not a Godling- also a bit munchie, but
WTH. Temporal wizards are pretty munchie anyway, but everyone knows
I like Munchkin-Esp. the munchkin faerie!

Because Demigods can select OCC's and Godlings can't.

Only reason I can think of.

~ Nekira

Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

DGTW

Unread post by Grandil »

Not true- look at the powers list-They can pick up 2, count them, 2 Magic
Classes, & the Burster. Now, that means I could conceivably be a
Necromancer, a Shifter, a LLW, or a Temporal wizard. I agree w/earlier
posts-they need to update the R.C.C. to reflect the number of new
O.C.C.'s. Personally, I take a race of beings-like the Rahu-man, & add
other available O.C.C.'s. Psionically speaking I think it limits the available
P.C.C. (Psychic C.C.)'s. Right now I have a Rahu-man Shifter/Tao Shih/
Warborn. Tao Shih is from Mystic China, & the Warborn is from Rifter 8.
My GM said that with Chi Powers it would count as a Psychic class-FBM!
So in actuallity, I have 3 Magic Classes. Now, I don't get the O.C.C.
Related, & secondary skills, but. Munchkinisis!!!!!
G
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”