*Sigh*ber magic.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

*Sigh*ber magic.

Unread post by acreRake »

1. Can a Cybermage learn "ritual" type magic (like summoning or circles of protection/concealment). I don't think it says in the book, so what's your opinion?

1.1 If they can, can they only "cast" that kind of magic or could they actually be built in to a magic device?

In case i'm not being clear, i mean spells from the list in NB that are either named "Ritual: ..." or are clearly of that type (like you have to physically do, make or use something [components] for the magic to work.)

2. Can a cybermage use spell knowledge gained from Mictlantecutli's Command to create devices?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

question: what the heck is a cyber mage? never heard of 'em
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Answer: A class in Nightbane book 4, Through the Glass Darkly.

They're a lot like Splugorth Bio-Wizards in many ways.
Last edited by Tinker Dragoon on Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Answer: A class in Nightbane book 4, Through the Glass Darkly.

They're a lot like Splugorth Bio-Wizards in many ways.

so they're basically nutjobs with good magic? got it. :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Basically...

Much like Techno-Wizards, they mostly use spells in magical devices, but unlike a TW these devices are made from living creatures.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

ManDrake13 wrote:Basically Nekira Sudacne they took all the "unobtainable" classes in Rifts and dumped them into Nightbane. So you've got all the forms of biowizardry running around, several cool new classes of spells, and all rules structure that Rifts so desperately needed. They basically took the essence of Rifts distilled and corrected many of it's flaws and built Nightbane. All that's missing is a properly cleaned up version of the PPE channeling rules for spell casters.

am I the only one that really dosn't like PPE channeling?

acreRake
Hero

Nekira Sudacne wrote:am I the only one that really dosn't like PPE channeling?
No.

And thanks for the opinion KS. Now to build that zombie making factory! :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tyciol wrote:Of course not Nekira, we sensible people abstain from it. 1-6 half a melee, 7-11 melee, 12-15 2 melees is the game!

*yawn*

please, I'll be the first to admit I don't like that way of doing things, but PPE channeling solves those problems and errects a set of even worse ones.

Shaved Monkey

Unread post by Shaved Monkey »

Tyciol wrote:Well I agree, the cost has always been a bit annoying. Perhaps every additional level of experience could halve the cost and time required to make something, seems pretty fair.

We approach from a different angle, that the rarer and/or highly mystical the components used will reduce the size, cost and time taken. Also adds adventuring hooks with a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" feel to it.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Rifter #21.

acreRake
Hero

Asadeseth wrote:actualy the cyber mage actualy is realy limited in alot of way and could be looked at as a only partualy developed type of magic, the cost of incoperating a lvl 6 spell for example is insain and you can forget about a lvl 9 totaly.
But i think you overlooked how much very rare items would be worth in the contemporary Earth setting of Nightbane. What's the dollar value of an angel's brain? Or a Dragon's? How about the eyes of a nightmare?

Via the astral plane/dreamstream, these things are obtainable.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

acreRake wrote:
Asadeseth wrote:actualy the cyber mage actualy is realy limited in alot of way and could be looked at as a only partualy developed type of magic, the cost of incoperating a lvl 6 spell for example is insain and you can forget about a lvl 9 totaly.
But i think you overlooked how much very rare items would be worth in the contemporary Earth setting of Nightbane. What's the dollar value of an angel's brain? Or a Dragon's? How about the eyes of a nightmare?

Via the astral plane/dreamstream, these things are obtainable.

Wow. I havn't seen this thread sinse Kerry was running for president :P

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”