Magic sniper, combat enhancement magic.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZaNamahage
D-Bee

Magic sniper, combat enhancement magic.

Unread post by ZaNamahage »

So I'm relatively new to rifts and I have searched some books but cannot seem to find a way to enhance a gun or sniper rifle or myself with magic. Is there any class with magic that enhances either your weapon or your ability to use your weapon ? I am trying to make my character exactly that a mage with a sniper rifle . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Magic sniper, combat enhancement magic.

Unread post by Mack »

Working from memory... but I believe there's a few Combat Magic spells in Merc Adventures that are what you're looking for.

Otherwise, I'd recommend a TechnoWizard sniper rifle based off the Power Bolt spell.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Yep, the Combat Mage/Magic in the Mech Adv. is the magic to look at for 'buffing' your weapons.

The problem with the TW magic class is that ALL the examples are of ""converting tech stuff to be magic stuff"". (note the example Mack put forward.)
There are no examples of just making the range longer, making the projectile hit more often (+ strike), etc...etc..or some other type of enhancing the tech item/blending tech with magic.
(those magic tech items that are true Blending of Tech & Magic are not found in the rifts books. The only one I can think of off hand was a HU item in one of the Rifters.)

The Nightbane core book has a few spells that enchant weapons (ancient and modern) to let them ether give additional damage done to the SN or let them hurt the SN that are immune to mundane damage. But you'd need a GM okay to use them in rifts.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ZaNamahage
D-Bee

Unread post by ZaNamahage »

Where can I find the magic / mech are you talking about . Also is nightcore a different game ?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nightbane is PB's horror genre game.

The Item I mentioned in passing is somewhere in the rifters (PB's fanzine/sorcebooks). I don't off hand remember which one. But it was something like a power armor but was only for the arms.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Nightbane is PB's horror genre game.

One of them... BTS / Dead Reign and maybe even Systems Failure sound like scarier settings in some way. Enemies aren't as strong but you play much weaker guys.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”