Can you tell when a psionic/spell misses?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RavenStarver
Explorer

Can you tell when a psionic/spell misses?

Unread post by RavenStarver »

I'm curious because I remember seeing something on this but I can't find it now.
I'm wondering because I've got a group of these elite assassin/scout/spies, who use a little magic and psionic power to make themselves really dangerous. But, say one throws Telepathy to scan a party member, would they (the PC) know? If they fail the save I'd assume not, but we've got a minor psionic and a Mind Mage so they might catch on if somethings up.
The main psionic powers in question are See Aura and Telepathy. Though any information would be greatly appreciated. :?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Can you tell when a psionic/spell misses?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

If the individual has Mind Block Auto-Defense it will kick in when they are being probed blocking those powers in question, and give them indication they are being probed. However outside of that I don't think anything gives away when either power is in effect (at least when Telepathy is in "receive" and not "transmit"). If a person suspects they are being probed, they can resist to get the standard saving throw. Otherwise if they have access to the regular Mind Block (and/or Group Mind Block) they can erect it as a preventative measure.

Group Mind Block mentions that you can't know its in place w/o a "detect psionics" (pg174 PF2E), though I suspect other powers would also give it away. Unfortunately the ability isn't part of any PF2E Psi Powers in the main book.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”