Ultimate magic user killer?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

insanogeddon
Newb

Ultimate magic user killer?

Unread post by insanogeddon »

Is it just me or Juicers are pretty horrible to cope with ..

The Maxi-Killer Splugorth Bio-Wizard Juicer includes the following in racial limitations: Hawrk-duhk, Hawrk-ka, Hawric-ofil

So basically you can have an enhanced juicer hybrid IMMUNE TO ALL MAGIC comming at ya?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Ultimate magic user killer?

Unread post by The Beast »

insanogeddon wrote:Is it just me or Juicers are pretty horrible to cope with ..

The Maxi-Killer Splugorth Bio-Wizard Juicer includes the following in racial limitations: Hawrk-duhk, Hawrk-ka, Hawric-ofil

So basically you can have an enhanced juicer hybrid IMMUNE TO ALL MAGIC comming at ya?

Yup.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

This sort of thing is what Cyber-Knights were invented for.
And automatic grenade launchers, nerve gas, and tactical nuclear weapons. :lol:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

insanogeddon wrote:Is it just me or Juicers are pretty horrible to cope with ..

Huh... Juicers are... interesting... to deal with... but not horrible... course most of my players and myself usually keep a few blades and aoe weapons for just this reason.

As for magic immunity... perhaps you're relying upon magic too much? *says the player who usually plays CS (ex)patriots :lol:*
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

What use would a cyber-knight be if these guys were using ancient weapons? They have organic bio-comps so even if you ruled cyber-knight anti-tech powers worked against normal juicers, these guys are safe.

How does the base MDC on 54 of JU work in respect to MDC races who get this like the various Hawrk or High Lords?

Would a Ka/Ohl have 6D4x10+60 ?

These guys all have low life-spans though, 1/20 of 50 years is only 2.5 years, so they only live 34-54 months.

I figure their magic immunity means that these guys can't get the 3 additional bio-wizardry like Kydians/Kittani though.

Does anyone recall if the Maxi-Inducer or armor symbiotes are re-usable? Like if the Juicer dies, can the Splugorth give the symbiote to another?

The -duhk races reach maturity within 4 or 6 months, lay eggs that take 4 months to hatch, so even if the Splugorth were consantly making all of these guys into Maxi-Killers and killing them off, they could still not just replenish their numbers but still flourish and multiply.

It's actually confusing why the Splugorth wouldn't use these guys as shock troops, they multiply better than Kydians. I guess they're just really hard to manage and not worth the hassle, plus there's no telling how much food MDC beings need to consume.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”